Waitingtolong

July Interview Letters

195 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Redrobot said:

Well, it does appear to be I-130 week, at least! Let’s see where we are in 24 hours. 

Yeah I hope we get ours by tomorrow

19 hours ago, Redrobot said:

It’s so, so tough.. I have been pattern-spotting again, though ☺️ Do we think the NVC are working through I-130s in alphabetical order of country name? Embassy countries with ILs so far have included Belgium, Dominican Republic, Germany, Guyana… those of us with I-130 and still waiting are from Haiti, Netherlands, Switzerland, Tunisia, U.K. …

Ha! That's a really interesting idea 😁. Good spot!

I've always assumed that when NVC work with an embassy to schedule an interview - in practice that means that NVC hold the application until the embassy are ready to schedule a bunch of interviews. And I can't imagine scheduling is a particularly big job - as far as I'm aware they don't liaise with the applicant to work out which times work best for their interview! So my gut feel is that this is probably just an interesting coincidence than a pattern, but who knows!

What I'm quite interested to know is the time people are recieving their emails. Is it east coast working hours (from NVC) or local working hours (from embassy)?

In other words, is it fruitless to refresh my emails before 9:00 ET? Or should I stop checking once we hit 17:30 UK time?

2 hours ago, Laud said:

Ha! That's a really interesting idea 😁. Good spot!

I've always assumed that when NVC work with an embassy to schedule an interview - in practice that means that NVC hold the application until the embassy are ready to schedule a bunch of interviews. And I can't imagine scheduling is a particularly big job - as far as I'm aware they don't liaise with the applicant to work out which times work best for their interview! So my gut feel is that this is probably just an interesting coincidence than a pattern, but who knows!

What I'm quite interested to know is the time people are recieving their emails. Is it east coast working hours (from NVC) or local working hours (from embassy)?

In other words, is it fruitless to refresh my emails before 9:00 ET? Or should I stop checking once we hit 17:30 UK time?

For these ILs I noticed it’s around 10:00EST…. And I’ve received mine!!!!! Interview 6 Sept! 🥳🥳. I’m supposed to start my new job 1 Sept but they are willing to hold on… actually, they’ve been waiting since April! Just so very happy that it’s now all happening 😍 best of luck everyone!

1 minute ago, Redrobot said:

For these ILs I noticed it’s around 10:00EST…. And I’ve received mine!!!!! Interview 6 Sept! 🥳🥳. I’m supposed to start my new job 1 Sept but they are willing to hold on… actually, they’ve been waiting since April! Just so very happy that it’s now all happening 😍 best of luck everyone!

congratulations.  I hope to get mine soon. My husband also has a job waiting for him too.  

34 minutes ago, J+M said:

Congratulations everyone who recently got their interview letters :) Has anyone received an interview letter from the London Embassy yet? Our DQ date is June 22nd and we still haven't heard anything! 

London here. DQ June 27 and nothing. I see lots of other countries but not the UK 😔 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I am in Haiti and I was Dq in July 19 2022 I do not know when will I receive an interview. I have a 6 month old baby who left Haiti with his father who is an American citizen on July 3, 2022. Because of heavy gunfire from the armed gangs, we were no longer safe. I would like to join my husband and my daughter but they refuse to speed up my case. I heard he was taking cad DQs in 2020.

1 hour ago, Redrobot said:

Congrats mate. Routing for you! Nice early interview too.

1 hour ago, J+M said:

Congratulations everyone who recently got their interview letters :) Has anyone received an interview letter from the London Embassy yet? Our DQ date is June 22nd and we still haven't heard anything! 

UK here. DQ July 12. Nothing yet. Feeling good about Monday 💪

4 hours ago, Laud said:

Congrats mate. Routing for you! Nice early interview too.

UK here. DQ July 12. Nothing yet. Feeling good about Monday 💪

What’s happening Monday? Or are you feeling good because it’s a new week? Fingers crossed! 🤞🏻

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
6 hours ago, Redrobot said:

Congratulations !

8 hours ago, Redrobot said:

Congrats on the IL! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
8 hours ago, Redrobot said:

Man I wish I could find a job that's willing to wait 😂 we have our interview dates on the same day!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.