31 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, Enelram said:

Yeah I had asked an immigration lawyer and he said it was 18 months so I asked him a clarifying question: "is it for the whole process that it takes 18 months?" Then he asked me if I would like him to follow up with my case ...so I'm thinking he's just trying to charge me because I've never heard of following up on a case unless he has some type of connect which just sounds suspicious.

Any who I've been waiting since the beginning of February so crossing my fingers to hear something in the upcoming months

thanks for replying!

I just recently spoke with someone and they said they are scheduling people for interviews that are DQ as of March 2022 and April 2022. Im sure he meant around 18 months for the whole process. That is what my lawyer told us. Up to two years at the most, god willing

Edited by Ctavarez90

24 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

I just recently spoke with someone and they said they are scheduling people for interviews that are DQ as of March 2022 and April 2022. Im sure he meant around 18 months for the whole process. That is what my lawyer told us. Up to two years at the most, god willing

Oh wow , my case still hasn't even been sent to the embassy. It's still at NVC since they approved all documents in February 2022.

Do you mind telling what is DQ?

55 minutes ago, Enelram said:

Oh wow , my case still hasn't even been sent to the embassy. It's still at NVC since they approved all documents in February 2022.

Do you mind telling what is DQ?

When the NVC says that you are document qualified. If you haven’t heard anything I would reach out to the NVC or something not exactly sure. Did you do your petition through an attorney or on your own?

filed - Dec 2020

petitioner local - Atlanta, GA

service center - Potomac

beneficiary's country - India (Mumbai consulate)

130 approved - Sep 2021

NVC account created - Oct 2021

NVC documents submitted - Oct 2021

Document Qualified - Apr 2022

now waiting for Interview...

expedite petition (undergoing shoulder surgery, and also a new born now stuck in India) but got expedite req declined - May 2022

can someone please shed some light. how long is the wait in Mumbai/India

my wife and my baby now in India with uncertainty

1 hour ago, Ctavarez90 said:

When the NVC says that you are document qualified. If you haven’t heard anything I would reach out to the NVC or something not exactly sure. Did you do your petition through an attorney or on your own?

Ah ok, so it became document qualified in February 2022

I had a lawyer do the initial application the i-130. But I ended up doing the remaining parts, which they looked over for me before I submitted the documents. But yeah I guess it's just a waiting game

just full of anxiety lol

30 minutes ago, Enelram said:

Ah ok, so it became document qualified in February 2022

I had a lawyer do the initial application the i-130. But I ended up doing the remaining parts, which they looked over for me before I submitted the documents. But yeah I guess it's just a waiting game

just full of anxiety lol

Oh I completely understand. Im hoping my petition gets approved within the next few weeks. Please keep me updated on your process

Hi! I just recently got my interview, US embassy being in the Dominican Republic as well. 

I got DQ'd April 20th, 2022, and interview letter was sent out June 15th,  so almost 2 months out. 

I've seen in the DR embassy, they're going through Feb 2022 to April 2022 DQ'd.

17 minutes ago, prtzelle said:

Hi! I just recently got my interview, US embassy being in the Dominican Republic as well. 

I got DQ'd April 20th, 2022, and interview letter was sent out June 15th,  so almost 2 months out. 

I am REALLY hoping that my petition gets approved within the next few weeks or at the most two months. Im so ready to move to the NVC stage of the process. Im so stressed and full of anxiety

18 minutes ago, prtzelle said:

Also did you receive your interview letter through email or paper mail?

2 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Also did you receive your interview letter through email or paper mail?

I received via email. We did everything online!

I think you should be getting yours soon based on when you sent! (I looked at your timeline). I know it's a very stressful situation :( My recommendation is that you start preparing for the NVC so the minute that you get it, you can pay all the fees and submit all the documentation right away! Do you guys have all of that set up? Wishing you all the luck!!

I've included the official timeline from the moment we got DQ'd. 

• CR1
  • DQ'd - April 20th
  • Interview Letter - June 15th
  • Interview Date - August 23th 

36 minutes ago, prtzelle said:

I received via email. We did everything online!

I think you should be getting yours soon based on when you sent! (I looked at your timeline). I know it's a very stressful situation :( My recommendation is that you start preparing for the NVC so the minute that you get it, you can pay all the fees and submit all the documentation right away! Do you guys have all of that set up? Wishing you all the luck!!

I've included the official timeline from the moment we got DQ'd. 

• CR1
  • DQ'd - April 20th
  • Interview Letter - June 15th
  • Interview Date - August 23th 

Yes I have everything I need for my part. I am waiting to tell my joint sponsor what documents to get ready because my lawyer said to wait until I get my approval before I tell them. (My joint sponsor is very organized so having all of this stuff will not be a problem for them) my lawyer said once my case is approved then they will let me know what all I need so that way I have everything all at one time to send them. I really hope I get my approval soon. What part of DR does your spouse live in by the way?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, prtzelle said:

visawhen is also showing that Consulate is about 2.8 months behind.

28 minutes ago, Troy B said:

visawhen is also showing that Consulate is about 2.8 months behind.

That’s good to know. Fingers crossed we get our approvals soon 

5 hours ago, Ctavarez90 said:

Oh I completely understand. Im hoping my petition gets approved within the next few weeks. Please keep me updated on your process

Of course :)

Thank you for responding

1 hour ago, prtzelle said:

Oh wow thank you for this insight

this gives me hope ! :D

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.