steltefis

W2 Requested from Foreign Employer

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

My spouses case got RFE, the confusion I am having is that I moved back to the USA for work, I started officially work Jan 1st, 2022. So on the AOS needed I used my Greek Salary (which covers the requested the poverty line by alot) to do my US taxes and use that transcript for the AOS as well as a employment letter from my US Employer which shows my salary moving forward which will be even more than my last year salary. 

What is the confusion is they asked for to submit all my W2 from 2021, in Greece they dont have W2s. I took my Greek Tax Transcript and my accountant in Las Vegas did my 2021 US taxes as a foreign based income. How do I submit W2s when they dont exist.

Also in the CEAC all the paperwork has been Accepted now, changed from Submitted (even the AOS).

Any help will be appreciated because I have no clue what to do from here.

Thanks,

S

Thank you for the reply

When I submitted everything, I had a cover letter on my US Transcript saying that exact thing also. Also the US Transcripts says it was foreign based income, which implies no W2s exist. 

Does a normal letter uploaded in additional documents push us back in line?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think you confused them, Greek salary would only be relevant if it was going to continue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

No, I expected a US Tax Transcript would be enough because my greek salary would be enough, my salary is even higher than my greek one. Its actually the same company also, its just and internal transfer promotion. Anyway ill see what to do and work it out. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.