Sammiebabatunde

CR1 VISA STATUS DISPLAYING "READY" AFTER INTERVIEW

18 posts in this topic

Hi fam!  I recently had my Cr1 visa interview in Frankfurt and I was asked by the consular to provide a document and promised a visa would be issued after this. I did this and I checked the status of my application, it was initially displaying "Refused" for about 3 working days after submitting the required document, just today, it changed to "Ready" and asks me to prepare for my interview as though I never did one. I'm enquiring what this might imply and when likely they'd issue a visa and send my documents. Thanks! 

20220627_165203.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

The change means the document was added to your file and the case is ready for review by a Consular Officer (there is actually no time frame for that), but hopefully it will not take that long.

We are in the same boat, our case shows Ready, my wife had her interview more than a month ago and she was asked to provide additional documents.

The date was updated to date when they received the documents (23-May-2022) with a status of Ready.

No further action since then and we are still waiting

(They kept my wife's passport)

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Sammiebabatunde said:

Hi fam!  I recently had my Cr1 visa interview in Frankfurt and I was asked by the consular to provide a document and promised a visa would be issued after this. I did this and I checked the status of my application, it was initially displaying "Refused" for about 3 working days after submitting the required document, just today, it changed to "Ready" and asks me to prepare for my interview as though I never did one. I'm enquiring what this might imply and when likely they'd issue a visa and send my documents. Thanks! imageproxy.php?img=&key=da9b9b78549feebe

20220627_165203.jpg

We needed to provide one additional document also that I got and sent express a few days after the interview. They've had it for just over a week now and it still says Refused with a date before the received the document. The package tracking said it was delivered, but I have no idea if the office actually received it and are reviewing it. I hate the black hole nature of this process with almost no communication. 

Edited by ToddD
More info added.

1 minute ago, ToddD said:

We needed to provide one additional document also that I got and sent express a few days after the interview. They've had it for just over a week now and it still says Refused. The package tracking said it was delivered, but I have no idea if the office actually received it and are reviewing it. I hate the black hole nature of this process with almost no communication.

I apologize on their behalf!  You can contact the embassy and the delivery company. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Sammiebabatunde said:

I apologize on their behalf!  You can contact the embassy and the delivery company. 

We used this email address to ask, but it was just a canned response. We emailed on Friday and have not heard from anyone about receiving the document. 

Is this the correct email address to check on status of receiving our document? When we called, the recording said they will only accept email. 

Email to Montreal: montreal-iv-dv@state.gov 

Address we sent to per their instructions: 955 1re Avenue, Sainte-Catherine, Quebec J5C 1C5, Canada

Just now, ToddD said:

We used this email address to ask, but it was just a canned response. We emailed on Friday and have not heard from anyone about receiving the document. 

Is this the correct email address to check on status of receiving our document? When we called, the recording said they will only accept email. 

Address we sent to per their instructions: 955 1re Avenue, Sainte-Catherine, Quebec J5C 1C5, Canada

Ohhh I was actually asked to upload mine online. Probably because our case was transferred from Kyiv to Frankfurt due to the war. 

5 minutes ago, ilikepotatoes said:

May I ask what document they asked for? My husband is awaiting an interview. We couldn’t get a police clearance due to everything happening in Ukraine now. But we are concerned that they will still insist on one. 

It's the same Police Certificate. You can get the certificate online now. It takes just a few minutes to receive it. https://vytiah.mvs.gov.ua/app/landing

Edited by Sammiebabatunde

21 minutes ago, Sammiebabatunde said:

It's the same Police Certificate. You can get the certificate online now. It takes just a few minutes to receive it. https://vytiah.mvs.gov.ua/app/landing

Thank you for responding! What method did you use to get the clearance? The website is not working for us. It keeps saying error. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, ToddD said:

Montreal is notoriously slow for reviewing documents.  Just because the mail room received it, does not mean a CO has reviewed it.  Chances are it's gonna be at least a month.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that just seems to be how Montreal rolls.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
On 6/28/2022 at 7:17 AM, mam521 said:

Montreal is notoriously slow for reviewing documents.  Just because the mail room received it, does not mean a CO has reviewed it.  Chances are it's gonna be at least a month.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that just seems to be how Montreal rolls.  

Hi. Just yesterday the date changed, but still says Refused. I've heard that the stats might stay the same, but the date will be updated when there is progress? Seems like a good sign to me. Right? All they needed was my original divorce cert. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, ToddD said:

Hi. Just yesterday the date changed, but still says Refused. I've heard that the stats might stay the same, but the date will be updated when there is progress? Seems like a good sign to me. Right? All they needed was my original divorce cert. 

Yep, this is a good sign.  Usually it goes to refused then issued.  

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

2 minutes ago, mam521 said:

Yep, this is a good sign.  Usually it goes to refused then issued.  

Mine changed from "Refused" to "Ready" (That I'm ready for an interview) lol I just had one last week. The embassy keeps saying they received my document and that my case was sent to the consular for review and visa issuance. My friend that we left Ukraine together literally had his interview on Tuesday and his visa was up for collection yesterday. It's really stressful! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 hours ago, ToddD said:

The date changes every time somebody "touches" the file.

If this is the first time the date changed, it could mean that they received the document and it was added to the file, and now it is in the "queue" to be reviewed.

But, who knows? there is no visibility of the process once at the consulates.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.