PKBJA

I-765 is out of processing time.

16 posts in this topic

I-765 at NBC submitted 08/03/21 and the USCIS website says it takes 8 months. It is currently 11 months, I called and tier 1 agent said they can’t do anything. I submitted inquiry 3 weeks ago, awaiting response. Is there anything else I can do? This is based on c9 and marriage to LPR. Just received interview for citizenship in a month so hopefully that expedited things 

Edit: I filed for my husband as a green card holder and hoping once I receive my citizenship it will help speed things up.

Edited by PKBJA

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
3 minutes ago, PKBJA said:

Just received interview for citizenship in a month

You mean AOS interview. Very likely you'll get the GC first.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

~~ Topic moved from IR1/CR1 to Working & Traveling during US immigration where EADs are discussed ~~

8.5 is the upper limit. If you scroll down and input the receipt date, it becomes about 12 months. You are eligible to submit an out of processing time inquiry after July 27,2022:

0577308B-B25C-4937-ABEB-5D23B6ACAAD8.thumb.jpeg.a1a9ddb4de28d0d7b7a87955a09fb658.jpeg

Edited by powerpuff

1 minute ago, powerpuff said:

That has no impact on your husband’s EAD timeline.

So even if I get my citizenship, it won’t speed up the EAD, AOS process or I-130 process? So once I receive my citizenship, it doesn’t matter to update the case to IR1?

Okay I will submit another one that date

9 minutes ago, PKBJA said:

So even if I get my citizenship, it won’t speed up the EAD, AOS process or I-130 process?

There’s no distinction between family based AOS when it comes to a citizen vs.

LPR petitioner, it’s the same processing estimates.

EDIT: It might have an impact on I-130 since that has the LPR/citizen distinction. Shorter wait times for US citizen petitioners.

9 minutes ago, PKBJA said:

So once I receive my citizenship, it doesn’t matter to update the case to IR1?

I don’t follow. How is IR1 relevant here? Your husband is adjusting status, not going through consular processing.

Edited by powerpuff

5 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

There’s no distinction between family based AOS when it comes to a citizen vs.

LPR petitioner, it’s the same processing estimates.

EDIT: It might have an impact on I-130 since that has the LPR/citizen distinction. Shorter wait times for US citizen petitioners.

I don’t follow. How is IR1 relevant here? You’re husband is adjusting status, not going through consular processing.

Sorry I don’t know the correct categories, but I meant updating from filing as a green card holder to citizenship. 

Oh okay, now I understand. Thank you for your prompt response. :)  Do you know how long it typically takes to hear a response after submitting RFE for i-485? Can it take another year? 

Just now, PKBJA said:

Sorry I don’t know the correct categories, but I meant updating from filing as a green card holder to citizenship. 

That’s the same process you’re going through now, N400. Or do you mean Removal of conditions to go from 2 year GC to 10 year GC?

1 minute ago, PKBJA said:

Oh okay, now I understand. Thank you for your prompt response. :)  Do you know how long it typically takes to hear a response after submitting RFE for i-485? Can it take another year? 

There’s no average universal time, each local field office has their own processing times. It could take another year but also could take weeks/few months, it’s impossible to tell. 

Your husband is in the US? What is your husband’s current immigration status? 

13 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

That’s the same process you’re going through now, N400. Or do you mean Removal of conditions to go from 2 year GC to 10 year GC?

There’s no average universal time, each local field office has their own processing times. It could take another year but also could take weeks/few months, it’s impossible to tell. 

Your husband is in the US? What is your husband’s current immigration status? 

I was just wondering once I get my citizenship, if I should update USCIS or not. I was not sure if it would help speed things up or not but you did answer that for me. Thank you. 

Yes, he is in the US, he is an A2 status. 

It’s just when I saw the 8.5 months, and it’s been 11 I thought that would mean they could expedite it or something but now I see I have to wait until the 27th to ask about the case again. So if the date reached 27th and we still don’t hear from them months later. Could that be grounds for expediting? I’m not really sure if the processing time is grounds for expediting a case. 

16 hours ago, PKBJA said:

Do you know how long it typically takes to hear a response after submitting RFE for i-485? Can it take another year?

There’s no set time but my recent experience is that I received an RFE on my I-485 on 10/27/2021, responded 10/29/2021 and they took action on it on 03/17/2022 - so 5.5 months for me but your experience may vary. 

58 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

There’s no set time but my recent experience is that I received an RFE on my I-485 on 10/27/2021, responded 10/29/2021 and they took action on it on 03/17/2022 - so 5.5 months for me but your experience may vary. 

Or 4.5 even 😅

On 7/21/2022 at 6:25 AM, jan22 said:

He's still msintaining A-2 status?  Because your husband is in a diplomatic status, I expect his case will take longer to adjudicate, to ensure that all the necessary extra forms have been filed and conditions met.  They don't often have cases like that.

Yes he is

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.