11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Has anyone received a DS-5535 from the London Embassy? I’m having a hard time finding any information as it seems they don’t use it frequently. 

I’m wondering what the processing times have been like?

Thanks! 

31 minutes ago, SLock said:

Hi All,

Has anyone received a DS-5535 from the London Embassy? I’m having a hard time finding any information as it seems they don’t use it frequently. 

I’m wondering what the processing times have been like?

Thanks! 

I got one at my visa medical. It was the only documentation that I left the medical with - everything else was sent directly to the consulate. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP

Were u born in UK ?

or immigrated from another country?

that's the only reason i can think of that would prompt a ds 5535 unless you worked outside the UK extensively or had a complicated travel history

if so,  check the ds 5535 forum and read posts there from others 

type ds 5535 in the search bar

40 minutes ago, AW1704 said:

I got one at my visa medical. It was the only documentation that I left the medical with - everything else was sent directly to the consulate. 

Apologies I was thinking of DS3025. I am not with it today. I will leave it to people who actually know what they are talking about 😀

5 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

OP

Were u born in UK ?

or immigrated from another country?

that's the only reason i can think of that would prompt a ds 5535 unless you worked outside the UK extensively or had a complicated travel history

if so,  check the ds 5535 forum and read posts there from others 

type ds 5535 in the search bar

I am the US citizen - My husband was born in the U.K. No immigration history in the family.

He spent 2 years Australia (not uncommon for U.K. citizens) when he was younger and worked in the US on a J1 (summer camp - how we met), but has never worked anywhere else. 

We have travelled quite a bit together - mostly Europe, some Asia. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, SLock said:

I am the US citizen - My husband was born in the U.K. No immigration history in the family.

He spent 2 years Australia (not uncommon for U.K. citizens) when he was younger and worked in the US on a J1 (summer camp - how we met), but has never worked anywhere else. 

Perhaps they came up with a name hit  on the security check that is the same as your husband’s, so need more background information to rule him out as the bad guy. I’ve actually never heard anybody mention being asked for this after a London interview in the dozen years I have followed the UK forum.  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

43 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Perhaps they came up with a name hit  on the security check that is the same as your husband’s, so need more background information to rule him out as the bad guy. I’ve actually never heard anybody mention being asked for this after a London interview in the dozen years I have followed the UK forum.  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Yeah, I’ve only been able to find one other person who has been in this situation after London interview. Like us, she was told she was approved at interview then given the 5535 a few days later. No obvious reason for her either - it seems so strange. 

Timeline
15 hours ago, SLock said:

without a long history of travel to countries deemed "terroriats training"  and/or other warnings

and born Uk citizen,  your ds 5535 should be a lot faster for CO and embassy to check

and it seems strange they gave him the ds 5535 to flll out 

On 7/17/2022 at 9:24 AM, JeanneAdil said:

without a long history of travel to countries deemed "terroriats training"  and/or other warnings

and born Uk citizen,  your ds 5535 should be a lot faster for CO and embassy to check

and it seems strange they gave him the ds 5535 to flll out 

This is speculation. Some members in the 5535 Montreal thread who are Canadian born with no travel history to designated countries of concern have been waiting a very long time. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Throwitaway1988 said:

This is speculation. Some members in the 5535 Montreal thread who are Canadian born with no travel history to designated countries of concern have been waiting a very long time. 

it is speculation 

it is trying to discover the reason since we are not privy to all information

and it is based on seeing many from other countries that are are living in Canada and have been given a ds 5535 as per past post / there are many posts like this about ds 5535 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.