Mike20090622

Why do I keep getting the message "There are currently no appointments available" (merged)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I checked just now and there are open spots starting December 12th. I've only seen this error message with tourist visas; did you select K1 and non-resident queue? You should only be able to see the scheduler after paying $160, did you pay that?

Edit: Russian fiancee is non-resident queue unless they have a Karta Pobytu (not Polaka).

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

3 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Why I get this message for Warsaw interview ? No any open spots? Also I should choose resident or non resident for visa priority and my fiancée is Russian?

It is only in Russian. It says that applicants who are not Polish or perminent residents for all visas except for B1/B2 visas must apply as "regular".

Screenshot_20220517-084925.png

Edited by AlIu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, slavaskii said:

I checked just now and there are open spots starting December 12th. I've only seen this error message with tourist visas; did you select K1 and non-resident queue? You should only be able to see the scheduler after paying $160, did you pay that?

Edit: Russian fiancee is non-resident queue unless they have a Karta Pobytu (not Polaka).

I paid 816.77$ for my fiancée and her two daughters, I paid using my credit card and it still says pending, but I have the receipt number, maybe it will take time? Also if we set up a interview date in December, can we change it if there is some early open spots? Also if we call the support center to book the interview date and is there a difference?

Timeline

I just called Poland embassy and he said I need wait for NVC for the invitation letter and my case status letter says ready, this guy doesn’t even know what is package 3, available interviews dates starting from December 12? That’s terrible, 7 months waiting? 

Edited by Mike20090622

31 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

I just called Poland embassy and he said I need wait for NVC for the invitation letter and my case status letter says ready, this guy doesn’t even know what is package 3, available interviews dates starting from December 12? That’s terrible, 7 months waiting? 

Translate you that screenshot! 

An applicant who is a citizen or resident of Poland must select the “regular” category. For B1/B2 visa interviews only, an applicant who is not a citizen or resident of Poland must select the “non-resident” category. For all interviews other than the B1/B2 visa interview, applicants, including non-citizens and non-residents of Poland, must choose a “regular” interview.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

They recently redid the scheduler and it may automatically check if you have the invitation letter and DS-160. That’s my only explanation for why it says there’s no appointments; you picked Warsaw too, correct? 

Also, VJ calls Packet 3 “Packet 3” out of convenience but I’m not entirely sure it’s the official term. But to answer your former question, yes, if 3 people cancel their interview appointments for the same slot (the same number as your fiancee’s party), you can switch to the earlier spot. Where is she now? I’m going to say that I’ve followed the calendar religiously and have never seen such a thing, and I’m curious if she can somehow secure residency somewhere else.

3 hours ago, AlIu said:

Translate you that screenshot! 

An applicant who is a citizen or resident of Poland must select the “regular” category. For B1/B2 visa interviews only, an applicant who is not a citizen or resident of Poland must select the “non-resident” category. For all interviews other than the B1/B2 visa interview, applicants, including non-citizens and non-residents of Poland, must choose a “regular” interview.

I think this paragraph is just worded confusingly. Scheduling was highly straightforward. It asked me what type of visa, what category, what location (Warsaw/Krakow), if my fiancée was a resident or not, pick-up location, and money. Tourist interview was nearly identical, except it asked questions to gauge your ability to renew an old visa.

Perhaps it’s just an over-complicated way to say only citizens/residents should go to the citizen/resident queue.

TLDR: There is a “regular” queue but it is literally just citizen/resident. You still have to pick non-resident if you don’t have at least a Karta Pobtyu.

Edited by slavaskii

Timeline
16 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

They recently redid the scheduler and it may automatically check if you have the invitation letter and DS-160. That’s my only explanation for why it says there’s no appointments; you picked Warsaw too, correct? 

Also, VJ calls Packet 3 “Packet 3” out of convenience but I’m not entirely sure it’s the official term. But to answer your former question, yes, if 3 people cancel their interview appointments for the same slot (the same number as your fiancee’s party), you can switch to the earlier spot. Where is she now? I’m going to say that I’ve followed the calendar religiously and have never seen such a thing, and I’m curious if she can somehow secure residency somewhere else.

I think this paragraph is just worded confusingly. Scheduling was highly straightforward. It asked me what type of visa, what category, what location (Warsaw/Krakow), if my fiancée was a resident or not, pick-up location, and money. Tourist interview was nearly identical, except it asked questions to gauge your ability to renew an old visa.

Perhaps it’s just an over-complicated way to say only citizens/residents should go to the citizen/resident queue.

TLDR: There is a “regular” queue but it is literally just citizen/resident. You still have to pick non-resident if you don’t have at least a Karta Pobtyu.

