2,958 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, dana.lannen said:

Yesterday, they replied to my email inquiring for a status update and said "

We acknowledge receipt of the additional documents you have provided. This case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete. "

It took them ten days to reply. All we can do now is be patient. I know this sucks but we are in this together! The universe has perfect timing for everything, and even though this is hard, every day of waiting will make the victory that much better. We got this!

Thanks for the uplifting words, I have received the same email on the 25th of September since then there is nothing. We can do nothing just to be optimistic and wait patiently. 

33 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

@Fayisa

What happen to your case. You were very close to end of this journey after relatively quick AP. Did consulate ask for new medical?

To be honest I feel it is my fault, my AP was so quick interview was on feb got Ds5535 to fil, one month exactly from the interview they asked for my passport back. I was out of the country for a family events, didnt came back till August. So I sent the passport on September 8th, they have received it on the 12th of September. Before sending the passport I asked them for a new medical but they asked me to send the passport first before getting new medical. So I am still waiting 😭. I got 3 updates since I sent my passport. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, dana.lannen said:

Yesterday, they replied to my email inquiring for a status update and said "

We acknowledge receipt of the additional documents you have provided. This case is currently pending review by a consular officer. As soon as the review is complete, the Visa Unit will advise of the next steps if anything else is needed to complete processing the case. 

While we cannot predict when the processing of your visa will be completed, please be assured that the Consulate and the Department of State are aware of your concerns and will contact you as soon as the processing is complete. "

It took them ten days to reply. All we can do now is be patient. I know this sucks but we are in this together! The universe has perfect timing for everything, and even though this is hard, every day of waiting will make the victory that much better. We got this!

Hello 

I received the 221g white paper at interview, they asked for a joint sponsor.  I sent back the i864 form and the w2 and tax return, including my passport as well. They received it on 18th September and uploaded on CEAC on 15th September.  Last updated was on 28th September. 

This is my 5th week. Do you think it's better to send them an email or just wait?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, niloo said:

Hello 

I received the 221g white paper at interview, they asked for a joint sponsor.  I sent back the i864 form and the w2 and tax return, including my passport as well. They received it on 18th September and uploaded on CEAC on 15th September.  Last updated was on 28th September. 

This is my 5th week. Do you think it's better to send them an email or just wait?

I waited about the same time frame but chose to email because they never told us they recieved his passport so I wanted to confirm. If emailing would give you peace, Id send one. It cant hurt to email. 
Your "case last updated" date will update on the day they receive your email, and they day they reply (typically ten days later).

I think you are probaly just in the que to be reviewed, like me and Fayisa. From what ive found online it looks like the average review time for a 221G at montreal is 6-8 weeks. 

Got the email to send the passport this morning!

The last update date was 8/31, which I suspected was the date my SAO clearance was received by MTL. My lawyers followed up on the dot at the 60 days mark per DOS instruction. The first email they got was saying they were waiting on an eligibility wavier from USCIS, which I needed to provide (which was an error on their end), the lawyers followed up again after that, got an email saying the case is waiting for the review by a consular officer, and two days later got the Passport Request. 

Seems like the case was cleared about 1.5 months ago, and was probably just sitting there until we followed up twice...  O la la... 

23 minutes ago, ALC said:

The last update date was 8/31, which I suspected was the date my SAO clearance was received by MTL. My lawyers followed up on the dot at the 60 days mark per DOS instruction. The first email they got was saying they were waiting on an eligibility wavier from USCIS, which I needed to provide (which was an error on their end), the lawyers followed up again after that, got an email saying the case is waiting for the review by a consular officer, and two days later got the Passport Request. 

Seems like the case was cleared about 1.5 months ago, and was probably just sitting there until we followed up twice...  O la la... 

Congrats!

Did MTL ask you for DS-5535 form only?  I assume you did not file any WOM based on your timelines in Excel sheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

Edited by Leo The Great

23 minutes ago, Leo The Great said:

Congrats!

Did MTL ask you for DS-5535 form only?  I assume you did not file any WOM based on your timelines in Excel sheet?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jV7rzX2eCRVoEDRhOtN9a6hDoHRLNEf1P3ZGZbQ0_Dc/edit#gid=0

Yep, the only thing was the Security Advisory Opinion, and since I have gone through it once before, it was pretty quick (about a month), the MTL sat on it for a month and half ugh... 

No WoM, working remotely so didn't feel the need to, was concerned about the medical expiring though

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, ALC said:

Congrats! Great news.

Also, this is further evidence that EB visas clear faster than the CR/IR visas

8 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Congrats! Great news.

Also, this is further evidence that EB visas clear faster than the CR/IR visas

Thank you!

And yes, they do, I suspect it's mainly because most of the EB applicants have either worked, or studied and quite often both in the US, so it's easier with the verification of the records etc... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
17 hours ago, ALC said:

Thank you!

And yes, they do, I suspect it's mainly because most of the EB applicants have either worked, or studied and quite often both in the US, so it's easier with the verification of the records etc... 

Hey can you please update your timeline when you get a chance, its hard to keep track of everyones with 5535 on VJ.

Edited by Inveigh

39 minutes ago, Inveigh said:

Hey can you please update your timeline when you get a chance, its hard to keep track of everyones with 5535 on VJ.

Please check here. They have posted their timeline along with many others. Please add yours. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.