Vickifree

ignore the joint sponsor RFE?

15 posts in this topic

I had a RFE stating joint sponsor maybe required which will be decided by a consular officer . 
The second RFE was provide petitioner’s evidence of income . 
My lawyer claims submitting just the joint sponsor is enough to be DQ and that there’s no need for Evidence of income . How true is that ? 

I am also seeing on here to ignore the joint sponsor RFE
I am very confused as to which one to go with ?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, Vickifree said:

I had a RFE stating joint sponsor maybe required which will be decided by a consular officer . 
My lawyer claims submitting just the joint sponsor is enough to be DQ and that there’s no need for Evidence of income . How true is that ? 

That is not a request for anything.  It's just a boilerplate message.  Depending on your actual circumstances, you can ignore the message.  Are you qualifying based on assets instead of income?  Please clarify.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Vickifree said:

Based on income not assets 

If the petitioner's income is actually sufficient, then you can ignore the message.  Usually this message is received because the income on the latest tax return is insufficient.  If your actual current income is clearly sufficient, ignore the message.

Have I correctly described your circumstances?  If not, then YOU provide enough detail for us to help you instead of having to speculate.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

5 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

If the petitioner's income is actually sufficient, then you can ignore the message.  Usually this message is received because the income on the latest tax return is insufficient.  If your actual current income is clearly sufficient, ignore the message.

Have I correctly described your circumstances?  If not, then YOU provide enough detail for us to help you instead of having to speculate.

ABF867B7-2D62-44A1-A81A-1962F1BDE2D6.thumb.png.60f4b03a6ceeae3dab52b694d478854f.png740EB61D-8EE0-42E8-97E3-EB9223C59B02.thumb.png.5c553c820b9c3aca27402930b24969a1.png

Timeline

The message is common, so we are familiar with the wording.  My question is about your actual circumstances that are causing you to get the message to begin with.  Is your actual income different from what is shown on your most recent tax return?  If so, why?  If not, why do you think they are saying your income isn't enough even though you clearly think it is.  With a clear answer to my question, I can advise you whether to ignore the message or not.

Also please mention the country from which your spouse is immigrating.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

44 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The message is common, so we are familiar with the wording.  My question is about your actual circumstances that are causing you to get the message to begin with.  Is your actual income different from what is shown on your most recent tax return?  If so, why?  If not, why do you think they are saying your income isn't enough even though you clearly think it is.  With a clear answer to my question, I can advise you whether to ignore the message or not.

Also please mention the country from which your spouse is immigrating.

I am immigrating from Liberia . My husband earns $1800plus  per week after taxes has been deducted . To the best of my knowledge I think his income is enough . Is my answer clear enough ?? 😊

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Vickifree said:

I am immigrating from Liberia . My husband earns $1800plus  per week after taxes has been deducted . To the best of my knowledge I think his income is enough . Is my answer clear enough ?? 😊

Yes, I think your answer is as clear as you can be.  It's really your husband that needs to be having this discussion though.  If it is a new job, not reflected on his last tax return, then I would advise him to ignore the message.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Yes, I think your answer is as clear as you can be.  It's really your husband that needs to be having this discussion though.  If it is a new job, not reflected on his last tax return, then I would advise him to ignore the message.

Then how come the lawyer is blabbing joint sponsor . Thank you for making it clear for me . I was really confused .  

I hope I get DQed soon . Fingers crossed 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Vickifree said:

Then how come the lawyer is blabbing joint sponsor . Thank you for making it clear for me . I was really confused .  

I don't know why the lawyer....  Your lawyer knows more about your circumstances than I do, but he may or may not know more about satisfying sponsorship requirements.  He MUST know the difference between "may" and "must" though.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
14 hours ago, Vickifree said:

As @pushbrk has said.. You must reply to both RFEs. 
Upload the petitioners payslips for RFE #2 

Line up a joint sponsor and get all the paperwork in hand.  The interviewing officer will decide if a joint sponsor is needed   If RFE#1 says to take the joint sponsor paperwork to the interview, then NVC should DQ the application when RFE#2 documents are uploaded online. The key in #1 is the word “may”… if you choose not to get a joint sponsor now, and the IO determines that one is needed, the approval of your visa will be delayed until you get one and they have the documents in hand. Getting one now is like a good insurance policy. We had to do this. .  

2 hours ago, Vickifree said:

These are the two RFE . The recent   tax return was insufficient .  But my petitioner’s current is more than sufficient .   
Will I be DQed if I ignore both RFE

If you have not been DQ'ed already you haven't been DQ'ed.

You need to upload proof of income. You can ignore the first RFE

If the sponsor did not make above the poverty guidelines they are required to upload proof of income. 

1 hour ago, Vickifree said:

You need to explain your circumstances better to get a correct answer. How many dependents is your spouse going to be supporting? Is his job new or has he had the same position for some time? How much income is reflected on his recent tax transcripts submitted. Probably easier to have your spouse discuss these things on here to get a clearer answer. But, my best guess based on what I’ve read would be that since your lawyer is telling you that you need a joint sponsor, your spouse is not meeting income requirement guidelines for the number of people he is supporting. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.