2,958 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, MAN2023 said:

FINALLY got my green card (IR-1/CR-1)! Interviewed in mtl Jan 11 2023, got DS 5535, sent in my answers the day after. No WOM filed. Did have senators reach out to the consulate. Received an email for a new updated medical and passport to be sent back to consulate end of september. visa status changed to Issued today. 

Congratulations!!! So amazing to hear about this update! Best of luck to you and your loved ones! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, MAN2023 said:

FINALLY got my green card (IR-1/CR-1)! Interviewed in mtl Jan 11 2023, got DS 5535, sent in my answers the day after. No WOM filed. Did have senators reach out to the consulate. Received an email for a new updated medical and passport to be sent back to consulate end of september. visa status changed to Issued today. 

Congratulations and a Merry Christmas to you from the Consulate!  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Daft_Cat said:

Nice to see some progress. Still all quiet on my end (interviewed mid-Feb). No request for medical thus far. Requested extension on WoM ends in a couple weeks. 

Minding sharing your details so I can add you to the tracker?

Required:

- DQ Date

- Interview Date

- Date you got DS-5535

- Date you sent in your DS-5535

- Did you file a WoM? If so, when?

3 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Minding sharing your details so I can add you to the tracker?

Required:

- DQ Date

- Interview Date

- Date you got DS-5535

- Date you sent in your DS-5535

- Did you file a WoM? If so, when?

Am at work at the moment so can't easily check the DQ date, but will give a rough estimate. Others I'm more certain of. 

DQ Date: Approximately December 2022

Interview Date: Feb 16th, 2023

Date I received the DS-5535: Feb 16th, 2023 (it was in my email by the time my flight back to Toronto had landed)

Date I sent in the DS-5535: Feb 19th

Date I filed my WoM: September 6th

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, Daft_Cat said:

Am at work at the moment so can't easily check the DQ date, but will give a rough estimate. Others I'm more certain of. 

DQ Date: Approximately December 2022

Interview Date: Feb 16th, 2023

Date I received the DS-5535: Feb 16th, 2023 (it was in my email by the time my flight back to Toronto had landed)

Date I sent in the DS-5535: Feb 19th

Date I filed my WoM: September 6th

Sorry - one more thing. Is it IR-1/CR-1 or something else? I think I remember you saying it was a spousal application

5 minutes ago, MAN2023 said:

Passport in hand!! Took less than 24hrs once the purolator tracking number was sent. Now pivoting holiday plans to cross the border and see my family! Happy Holidays everyone, please reach out if you have any questions about my experience. Happy to help in any way. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Congratulations 🎊 when did you see issued on the tracker? 

1 hour ago, Daft_Cat said:

Nice to see some progress. Still all quiet on my end (interviewed mid-Feb). No request for medical thus far. Requested extension on WoM ends in a couple weeks. 

Spoke to soon. Attorney just reached out to let me know DoJ was asking for an additional 2-3 week extension (so towards the latter half of Jan). 

Not a motion to dismiss at least.

5 hours ago, MAN2023 said:

Passport in hand!! Took less than 24hrs once the purolator tracking number was sent. Now pivoting holiday plans to cross the border and see my family! Happy Holidays everyone, please reach out if you have any questions about my experience. Happy to help in any way. There’s a light at the end of the tunnel. 

Congrats!

Does your visa annotation say "Clearance Received on <<date>>?

Edited by Leo The Great

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.