BearAndKoala

Need Help Planning

6 posts in this topic

First post here, I need some help with planning our next steps.

My fiancé and I are finally getting our application sent to the embassy in Manila after a year sitting at the NVC. It's now marked as Ready. Now we're getting our DS-160 and I-134 finished, which shouldn't take long. What we need help with is what to plan for next. (We are both unmarried, no previous marriages, no criminal records, no military history, no prior trips to the US, no residences in any other country except the US for me and the Philippines for her, no children whatsoever, no previous visa applications.)

1. We'd like to schedule her medical exam and visa interview within the same week so she doesn't have to keep traveling from Panay to Manila, but after searching through all the posts here I'm gathering that it might not be that simple?

2. We're having a ridiculous time figuring out exactly what documents she needs to bring to the interview/exam. Of course the official website isn't helpful whatsoever. Can anyone list them for us?

3. What are the steps we have to take after the interview? I'm reading about this CFO that's got us scared now, what other nightmares are waiting for us?

I know I'm asking for basically every detailed step from where we are and onward, but I'm sure you can all sympathize, having gone through or still going through this process. Thank you all so much in advance, we are so stressed out and eager to get through this.

I suggest hopping to Facebook and join group/s for K1 Philippines.  They have a big group/s there to help you with each step for SLEC/USEM processing.  You can join a group chat to help you with 'watching for interview slots' and then plan your medical few days before that.  I do not know which one is the best group as am at spousal, but I have heard from my group, stories from other group chats they encountered.  Am sure you can find a group chat there that will take you in.  

23 hours ago, BearAndKoala said:

I need some help with planning our next steps.

Check the thread below for details on the next steps after a K1 case is transferred to USEM, especially the informative posts by @hunny&me --

Thank you for all the help!

New question: I've been looking for solid information on how/where to file my I-134, but of course everything is confusing. The USCIS website says "it depends", other sources say "you don't file it, you only send the original packet to your fiancé to take to the interview." And something about it needing to be notarized? Someone please clear this up 😅

6 minutes ago, BearAndKoala said:

I've been looking for solid information on how/where to file my I-134

For K1, you don't file the I-134 with USCIS.  The K1 beneficiary brings the I-134 to the visa interview.  No need to be notarized.  Just fill out and sign, then scan and email to the K1 beneficiary.  Print-out of the scan is fine for the interview at USEM.

15 minutes ago, Chancy said:

For K1, you don't file the I-134 with USCIS.  The K1 beneficiary brings the I-134 to the visa interview.  No need to be notarized.  Just fill out and sign, then scan and email to the K1 beneficiary.  Print-out of the scan is fine for the interview at USEM.

You're all such heroes, thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.