Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,216 posts in this topic

@kachab I received IL. I was trying to set-up appt with Courier service for  passport collection (for both - myself & my wife) with post office in Montreal but could see a form where it allows me to enter only my name in 'Care Of' field and do not see another form coming up where I can key-in my wife details. Do I have to register appt with Courier service with two different  profile/logins for me and my wife?

I added my wife as an another (using add applicant option)  applicant under my profile at the time of registration and  could see both our names listed with all applicable details as two separate applicants but in the page where  I need to enter  'Care Of' with US address , Could key-in only my name or my wife's name to complete registration not both.

Please clarify when you could see this msg. Also anyone in this forum if could think you have some info in the above regard, please let me know. 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, DTCC said:

@kachab I received IL. I was trying to set-up appt with Courier service for  passport collection (for both - myself & my wife) with post office in Montreal but could see a form where it allows me to enter only my name in 'Care Of' field and do not see another form coming up where I can key-in my wife details. Do I have to register appt with Courier service with two different  profile/logins for me and my wife?

I added my wife as an another (using add applicant option)  applicant under my profile at the time of registration and  could see both our names listed with all applicable details as two separate applicants but in the page where  I need to enter  'Care Of' with US address , Could key-in only my name or my wife's name to complete registration not both.

Please clarify when you could see this msg. Also anyone in this forum if could think you have some info in the above regard, please let me know. 

Thank you!

Hi @DTCC

Congratulations on finally getting your IL! 

Unfortunately, I don't know how it works for the courier registration when there are two or more people. In my case, it was only myself. Even then, I remember that the registration system was very confusing!

Hopefully someone else on VJ will be able to give you a better answer. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, DTCC said:

Thank you @kachab..

No problem. Will register with two separate profiles to avoid any issues.

@DTCC Can you please share if this worked out for you well as I will be needed to do the same whenever we get to this point.

@3LabMom I registered with separate profiles for me and my wife. After completing registration, I have observed all applicant details being returned at the very end in the instructions page. Looks to me all can be grouped under one profile since each individual applicant info being returned once the registration is complete.

Folks,

just trying to get some estimates. For all those who were DQ’d around sep 2020 to Feb 2021, I am guessing the perm process started before March 2020(pre COVID shutdown). Is there any way to estimate how the backlogs moves hoping that the perms filed post COVID probably from March 2020 to September 2020 were relatively less. Is there hope of seeing some big moves?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nimar said:

For folks receiving IL after 2 years, do you need to update the DS-260 information and get a new DS-260 confirmation page?  I am assuming some information may change in these 2 years.

I don't think we want to do that unless the consulate or NVC explicitly ask us to do. I have a feeling if we update it now, it could alter our DQ dates. Instead, we can talk about the changes during the in-person interview. At least, that would be one benefit of having this interview obligation or formality. 

~~

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, MR.R said:

Hi Everyone, New to this tracker. I am an EB3, ROW changeability with current priority date waiting for my interview at MTL. 

Q: I am a consultant for a healthcare organization, does that qualify me for the expedited request? I am currently a Canadian citizen.

Thanks so much for guidance.

You can always try.  I am in a health care related field and they have denied my expedite.  I believe someone here is a doctor and was also denied an expedite.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.