oat12

Situation escalating with abusive spouse

46 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Family said:

Death threats, if real, in the form of texts/emails, are NOT a negotiating tactic to be kept in the back pocket ….

Continuing to do so is playing a dangerous game. ..as is continued engagement with your jilted husband

You described the death threats as reason for telling him the week you were flying in to activate green card , but not the day 

Your polite email to him about divorce and ongoing back and forth, am assuming your newfound I-864 upper hand. 

You are well researched and DIY savvy and called him “ ignorant and uneducated “ in how immigration/divorce works…but do not underestimate your once beloved IF DEATH THREATS are real and ongoing. 

I’m not using his threats as a negotiation tactic. I am actually trying to seek legal help to take out a restraining order against him.

I am polite in emails because I see it as a way to try and calm him down because he is constantly seething with anger but I have now gone no contact so I will not be engaging in any conversation with him.

I am not trying to underestimate him at all. I am well aware of the threat he poses to me. I’m just trying to navigate all of this in a way that keeps me physically safe from harm and in a position to try and move on. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.