Mr&Mrs G.

Raleigh NC Case complete

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

My journey has finally ended today, a big thanks to all at visajourney who helped and supported me when I first applied for an IR1 visa. When I joined visajourney I was a lot more active but I have not been posting in a long time although I still availed of the fabulous information this forum provides.

I had my interview today at the Raleigh NC office and it all went smoothly. I arrived 10 minutes early and checked in and then they sent me to the second floor for my interview. I waited about 20 minutes then I was called in for my interview, the officer was very nice and was very pleasant. Basic English test, read a sentence then wrote a sentence before moving on to the civics test.

3 questions only and civics test passed.

1. Name a native American Indian tribe

2. Name the capital of NC

3. Name the capital of the USA

Basic questions followed, like have you ever been a member of a militia or a prison guard. There was approximately 20 questions like this all with the answer "No"

No request was made to see any of the paperwork that I had brought only a quick look at my green card. I was told I passed my interview and that there was a same day oath ceremony downstairs. All told the interview was between 10-15 minutes. 

Downstairs for the oath ceremony which started within 5 minutes of me sitting down. I took the oath of allegiance with five others and I was then handed my naturalization certificate. 

The most stressful part of the day was wearing long pants in near 100 degree heat, it was great to get back into my shorts once I left the building. The only downside to the day was that no family were allowed attend or view my oath ceremony. 

Best of luck to those of you who are still on your journey, hopefully it will end soon for you.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

*** Moved from US Citizenship General Discussion to Progress Reports ***

On 7/27/2022 at 10:02 PM, Mr&Mrs G. said:

My journey has finally ended today

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.