4thntr

Will K2 get a separate NVC case number?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

hi, our i129f is approved and i am waiting for email from NVC with case number. my fiancé has 2 children and i have listed them in my petition.

does anyone know if i will get separate NVC case numbers for my fiancé’s 2 children?
thank you.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Em&Jen said:

No they will all be under the same case number. When case is processed at the Embassy, there will be NVC case number and 001, 002 and 003 following the case number. You will still see the status for all entries using the NVC case number :)

thank you @Em&Jen

would you know if i will get separate invoice numbers? i understand i will need to pay separate fees, i134 and ds160.

maybe it will all be clear in the instructions when i receive, im just trying to be prepared.

thank you :)

Timeline
17 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

thank you @Em&Jen

would you know if i will get separate invoice numbers? i understand i will need to pay separate fees, i134 and ds160.

maybe it will all be clear in the instructions when i receive, im just trying to be prepared.

When your benefiaciary creates us travel docs account she will fill the information there. She needs to do separated DS-160 forms for all of them, and confirmation page numbers will be added to the us travel docs. Then when all information is there and children added to get visa application, you will get MRV fee slip where all their payments are combined. So all fees can be paid with the same MRV slip. You need to make separated 134 forms for each too :)

22 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

thank you @Em&Jen

Oh and I forgot to add, you dont need NVC invoice numbers at any point of the process :)

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Em&Jen said:

When your benefiaciary creates us travel docs account she will fill the information there. She needs to do separated DS-160 forms for all of them, and confirmation page numbers will be added to the us travel docs. Then when all information is there and children added to get visa application, you will get MRV fee slip where all their payments are combined. So all fees can be paid with the same MRV slip. You need to make separated 134 forms for each too :)

Oh and I forgot to add, you dont need NVC invoice numbers at any point of the process :)

ok, so i don’t need to pay the the nvc invoice? we need only one travel docs account? all 3 ds160s can be done in the same account?

thank you for this valuable information! :)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

ok, so i don’t need to pay the the nvc invoice? we need only one travel docs account? all 3 ds160s can be done in the same account?

thank you for this valuable information! :)

There is no fee for NVC with K1, but there is the MRV fee you pay for the Embassy. I created 3 separated DS-160 forms, to be honest I thought it was too much of a headache to figure how to do that family form :'D DS-160 does not need any account :)

~~ Topic moved from K1 Progress Reports to Process ~~

NVC does not send out an email informing you of your case number. You will have to contact them and find out that information. It will be  One case number.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, powerpuff said:

NVC does not send out an email informing you of your case number. You will have to contact them and find out that information. It will be  One case number.

they recently suspended their phone contact. ok, i will submit using their public inquiry form.

21 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

they recently suspended their phone contact. ok, i will submit using their public inquiry form.

Yes, they will take a while to answer. You can find current response timeframes for NVC here:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

Timeline
1 hour ago, powerpuff said:

We got an email from the NVC when the case was sent to the embassy. This email contained the PDF letter informing our case have been sent to the embassy and included the case number.

Just now, Em&Jen said:

We got an email from the NVC when the case was sent to the embassy. This email contained the PDF letter informing our case have been sent to the embassy and included the case number.

Yes, I’m aware. They send that to everyone. They don’t however send you an email when they receive your case form USCIS and assign you a case number. That you have to reach out and find out.

Timeline
4 hours ago, powerpuff said:

Yes, I’m aware. They send that to everyone. They don’t however send you an email when they receive your case form USCIS and assign you a case number. That you have to reach out and find out.

Well to be honest that information is not very important before they send it :)

Sure I called them and got the case number, because I was impatient and it is helping with mental stress during the waiting to see something is happening, so I understand that mental need :)

But there is plenty of time to do DS-160 and create US travel docs account and book the medical, even you get that case number from the emai when case is in transit.

Also I noticed myself and many others, that gaining this invoice number your only option is to contact NVC, because that is not included the letter, but the invoice number is irrelevant for the K1 process and DS-160, and in my opinion just confusing the K1/K2 applicants. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.