16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 hours ago, MsSun said:

How long did it take to put your I130 and I130a packet together including filling out the forms and putting evidence together?

I've been thinking about the application and researching for months because we applied for K1 originally, but when things came down, it took solid 2-3 weeks of doing work.  

17 hours ago, MsSun said:

I understand that. Just wanted to hear some timelines

Took us about 2 years~? 

But, we were not sure about filing the I-130 and we decided to save evidence for the petition just in case we decided to file... 

Once we decided to file it took about 3 months to get our evidence together. But, we've been together for 2+ years... 

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
43 minutes ago, MRJ9987 said:

I've been thinking about the application and researching for months because we applied for K1 originally, but when things came down, it took solid 2-3 weeks of doing work.  

Thank you. That’s the timeline I was thinking of too because I will be in the states in a few weeks and will be putting the application together. Hoping to finish it before I leave

Timeline
43 minutes ago, ROK2USA said:

Took us about 2 years~? 

But, we were not sure about filing the I-130 and we decided to save evidence for the petition just in case we decided to file... 

Once we decided to file it took about 3 months to get our evidence together. But, we've been together for 2+ years... 

how long did it take to put your i130 packet together when you started?

29 minutes ago, MsSun said:

how long did it take to put your i130 packet together when you started?

We started saving evidence once we thought we might want to move to the US about 2 years ago... but once we decided to move to the US... it took about 4 months to make sure our package was good. 

Edited by ROK2USA

There is no good answer for this question.

A pack rat can complete this in a day because he will have so much info handy for evidence. (letting go of it is a different issue 😜)

A very methodic person could spend over a month dotting all 'i's and crossing all 't's.

As has already been stated it varies for everyone.

no passport, birth cert, marriage cert, missing boarding passes, etc - time to get or find them

not married - time to wait 🤪😝

As you plan to get married, start getting your docs in order. that way last item needed will be the marriage cert.

If already married, just work it the chance for doing some work in advance is gone

Edited by randy32

Timeline
8 minutes ago, randy32 said:

There is no good answer for this question.

A pack rat can complete this in a day because he will have so much info handy for evidence. (letting go of it is a different issue 😜)

A very methodic person could spend over a month dotting all 'i's and crossing all 't's.

As has already been stated it varies for everyone.

no passport, birth cert, marriage cert, missing boarding passes, etc - time to get or find them

not married - time to wait 🤪😝

As you plan to get married, start getting your docs in order. that way last item needed will be the marriage cert.

If already married, just work it the chance for doing some work in advance is gone

Yes I understand. I just wanted to hear experiences. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, MsSun said:

Thank you. That’s the timeline I was thinking of too because I will be in the states in a few weeks and will be putting the application together. Hoping to finish it before I leave

Yeah, my whole thing was I would rather take my time and do it right than get an RFE and lose weeks. It took forever to get all the affidavits (it was like herding cats) because we always lived separately and don't have lots of 'hard' marriage proof so that .  Evidence part (pictures and all that proof) took almost two weeks to put together.  

Edited by MRJ9987

Timeline
1 hour ago, MRJ9987 said:

Yeah, my whole thing was I would rather take my time and do it right than get an RFE and lose weeks. It took forever to get all the affidavits (it was like herding cats) because we always lived separately and don't have lots of 'hard' marriage proof so that .  Evidence part (pictures and all that proof) took almost two weeks to put together.  

Ok. May I ask what did you attach as evidence?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.