PsychoGF

Documentation of Evidence of Bonafide Marriage

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am currently preparing to petition my husband (who resides abroad) through consular processing and in the process of compiling all of our bonafide marriage evidence. The evidences I have are the following:

• Photos from when we first met up to present (of us and with family/friends)

• Joint bank account statement from our home country (we just opened one recently)

• Life Insurances wherein we are beneficiaries of each other

• A copy of my husband being an authorized user for one of my credit cards

• Receipts of our gifts to each other over the years of our long distance relationship

• Inquiry email copies to events places for our wedding

• Plane E-Tickets/Passport stamps of my trips to our home country

I am creating a word document (to be saved as a PDF) of the timeline of our relationship (where the photos of us and with our families/friends will be attached). Now, I am wondering if I should include the other evidences in that timeline document, or should I create a separate word document just for the gift receipts, email inquiries, passport stamps, life insurances? And how should I name each file?

Also, how much photos is considered enough per year? It has been almost 11 years since we have met so I am worried that I might add too much photos.

Lastly, do y'all think our evidences are enough?

Any answer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Edited by PsychoGF

PD 09/22/2022: NOA1

04/18/2023: NOA2

04/21/2023: Case was sent to NVC/CEAC account created

05/02/2023: submitted all forms and applications

05/26/2023: Documentarily Qualified

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

What is "enough" depends on the facts of the case, which you have not mentioned.  If you have lots of time together in person, sure document that and you probably don't need anything more, but it's fine to send what you've listed.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I saved all proof and civil documents, that were required, under I-130 as pdf so I can go back to it, if needed, everything pertaining to it is tied with this filing. Concerning pictures and gift receipts, much is really not needed. You can include a pic and conversation in 3 points of the relationship beginning , the engagement and, now marriage with 2 pics and 2 text noting on them who is who and brief description what is going on in that pic.

• 3 weeks later...

*** Removed related thread. Please post your related questions in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

56 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

Hello, I am currently preparing to file I-130 (CR1)for my husband.

We have the following evidences so far:

image.png.65cac9e5d6b26ec9114d778c108b33ef.png

My husband also has a life insurance and he has already requested to have me as the beneficiary. Although to get the certification/confirmation, it would take months. 

We want to file the I-130 now but are worried that not including his life insurance document would be a huge minus in our case. 

Do you think it's worth waiting for the document or should we just file with the above evidence we have? Also, if we file now and receive his life insurance confirmation later, can we add that as an additional evidence or is it better to drop it entirely?

Thank you  to all who responds!

Your entry/exit passport stamps from your trip to the Philippines are missing from your list.  Those (and/or your boarding passes) would be your strongest evidence of bona fide relationship for the I-130.  Flight tickets do not show that you actually went, only that you purchased the tickets.  If you add the passport stamps and/or boarding passes, no need to wait for the insurance document.

8 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Removed related thread. Please post your related questions in this thread to keep the discussion in one place. ***

Your entry/exit passport stamps from your trip to the Philippines are missing from your list.  Those (and/or your boarding passes) would be your strongest evidence of bona fide relationship for the I-130.  Flight tickets do not show that you actually went, only that you purchased the tickets.  If you add the passport stamps and/or boarding passes, no need to wait for the insurance document.

Thank you so much for your advice!

I'm afraid I have already lost all boarding passes that I had before.

But I still had my old passports, so I'll just do the stamps. Should I scan like the whole pages where the stamps are? Or is it alright if I just take a picture and crop just the entry/exit stamp from my PH trips?

2 minutes ago, PsychoGF said:

Should I scan like the whole pages where the stamps are? Or is it alright if I just take a picture and crop just the entry/exit stamp from my PH trips?

Scan the whole page(s) where the entry/exit stamps are.

6 hours ago, Chancy said:

Scan the whole page(s) where the entry/exit stamps are.

Should I also include the bio page? I was just naturalized last year so my passport changed

11 hours ago, PsychoGF said:

Should I also include the bio page? I was just naturalized last year so my passport changed

Include the bio page of the passport that has the stamps, whether it is your current or old passport.

8 hours ago, Chancy said:

Include the bio page of the passport that has the stamps, whether it is your current or old passport.

Will do! Thank you so much! I was able to find my other e-boarding passes. It shouldn't pose any problem even if they are screenshots, right?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, PsychoGF said:

Will do! Thank you so much! I was able to find my other e-boarding passes. It shouldn't pose any problem even if they are screenshots, right?

Right. A "photocopy" is a photo taken by a machine that scans and prints in one pass.  Printing a screenshot is just a different way to achieve the same result.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.