LexieJ

Can first time immigrant(F2b visa holder) stop over to another country prior flying to the US if visa was issued in Manila?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys,

I belong to this FB PH group and a poster was asking if she can travel to Hongkong to have short vacation prior moving to the US? is there repercussion if her interview was expedited because of medical condition of the petitioner and she's going vacation prior moving here? I responded to her that if they have an emergency why even go vacation and her response was because she wanted to have a "happy goodbye between her partner and child"? (I was like WTH??) Anyway, will there be any issues with CFO? Or when she enters the US will there be any issues with her visa/i will CBP question her why she entered a few days later? I tried googling it and I can't find a straight answer. 

I doubt if it will cause any issues for them.

On a personal level, if it is just a couple of days, that makes sense to me. If it is for a few weeks, I would be very annoyed that they manage to squeeze a vacation in before moving to the US when they requested an expedite for medical reasons, yes.

But again, I don’t think they will have any issues at POE

Edited by Daphne .

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

On 7/30/2022 at 11:24 PM, LexieJ said:

Hi guys,

I belong to this FB PH group and a poster was asking if she can travel to Hongkong to have short vacation prior moving to the US? is there repercussion if her interview was expedited because of medical condition of the petitioner and she's going vacation prior moving here? I responded to her that if they have an emergency why even go vacation and her response was because she wanted to have a "happy goodbye between her partner and child"? (I was like WTH??) Anyway, will there be any issues with CFO? Or when she enters the US will there be any issues with her visa/i will CBP question her why she entered a few days later? I tried googling it and I can't find a straight answer. 

She can enter HK on her Philippines passport

Is Hong Kong under any kind of quarantine upon entry?

If she allowed to enter Hong Kong, I see no issue when he/she finally makes it to the USA.

Edited by Palawan

香港特別行政區衞生署 健康及檢疫資訊申報 HKSAR Department of Health Health & Quarantine Information Declaration (chp.gov.hk)

Have to fill this out so many days before entering Hong Kong, I am not sure about transitioning thru HK.

I don't know any US airliners that are transiting thru HK at the moment.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Daphne . said:

I doubt if it will cause any issues for them.

On a personal level, if it is just a couple of days, that makes sense to me. If it is for a few weeks, I would be very annoyed that they manage to squeeze a vacation in before moving to the US when they requested an expedite for medical reasons, yes.

But again, I don’t think they will have any issues at POE

Thank you, my thought was it seems unfair to everyone waiting as there has been a pretty significant backlog in Manila embassy and here she is going on vacation and all, I hope this will  not be an issue.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Palawan said:

香港特別行政區衞生署 健康及檢疫資訊申報 HKSAR Department of Health Health & Quarantine Information Declaration (chp.gov.hk)

Have to fill this out so many days before entering Hong Kong, I am not sure about transitioning thru HK.

This was  my other thought, if she is able to pull this through the Covid guideline in HK will be a big that she might have problem with.

Timeline
2 hours ago, jskibo said:

Wife and I stopped in HK and spent a couple days before continuing to the US.  No issue.

I wonder since you travel with her that's why there is no issue exiting Manila, I have seen things being posted here that Filipinos being denied boarding at Manila immigration? No issues with CFO and her visa I'm guessing?

2 hours ago, Palawan said:

American Airlines has limited flights to HK, Price for 4k round trip from HK to AA (Home Airport) for next month, Pretty steep price. First class was 12K 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.