Pat2021

July 2022 NVC Submission

173 posts in this topic

Just now, Gg GG said:

I know I wasn't expecting till next week. Now I can definitely enjoy my weekend. Thank you so much!!

It looks like NVC is working hard to reduce the backlog!

hope they keep the pace so other are reviewed sooner than expected 🙏🏾

We got DQ today after submission on 17 July. However, we also got this message:

Case FE Review note
This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

I am checking with our attorney about what this means, as we already have a joint sponsor whose documents were accepted.

Just now, AmericanLotus said:

Case FE Review note
This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

I am checking with our attorney about what this means, as we already have a joint sponsor whose documents were accepted.

Congrats for being DQd!

Make sure the joint sponsor meets the minimum income requirement. Make sure the household size has been calculated correctly. This usually increments the minimum required income.

Either way, you’re DQ and that’s great. You now have until the Interview to solve the issue with the sponsor ☺️

2 hours ago, AmericanLotus said:

Case FE Review note

Please let us know what happens. I have a joint sponsor as well but I know he is well above the income requirement to sponsor my husband. I’m hoping to be DQ by the week of Oct 24. But please keep us posted on your journey. Good luck and congratulations on being DQ!!!!!

Hello all, just got the email that we're all waiting for....DQ second time of asking.  Submitted additional docs requested through RFE on the 15th July.  NVC are definitely upping the pace.  Good luck all!

38 minutes ago, Jendoxx said:

Hello all, just got the email that we're all waiting for....DQ second time of asking.  Submitted additional docs requested through RFE on the 15th July.  NVC are definitely upping the pace.  Good luck all!

Just curious what additional docs did they ask for from you that you didn’t send the first time? And congrats on being DQ!!!!!!🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Happy to share.  My joint sponsor is self employed so they wanted to see where his additional revenue streams were being generated from through his tax returns.  I uploaded their 1099 for the last tax year.  In addition to that, they wanted a new copy of his 864 as he'd typed, as opposed to scribed, the date under the signature box.  Let me know if you need any pointers, always happy to share my experience with the blessed NVC :-)

11 minutes ago, Jendoxx said:

Happy to share.  My joint sponsor is self employed so they wanted to see where his additional revenue streams were being generated from through his tax returns.  I uploaded their 1099 for the last tax year.  In addition to that, they wanted a new copy of his 864 as he'd typed, as opposed to scribed, the date under the signature box.  Let me know if you need any pointers, always happy to share my experience with the blessed NVC 🙂

Thank you for sharing! I’m hoping to be DQ by the week of Oct 24. Trying to live my life while waiting for the time to come for that blessed relief of an email that states that I will be DQ! Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!!

1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Thank you for sharing! I’m hoping to be DQ by the week of Oct 24. Trying to live my life while waiting for the time to come for that blessed relief of an email that states that I will be DQ! Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!!

I wish you the very best. God bless.

3 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

They pace nvc working at right now. You should be getting DQed in week of Oct 17th. So may be earlier if they keep going faster.

20 minutes ago, Gg GG said:

They pace nvc working at right now. You should be getting DQed in week of Oct 17th. So may be earlier if they keep going faster.

Oh I really hope so. My brother was killed on Oct 24, 2021 so it will be one year that time of year so I really need some good news around this time of year. Everyone please pray for me. I really am having a difficult time with my grief process as it is hitting me in waves right now so it would be wonderful to have that good news and to be able to arrive to see my husband in November knowing we are DQ!

On 9/19/2022 at 12:00 AM, Ctavarez90 said:

Please let us know what happens. I have a joint sponsor as well but I know he is well above the income requirement to sponsor my husband. I’m hoping to be DQ by the week of Oct 24. But please keep us posted on your journey. Good luck and congratulations on being DQ!!!!!

Thanks @NikoTaino and @Ctavarez90

It's nothing to worry about! Our lawyer said:

This is a standard message they send everyone who doesn't qualify on their own. Since they have accepted your Joint Sponsor documents, you do not need to worry about this. However, just to make certain all bases are covered, bring a copy of the Joint Sponsor I-864 and supporting documents to the interview in case they ask to see it again. 

On 9/16/2022 at 10:22 AM, TayTay2022 said:

I didn't realize this... then my form date of submission was 9/26, not 8/29... it's a few days earlier, but I'll take it.  Thanks for this tip!

meant 8/26, not 8/29. too much going on.  

On 9/18/2022 at 4:12 AM, AmericanLotus said:

Case FE Review note

Congratulations!!!!! ❤️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.