2,958 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kate777 said:

Yay it was issued today!! Can't really wrap my head around it. It's been almost 2 1/2 yrs since we first submitted the I129F

Our timeline was-

fiance’s interview 5/4/22
DS-5535 emailed to him 5/5
I contacted my congressman and senator in Aug, not sure if that did anything
submitted WOM paperwork to Hacking Law 9/14 (not sure the exact date they filed but shortly after that)
first lawsuit deadline was 12/17, no case updates during that time so Hacking refiled the case in my home state (they had originally filed in Washington DC)
request for new medical and updated passport pics 1/6/23
extension for lawsuit was requested at the end of Jan and granted until 4/7
CEAC status changed to Application Received 3/7
Approved 3/8
Issued 3/10

wow congrats! 10 months later - so long 🥴 I thought the "extension" they can request was up to 90 days in total, disheartening to see that they can go 90 days and then ask for an additional 4 months 

Edited by Evie6366

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Evie6366 said:

wow congrats! 10 months later - so long 🥴 I thought the "extension" they can request was up to 90 days in total, disheartening to see that they can go 90 days and then ask for an additional 4 months 

SO long! yeah on Dec 15, when they refiled for us, we were told that the new deadline would be 45 days out. and then at the end of that they asked for an additional 45 days. so it was 60 days (they must have served the defendants in Oct) and then two 45 day extensions

which honestly doesn’t seem to quite add up based on the dates provided, but that was what we were told? can’t tell if was 45 calendar days or 45 business days because neither match exactly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, kate777 said:

Yay it was issued today!! Can't really wrap my head around it. It's been almost 2 1/2 yrs since we first submitted the I129F

Our timeline was-

submitted WOM paperwork to Hacking Law 9/14 (not sure the exact date they filed but shortly after that)
first lawsuit deadline was 12/17, no case updates during that time so Hacking refiled the case in my home state (they had originally filed in Washington DC)
Approved 3/8
Issued 3/10

Congrats @kate777, your nightmare is ending!

18 hours ago, kate777 said:

Our timeline was-

Approved 3/8
Issued 3/10

Congrats!

May I ask what happened the first time that you had to refile? Did your attorney summon the State Department? Did they respond to the court? Or there were clerical issues?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ohm said:

Congrats!

May I ask what happened the first time that you had to refile? Did your attorney summon the State Department? Did they respond to the court? Or there were clerical issues?

My understanding is that they originally filed the lawsuit with the DC courts, summons were issued, defendants served, but there was no movement from the US attorney. I don’t know why— not sure if anyone even looked at it as there were no case updates, so it may have just been the high volume of lawsuits filed in DC. But I have no idea.

My lawyer and the defendants then agreed the best course of action would be to refile the case in my state, which was known to move faster. They handled that all on their end, and as soon as they did our case started to get touched and then we got the 2nd medical request within a month.

Hello 

I was stuck in DS5535 AP since last 1.5 years for K1 visa (Montreal consulate) and finally on Dec 29th 2022 the Consulate requested new medical, passports and DS160 with updated pics. Sent everything by Jan 18th 2023 until now there have been 5 updates latest being on 28th Feb and the CEAC says "Refused". Now my Police certificate (RCMP) will be expiring on 17th March since they have a validity of 2 years. I am confused should I send the new RCMP check by Fedex proactively or wait for the Consulate to request a new one? 

It has been 8 weeks until now and they did not review a single medical file, I am worried if this Police certificate will give them 1 more excuse to delay my case 😞 

2 hours ago, oclus said:

Hello 

I was stuck in DS5535 AP since last 1.5 years for K1 visa (Montreal consulate) and finally on Dec 29th 2022 the Consulate requested new medical, passports and DS160 with updated pics. Sent everything by Jan 18th 2023 until now there have been 5 updates latest being on 28th Feb and the CEAC says "Refused". Now my Police certificate (RCMP) will be expiring on 17th March since they have a validity of 2 years. I am confused should I send the new RCMP check by Fedex proactively or wait for the Consulate to request a new one? 

It has been 8 weeks until now and they did not review a single medical file, I am worried if this Police certificate will give them 1 more excuse to delay my case 😞 

You should get a new one ASAP and send it in - use the aisusvisa system. Out or curiosity, when was your interview? 

Edited by throwitaway

I already got a new one and since Consulate has not asked it, can I use the aisusvisa system? I was thinking to use Fedex since its faster. They asked only the medical, DS 160 and passports back in Dec 2022 and was sent on Jan 18th 2023. My interview was almost over a year ago in late 2021 got 221 g AP back then 

Edited by oclus
Typo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, oclus said:

Does anyone have any experience with Montreal on timeline of second medical and issuance of visa? Its been almost 7.5 weeks that they got everything but no visa in hand 🥺

Now the RCMP certificate is expiring in 2 days 😢

@oclus usually after you complete the second medical and all your stuff has been sent in, you have a visa in hand in under two weeks or so. It sounds like your RCMP certificate was very close to the line, do you have any updates for us on this?

They never asked for the RCMP certification in Dec 2022, so I sent only what they asked and now after reading some forums I realized my Police check might be expiring on March 17th after 2 years. I have been emailing Montreal Consulate and was told they don’t reply until after 6 weeks of reception of the required documentation. So I am confused should I proactively send this new certificate myself or wait for the Consulate to ask it? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.