Blueeyes1989

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time-Part 2

2,631 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received my DQ email last week Oct 20 from NVC, but early this morning I received another letter from NVC titled “P3U (AOR)” stating that they received my Immigrant Visa fees, and requested the same list of documents that I had already sent to NVC (without Affadavit of Support documents). 

How do I find out if I am missing any documents? Is this an automatic email that they have processed my payment information and included the document cover sheet as a courtesy/convenience?

Timeline
On 10/26/2022 at 1:17 PM, Gha said:

Hi 

@farzady sorry for late reply I was busy .the officer put me in administrative processing but interview went very well

thank you 

Sorry to hear AP. I hope it will be figured out soon. 
thanks for update. 

Timeline

I received my DQ email last week Oct 20 from NVC, but early this morning I received another letter from NVC titled “P3U (AOR)” stating that they received my Immigrant Visa fees, and requested the same list of documents that I had already sent to NVC (without Affadavit of Support documents). 

How do I find out if I am missing any documents? Is this an automatic email that they have processed my payment information and included the document cover sheet as a courtesy/convenience?

I applied through EB-2 NIW, so this should affidavit of support or financial documents should not be needed?

image.thumb.png.3324dd525dc026e82e6ba4a21c4d97e8.png

Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I received DQ email from NVC this week. I am a EB2 applicant (NIW). I saw the timeline. It seems I need to wait at least two years to get invitation letter from Montreal. It  seems long wait time. Is it true? Some people are getting invitation early too.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, LAB_BD said:

I received DQ email from NVC this week. I am a EB2 applicant (NIW). I saw the timeline. It seems I need to wait at least two years to get invitation letter from Montreal. It  seems long wait time. Is it true? Some people are getting invitation early too.

I doubt it will be two years for you.  Once the FB category is clear they will likely work on clearing the EB category backlog, so it could move relatively quickly.  It appears that some people in health care have been invited for their interview early, but really no rhyme or reason as to what Montreal is doing.

Had my EB3 visa interview today, I thought it went well, I was given a 221g administrative processing paper despite submitting all the required documents. They kept my passport and PCC. On average how long has folks waited for a response for them to send back your passport?

Edited by Tiabeanie

17 minutes ago, Tiabeanie said:

Had my EB3 visa interview today, I thought it went well, I was given a 221g administrative processing paper despite submitting all the required documents. They kept my passport and PCC. On average how long has folks waited for a response for them to send back your passport?

Hi @Tiabeanie , sorry to hear!  Each case is different, so each timeline will be different. I know you asked for the average timeline, perhaps some other person with better statistics knowledge can provide it. May I ask what the 212g paperwork asks for? I mean what documents/information are you asked to provide other than the required documents? Thanks, and good luck friend. 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Tiabeanie said:

@Tiabeanie  - Check out this thread.  Might be helpful depending on if it's a 221g or DS-5535.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.