CastilloBarro

What are my chances of getting a visa?

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I recently received an interesting offer from a very good friend of mine who is a US citizen, and I'd like to know whether people think there is any chance of making this happen.

I am a UK citizen and holder of an ESTA tourist visa. I have visited the US many times, always legally. My wife is a Mexican citizen and holds a B1/B2 tourist visa. She also visits the US regularly and has had no legal issues. We are both fully employed teachers in Mexico. I have a bachelor's degree and am currently studying an online masters at a US university. She has a bachelor's degree and a postgraduate certificate from a British university.

My friend, a US citizen, would like me to come and live in his building in order to run errands and help him with certain tasks as he is mobility impaired. He has no close family who can help him and only trusts me for the job. We have known each other for 10 years, which can be proven. I do not have any "carer / home help" type qualifications.

Is there any possibility of me getting approved for a work visa, and if so, which type of visa would suit? I would need to be able to bring my wife with me.

I've already done some research, but I'm not clear on which visa I could apply for, or even if I would qualify for anything. Advice would be much appreciated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

With Employment visa's it is the Employer who does the applying, well their Lawyer anyway.

Makes me wonder of your friend can afford to employ you, and why you as you said you have no qualifications.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

With Employment visa's it is the Employer who does the applying, well their Lawyer anyway.

Makes me wonder of your friend can afford to employ you, and why you as you said you have no qualifications.

I didn't say I have no qualifications: I have a university degree, but I don't have any qualifications directly related to what I would be doing. Do you have a rough idea of how much an employer would need to pay?

Timeline

It  could be nothing, a Lawyer may well tell him not to waste his money.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

H2b iif it is temporary or seasonal? But could well see issues

H4 for the wife, presumably she is OK not working.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

its a non immigrant visa 

attorney is needed and it is costly

the attorney thru the USC client would have to prove their is no one here to be hired or no agency that provides this service (and there is)

and every state has several in-home care agencies and /or live in nursing home or senior care apartments

all available thru medicare or medicaid

chances of him being able to hire the lawyer and provide the needed documents are slim

38 minutes ago, Boiler said:

H2b iif it is temporary or seasonal? But could well see issues

H4 for the wife, presumably she is OK not working.

Thanks, it would ideally be for a period of several years but seasonal could work too.

33 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

its a non immigrant visa 

attorney is needed and it is costly

the attorney thru the USC client would have to prove their is no one here to be hired or no agency that provides this service (and there is)

and every state has several in-home care agencies and /or live in nursing home or senior care apartments

all available thru medicare or medicaid

chances of him being able to hire the lawyer and provide the needed documents are slim

That answers my question, much appreciated. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Also,  you have to prove two years experience in the job that the employer is petitioning you for.  So if you have no Caregiver experience or a degree in a medical related field with post graduate experience.  Then it is a NO.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Also,  you have to prove two years experience in the job that the employer is petitioning you for.  So if you have no Caregiver experience or a degree in a medical related field with post graduate experience.  Then it is a NO.

Not heard of that one

On 8/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Thanks, that's very useful information.

Timeline
50 minutes ago, CastilloBarro said:

Thanks, that's very useful information.

Actually it isn't

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.