2,958 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, LetsGoFast said:

Friends, we finally got our status changed to issued this morning!

Since the timeline above, 

12/28/2023: New medical reports requested by consulate

1/5/2023: New medical reports were submitted through eMedical system

1/18/2023: CEAC status changed to issued TAT - finally after such a long journey

And for the friends here, do you know - 

1. Now will we receive sealed package with passport or is the package already electronic now?

2. When should I expect to receive the email with tracking number?

3. I plan to drive from Vancouver to Seattle to pass the border, does that sound a valid way? Anything that we should prepare in advance?

Thank you all and wish you all the best! And good luck everyone sincerely ;)

Does anyone has any experience about picking up passports from "BLS Vancouver – 850 West Hastings Street Unit B 50, Vancouver, BC V6C 1E1, CA"?

Our cases were issued on Jan 18th, 2023 and have not receive any tracking emails. I read posts about this site and people saying if this site is selected for picking up, we will not receive tracking number and will receive pickup email directly later on. But the people who report this are mostly applying for non-immigration visas (mostly interviewed in Vancouver). Does anyone know what will happen to us on this site?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

After almost exactly 2.5 months from being given a 221g to submit a CV, we finally got an email from them (as a reply to one of ours asking if they got everything and if there's anything else they need) saying: "We acknowledge receipt of the documents you have provided. This case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. "

We assumed that it was a name hit for security clearance, we're wondering if others had similar experiences with a similar reply and if approval is around the corner, or does this mean they haven't even initiated the security check because an officer hadn't reviewed it? 

Thank you in advance, this is such a dumb process. Still hoping we won't get a 5535 after it's already been nearly 3 months since our interview (Nov 9, 2023). 

I thought that if u are flagged for DS5535 you would have been given one already during the interview. 

1 hour ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

After almost exactly 2.5 months from being given a 221g to submit a CV, we finally got an email from them (as a reply to one of ours asking if they got everything and if there's anything else they need) saying: "We acknowledge receipt of the documents you have provided. This case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. "

We assumed that it was a name hit for security clearance, we're wondering if others had similar experiences with a similar reply and if approval is around the corner, or does this mean they haven't even initiated the security check because an officer hadn't reviewed it? 

Thank you in advance, this is such a dumb process. Still hoping we won't get a 5535 after it's already been nearly 3 months since our interview (Nov 9, 2023). 

I wish not! Seems like you’ll be approved soon for the visa if you haven’t received DS-5535. CO will review the resume and will approve your visa application. 

24 minutes ago, APRIL2023 said:

I thought that if u are flagged for DS5535 you would have been given one already during the interview. 

That's what I understood too, yeah. Fingers crossed!

23 minutes ago, Ahmad0606 said:

I wish not! Seems like you’ll be approved soon for the visa if you haven’t received DS-5535. CO will review the resume and will approve your visa application. 

Thank you, it's encouraging 😭🙏🏼

What's interesting is we didn't get a "case last updated" update on CEAC today despite the reply. 

Edited by Phil_K_IR1

Hello everyone,

My case (IR1) was in AP for last 2.8 months, they only requested CV after my interview which was sent the next day but they kept my passport. Today just few minutes ago I received an email from U.S. DoS Visa system and Purolator with the tracking number, seem like they are sending back my passport? my visa status still showing Refused but last updated date change to "today" with the same status "Refused" My question is that are they sending back the passport with visa or without visa, as status didnt changed to Ready or issued. I am really nervous.

Edited by tas005

9 minutes ago, tas005 said:

Hello everyone,

My case (IR1) was in AP for last 2.8 months, they only requested CV after my interview which was sent the next day but they kept my passport. Today just few minutes ago I received an email from U.S. DoS Visa system and Purolator with the tracking number, seem like they are sending back my passport? my visa status still showing Refused but last updated date change to "today" with the same status "Refused" My question is that are they sending back the passport with visa or without visa, as status didnt changed to Ready or issued. I am really nervous.

Status will get update later on! I think you’ll be get your passport with visa on it.

11 minutes ago, Ahmad0606 said:

Status will get update later on! I think you’ll be get your passport with visa on it.

I hope so, we sent inquiry 12 days ago, First earlier this morning we got reply from consulate that case is currently pending review by a consular officer and then received an email of courier tracking number. I dont know why I feel like our inquiry made trigger and they just sending back passport without a visa.

Edited by tas005

4 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

Status update also happens when consulate reply you.

Didn't for us this morning despite the consulate's reply, weirdly.

and tas, seems our timelines are 2 weeks off of each other, so hoping my wife and I hear something good in the next couple weeks. I'm hoping the best for you! 

1 minute ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Didn't for us this morning despite the consulate's reply, weirdly.

and tas, seems our timelines are 2 weeks off of each other, so hoping my wife and I hear something good in the next couple weeks. I'm hoping the best for you! 

yeah hope so, all the best, did they keep your passport on interview? or you send them later on. or passport is with you

1 minute ago, tas005 said:

yeah hope so, all the best, did they keep your passport on interview? or you send them later on. or passport is with you

Passport is with us, given back at the end of interview with 221g. Asked to send it to them later on. 

and I think they only send the passport back if you ask for it? But if you didn't, must be that it's approved with visa and CEAC is slow

1 minute ago, Phil_K_IR1 said:

Passport is with us, given back at the end of interview with 221g. Asked to send it to them later on. 

and I think they only send the passport back if you ask for it? But if you didn't, must be that it's approved with visa and CEAC is slow

yeah I didnt request for the passport, we just made an inquiry about the case status and requested if they can finalize process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.