Laud

Unusual FE note

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

We just recieved a confusong response from NVC:

Case FE Review note
12-JUL-2022 07:32:29 EDT

This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

My partner earns well above the minimum income requirement. As she started her job in March 2022 she couldn't evidence it on 2021 tax returns, so instead we submitted 6 recent payslips and her work contract.

Do we need to submit a further i1864 for joint sponsors? It says that the consular office will make a decision at interview. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

The only review note simply says "Documentarily Qualified" and the emails imply that I will recieve an interview soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is common

What they are saying is to get an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor to take with you to the interview, because they think most likely the CO will ask for one.

What did you use for current income? amount in the 2021 tax return? or current based on pay slips and work contract?

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

1 hour ago, etrangais said:

This is common

What they are saying is to get an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor to take with you to the interview, because they think most likely the CO will ask for one.

What did you use for current income? amount in the 2021 tax return? or current based on pay slips and work contract?

Ah ok, so we should prepare a hard copy but not upload anything. That's doable.

We used current income based on pay slips and work contract. She worked in the UK for all of 2018-2021 so had 0 qualifying income on tax returns.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, Laud said:

Hi all,

We just recieved a confusong response from NVC:

Case FE Review note
12-JUL-2022 07:32:29 EDT

This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p.

My partner earns well above the minimum income requirement. As she started her job in March 2022 she couldn't evidence it on 2021 tax returns, so instead we submitted 6 recent payslips and her work contract.

Do we need to submit a further i1864 for joint sponsors? It says that the consular office will make a decision at interview. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

The only review note simply says "Documentarily Qualified" and the emails imply that I will recieve an interview soon.

Did you send her 2021 US tax return?

A tax return is required with an I-864, even if it doesn’t show enough income to qualify. So if you did not submit a 2021 US tax return, they will disqualify her and not look at her evidence of current income and just move on to saying you need a joint sponsor. If she earned a salary in the UK, she should file a US return for those years. She won’t have any tax to pay by using the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555).  You do not need a joint sponsor.

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Did you send her 2021 US tax return?

A tax return is required with an I-864, even if it doesn’t show enough income to qualify. So if you did not submit a 2021 US tax return, they will disqualify her and not look at her evidence of current income and just move on to saying you need a joint sponsor. If she earned a salary in the UK, she should file a US return for those years. She won’t have any tax to pay by using the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (Form 2555).  You do not need a joint sponsor.

We did send the tax return, and the tax was how you described.

We then added additional evidence of income in the form of payslips and contract for the new job in the US.

In the messages, there were two notes.

1) one with the message in the OP

2) one that just said 'documentarily qualified' timestamped about a minute later

Do you think we need to take any further action oflr just relax and wait for the interview letter?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

You are DQ'd and the interview will be scheduled when available. By the time you would know the interview date, your partner will have additional payslips. May be a week or two before the interview date, upload a new i864 with new evidences of income so that the CO will have already seen it before you hand them over the hard copies. Having more payslips help for new jobs.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.