2,958 posts in this topic

@ak47 when you asked about your case was your case date update and when you asked last time .I have also 8 month complete in the end of month 

my last date update is in June .in June they said wait 6 month 

thank you 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Gha said:

@ak47 when you asked about your case was your case date update and when you asked last time .I have also 8 month complete in the end of month 

my last date update is in June .in June they said wait 6 month 

thank you 

I enquire every month but from my enquiry in SEP i did not get any response, so sent another email in OCT then i got a response. At my interview in March, the CO said that they should be able to complete the case b4 August because i specifically asked her how long it will take.

My last date update was also in June and that was after my enquiry. But looks like they have stopped checking the case itself  so there has been no DATE updates since June. 

I will be completing 8 months next week and at this point after so long wait, the patience is lost and i think all of you are experiencing the same.

@Gha when was your interview ?

Edited by ak47

1 hour ago, Abriel said:

We submitted it via google form! They gave my fiance a QR code on a piece of paper. I guess its new

For us, it was Microsoft web form

Embassy contact info can be found in this page:

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Canada&cty=Montreal

Edited by Leo The Great

On 11/2/2023 at 7:57 PM, Leo The Great said:

@ALC

I just saw spreadsheet. Congrats on clearing AP so quickly just in 85 days. Would you mind telling what is the clearance received date on your visa. You told earlier that 8/31 was the last update for you.

Unlike one of my B1/B2 visas, there isn't a clearance received annotation this time... only the flu vaccine waiver thing. Now I am not even sure if I was actually in SAO, even though I was told at the interview that I got flagged and they need to send the case to DC... 

From the few pieces of information, I could only speculate whatever process they needed to do, was done on 8/31 (about a month after the interview), then they just sat on my case for like 6 weeks until my lawyers followed up twice. In the first reply they were saying I needed an USCIS waiver, which was very confusing to us (retrospectively, they were probably talking about the flu vaccine waiver since my medical was in June when it was waived, but the most recent processing was beginning of October; though it's something they give, not by me requesting), then the lawyers followed up again to clarify, this time they said it's pending a CO review. Both replies were standard form responses though... 

Luckily, just as we were contemplating our options, the request for passport email came. 

@ak47 Luckily, I was able to scrape by by a hair, my medical expires in mid December, and I will be landing in about two weeks. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Fayisa said:

Hello guys, we are trying to reach a senator or a congressman, can you reach multiple for my husband state or should we reach only one? Anybody reached them, what was your experience ? Thanks

I reached out to a senator and got a long but standard response from the Chief of the consular section in Tunis. 
"We realize that these extended time periods cause frustration to many individuals, and we are sensitive to the fact that the purpose of the immigrant visa program is to re-unite families. Nonetheless, the embassy must adjudicate visas in accordance with the provisions of the law, and, in some cases, this involves extensive administrative processing. While we cannot predict when the processing of the applicant's visa will be completed, please be assured that the embassy and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will do all we can to see that the visa is adjudicated as soon as the processing of his application has been completed"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.