Who will send the invitation letter? NVC or the embassy? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mike20090622 said:

Who will send the invitation letter? NVC or the embassy? 

Ours came from “ImmigrantVisaWarsaw,” which I presume is the Embassy. NVC sent us the notification that the packet left; these were two separate addresses.

1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

If you go to Vinsky Forum you will see that Russians managed to schedule as "residents" even for B1/B2 visas and got approved. I think this texts says clearly "for K1 visa schedule as "resident". But it is better to wait for months with Russians applting fotr tourist visas!

Timeline
28 minutes ago, AlIu said:

If you go to Vinsky Forum you will see that Russians managed to schedule as "residents" even for B1/B2 visas and got approved. I think this texts says clearly "for K1 visa schedule as "resident". But it is better to wait for months with Russians applting fotr tourist visas!

Warsaw should deny your application if you do this. I follow Vinsky forums too but they've been notorious for bad information. There was someone claiming they got a B2 renewed in Romania last year and it caused tons of confusion and lost money with people trying to repeat the trip. 

The schedulers are different for K1 and tourist visas. If you select the non-resident tourist visa queue, it's December 2023. The resident B2 queue is October 2022. The K1 interview queue is December 2022 and August (iirc) 2022, respectively. There is absolutely no reason why the calendars would be different if they weren't for different things.

The official is supposed to check your documents when you arrive to the interview. I encourage others to chime in on this, but I can nearly 100% guarantee you need to still select non-resident queue. 

Edit: I've confirmed basically what I said above. The link originally posted comes from here, which is specifically for non-immigrant visas (wizy nieimigracyjne). The K1 is grouped as Immigrant for the purposes of interviews, this is confirmed by TravelDocs and the Embassy itself. I presume that if you wanted a non-immigrant visa outside of tourist, this text is telling you to group yourself with the resident queue (which makes sense, as those are more time-sensitive). This information has no bearing on immigrant visas and I have never seen it repeated anywhere else.

Edited by slavaskii

Timeline
4 hours ago, slavaskii said:

Ours came from “ImmigrantVisaWarsaw,” which I presume is the Embassy. NVC sent us the notification that the packet left; these were two separate addresses.

How long you wait for you to get the invitation letter from the embassy since your case status are ready? I called Warsaw embassy and he said NVC should send the letter and I get through with NVC after two hours waiting and she said NVC only transfer the case to the embassy nothing else.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

How long you wait for you to get the invitation letter from the embassy since your case status are ready? I called Warsaw embassy and he said NVC should send the letter and I get through with NVC after two hours waiting and she said NVC only transfer the case to the embassy nothing else.

Ours came very quickly from Warsaw, I don't recall how many weeks but I want to say 2-3. I contacted many applicants beforehand and most, if not all, waited much longer. One applicant was told that, after six weeks without the letter, there was an email you could write to for an inquiry and they'd get it out to you. 

For K-1, NVC will only notify you when your packet's been shipped out. From there, you wait on 'Ready' status until Warsaw sends you the 'Packet 3' over email, containing the I-129F (PDF), IMBRA form, general instructions, and medical information. So far, nothing has been sent to our physical address and I don't think anything will, so don't worry about your fiancee's address in Belgorod being problematic.

I'm sorry the process is very confusing, this is largely a product of K-1 being technically both immigrant and non-immigrant and thus not easily falling under many guidelines on the website. I wish we had more filers updating us here, as sadly people tend to go dark once they have their appointments. 

Edited by slavaskii

Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Ours came very quickly from Warsaw, I don't recall how many weeks but I want to say 2-3. I contacted many applicants beforehand and most, if not all, waited much longer. One applicant was told that, after six weeks without the letter, there was an email you could write to for an inquiry and they'd get it out to you. 

For K-1, NVC will only notify you when your packet's been shipped out. From there, you wait on 'Ready' status until Warsaw sends you the 'Packet 3' over email, containing the I-129F (PDF), IMBRA form, general instructions, and medical information. So far, nothing has been sent to our physical address and I don't think anything will, so don't worry about your fiancee's address in Belgorod being problematic.

I'm sorry the process is very confusing, this is largely a product of K-1 being technically both immigrant and non-immigrant and thus not easily falling under many guidelines on the website. I wish we had more filers updating us here, as sadly people tend to go dark once they have their appointments. 

Thank you very much 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Day 17 from my case status become ready, I still didn’t receive welcome letter or instructions from anywhere but looks like I can access the calendar, but it says the first available interviews date is June 6 which we definitely can’t make without the medical examination, also when I check other availability of interviews dates and none of them are available even in year 2023 and 2024, anybody have a different views or you didn’t see any open spots even in 2023? This doesn’t make sense 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.