2,958 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2023 at 10:17 AM, throwitaway said:

Yes, but if you need it in the meantime you can ask for it back. 

Later, once they’re ready to issue the visa, they‘ll request it from you. 

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered already but how long does it usually take for embassy to send passport if I ask for it back while they process my application? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Tiabeanie said:

Nope. Last CEAC update for me was December 15th. Sent my police certificate as I was told via email and my certificate has been in the consulate's hands for 8 weeks today. Starting to feel pessimistic. This waiting is painful.

It’s very painful. The consulate now has all my stuff, including passport and updated medical and RCMP certificate since last week and I still don’t see any updates. I am getting antsy!

Timeline
7 hours ago, lomnd said:

Hi. Sorry if this has been answered already but how long does it usually take for embassy to send passport if I ask for it back while they process my application? Thanks!

I think we have seen quite a range of times here…someone else here might be able to speak to it, but I wouldn’t expect a speedy return. Couple of weeks minimum i think.

7 hours ago, Mmk2112 said:

Good morning, no updates anyone ?

None today for me.

1 hour ago, ice-qube said:

It’s very painful. The consulate now has all my stuff, including passport and updated medical and RCMP certificate since last week and I still don’t see any updates. I am getting antsy!

I really shouldn't complain compared to your ordeal but this whole process has been emotionally and financially draining. I haven't been able to work for months and whenever I email the consulate I get the generic "This case is currently pending to be reviewed by a consular officer". Like how long does it take to review one document? Yes I'm fortunate I didn't get DS-5535 but I wasn't expecting to waiting 3+ months. I'm frustrated and broken. I just want to get my green card go home and work.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

I really shouldn't complain compared to your ordeal but this whole process has been emotionally and financially draining. I haven't been able to work for months and whenever I email the consulate I get the generic "This case is currently pending to be reviewed by a consular officer". Like how long does it take to review one document? Yes I'm fortunate I didn't get DS-5535 but I wasn't expecting to waiting 3+ months. I'm frustrated and broken. I just want to get my green card go home and work.

Regardless of how long I or you have been waiting, there is one thing for sure, the bureaucracy is not functioning very well. There are too many of these stories out of Montreal. 

Hi everyone,

has anyone here been sent to do the second medical without being asked to send passport? It’s been about 1.5 since doing medical and no request to send passports! Follow up didn’t add much info either, case still pending. What could be the reason? I thought when one is sent for second medical, this means almost cleared?! Really appreciate sharing your experience or insight! This is a confusing and stressful situation as we can’t plan anything. Thanks in advance 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mary184 said:

Hi everyone,

has anyone here been sent to do the second medical without being asked to send passport? It’s been about 1.5 since doing medical and no request to send passports! Follow up didn’t add much info either, case still pending. What could be the reason? I thought when one is sent for second medical, this means almost cleared?! Really appreciate sharing your experience or insight! This is a confusing and stressful situation as we can’t plan anything. Thanks in advance 

In general, they would not likely ask for a new medical without them being prepared to go forward. There would be no discernible point of that.

5 hours ago, ice-qube said:

In general, they would not likely ask for a new medical without them being prepared to go forward. There would be no discernible point of that.

Thanks. That’s why I’m confused as well. It’s about a month and half we have done second medical and still not being asked to send passport! Not a good situation to be in at all! I got another job offer thinking I’m getting visa soon and can’t afford losing it 😐

15 hours ago, ice-qube said:

I think we have seen quite a range of times here…someone else here might be able to speak to it, but I wouldn’t expect a speedy return. Couple of weeks minimum i think.

Thanks for responding! Wow, I thought it would be faster. But it should be coming from Montreal right? I'm not sure if they send out the passport and application to process the DS5535...

14 hours ago, Tiabeanie said:

True. Stay strong my friend

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, ice-qube said:

None today for me.

I see updated activity on this thread and come here hoping you've managed to get your passport back with your visa issued.  Still sending positive vibes and hoping you see something SOON!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
22 hours ago, ice-qube said:

i think you will see something mid feb, maybe 2-3 weeks into feb!

but fingers crossed for sooner update!

USCIS

January 8th 2014 - NOA1

July 10th 2014 - NOA2

NVC

July 17th 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

July 30th 2014 - Case received by NVC

August 13th 2014 - Case number and IIN received by email

August 13th 2014 - DS-261 Form Completed

August 14th 2014 - AOS Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 17th 2014 - IV Fees Invoiced and Paid

September 19th 2014 - DS260 Completed

October 6th 2014 - AOS and IV Packages Received

November 28th 2014 - AOS and IV Checklist (4 items in total. 3 for documents they lost. Called on December 9 and a rep said no checklist for IV....go figure)

December 8th 2014 - Checklist scan date.

December 30th 2014 - Case Compl........NOT. So after not having an interview date yet, I called again on Jan 30th and apparently its in final review with a supervisor.

February 6th 2015 - Case Complete: Supervisor called from NVC to confirm everything has been completed now.

March 27 2015 - Interview Date

March 27 2015 - Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.