23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Majorly confused over here. I’ve been in contact with some other K1 visa applicants who are also bringing over Dutch fiancé/fiancées and it seems that somehow..me(I’m American) and my fiancé(Dutch) made an interview appointment and got all our documents together based on links and information we found online at travel.state.gov and CEAC’s website and some ais website that was buried in the Amsterdam Consulate. 

When we tracked our case from the NVC the visa was “READY” and at consulate(I called them) so we took that as an okay to schedule an interview. They said wait for an email. He got an email from the NVC confirming the application was at the consulate. Edit- So we thought “this is the email! Ah ha!” When we applied for an interview and logged in to the ais site only one date was available edit: May 17. This is the only date available for about 6 months out. It seems like it’s just assigned?

anyway. We never received instructions for how to make the medical appointment. We have everything else in the checklist. Appointment schedule page, DS-160, police report, I-864, passport photos. 

to hear some of the other applicants tell it, we are supposed to have received a packet 3 that tells us to send the DS-160 to someplace? I don’t know. 

All I know is we have everything and received an email just now with a listing documents for our interview and a link to make the interview (which we somehow already made a week ago). Very very confused. Did we skip P3? Did we just never receive it? Was this email P3 or P4?

Edited by KingCopperbeard
Clarity

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

that is the instructions for the interview / drs should be listed online or in that email

u need the instructions to take to dr to show you are ok to get medical and interview

I 864 is for CR1

the USC should do a I 134 and send the immigrant the original and the latest IRS transcripts for the interview

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

that is the instructions for the interview / drs should be listed online or in that email

u need the instructions to take to dr to show you are ok to get medical and interview

I 864 is for CR1

the USC should do a I 134 and send the immigrant the original and the latest IRS transcripts for the interview

Thank you! We got one email just now, again. That said we needed the I-134. The first email said I-864! I’m going to fix that now. Still no information in either email about the doctor but I googled and found an address I hope. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, KingCopperbeard said:

Thank you! We got one email just now, again. That said we needed the I-134. The first email said I-864! I’m going to fix that now. Still no information in either email about the doctor but I googled and found an address I hope. 

U submitted the petition after 2019 so the following is the only  doctor of record

U are right the embassy site makes a person hunt and does not separate K1 and CR1 /info on this site is  poorly done

DR R.L.P Ritz
Tesselschadestraat 4
1054ET Amsterdam
visaforusa@de-dokter.nl

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

U submitted the petition after 2019 so the following is the only  doctor of record

U are right the embassy site makes a person hunt and does not separate K1 and CR1 /info on this site is  poorly done

DR R.L.P Ritz
Tesselschadestraat 4
1054ET Amsterdam
visaforusa@de-dokter.nl

Thank you! And yeah. It’s not even this site that’s the issue. The correspondence from the consulate is with forms dated from 2019. I think our P3 is an actual person though, because it’s not so copy/paste sounding. Thank you again for the doctor information. I have..4 others I found but they only do CR-1 apparently. 

They hide the k1 doctor from you until you send them the DS-160 confirmation page. We were just told since our interview is tomorrow they’ll just take the page in person and give us the medical information then. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just commenting to stay up to date with this! We're April 2021 filers, hoping to get an approval soon! I'm also going to be interviewing at the Amsterdam Consulate;  so it would be nice to see how you're going about everything. Wishing you good luck!

Timeline
3 hours ago, brainilio said:

Just commenting to stay up to date with this! We're April 2021 filers, hoping to get an approval soon! I'm also going to be interviewing at the Amsterdam Consulate;  so it would be nice to see how you're going about everything. Wishing you good luck!

Of course! Congratulations on the engagement and filing. This whole process is giving L(Dutch Fiance) and I(American fiancee) the runaround. Outside of the I-129F. That went fine. He's having the hardest time getting his vaccination record to the doctor. He had had his interview and passed. 

THE INTERVIEW W/O MEDICAL RECEIVED YET
It's just one window so you get to tell your story in front of everyone else but it was extremely no pressure. The interviewer was warm and sparkly. Interested in him and me and how we met. When we last saw each other. She joked around with him. L says he went in expecting a tense hospital atmosphere but instead it felt like a normal doctor appointment waiting room. Everyone was talking about what they were there for and how it was going.

He passed...but with the condition we have to wait until the doctor exam results get to the consulate. His appointment is June 14th.

WHAT THE AMS CONSULATE TOLD US ABOUT WHAT TO DO NEXT
They send L instructions for how to courier his passport to them.
Then he couriers it. He is not allowed to just drive up to Amsterdam and hand it to them, himself or mail it. He asked. They said we HAD to use the courier service.
We wait until they figure out how to stamp a passport. This can take 2-4 days, it looks like. Possibly as much as 30-60 based on their websites current "Administrative processing" timeline.
and then they have to courier the passport back to him...
and then. Only THEN. Do we get to finally book the flight that brings him to me. 

Right now we have been held up two weeks, waiting on the government to release L's vaccination record to the doctor for his June 14th appointment. Looking like a July entry date at the soonest.

I have been absolutely shafted at every turn of this visa after the Form I-129F acceptance and had to be the squeaky wheel at the NVC and the Consulate to make sure things were moving and get status updates. At one point they misplaced our petition. At another time they just held it back to include in the next shipment and blamed it on the consulate while the consulate blamed the NVC. At another point it was lost in transit. Sometimes, when phone calling these agencies, I got apathetic lowlives with little information to give other than "Wait for the letter" or "Wait for the email".

...We also received our emails out of order and only received P3 because we had somehow managed to make an interview appointment first by getting P4. 

Anyway, we worked it out because sometimes I got really warm and helpful people who let me know about the process and what's going on behind the scenes..so if you have ANY questions at all, don't be afraid to hit me up.  Our situation with P3 and P4 is a weird one and shouldn't happen to you..but we were told it's completely normal right now to do the interview first and get the medical after due to backlogs.

Timeline
On 5/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, JeanneAdil said:

DR R.L.P Ritz
Tesselschadestraat 4
1054ET Amsterdam
visaforusa@de-dokter.nl

Forgot to mention. This email no longer links to the K1 Visa doctor. They changed which doctor does which doctor appointments. He does CR1's now only, it looks like.

Timeline
On 5/31/2022 at 11:42 PM, KingCopperbeard said:

Of course! Congratulations on the engagement and filing. This whole process is giving L(Dutch Fiance) and I(American fiancee) the runaround. Outside of the I-129F. That went fine. He's having the hardest time getting his vaccination record to the doctor. He had had his interview and passed. 

It's just one window so you get to tell your story in front of everyone else but it was extremely no pressure. The interviewer was warm and sparkly. Interested in him and me and how we met. When we last saw each other. She joked around with him. L says he went in expecting a tense hospital atmosphere but instead it felt like a normal doctor appointment waiting room. Everyone was talking about what they were there for and how it was going.

He passed...but with the condition we have to wait until the doctor exam results get to the consulate. His appointment is June 14th.

Then he couriers it. He is not allowed to just drive up to Amsterdam and hand it to them, himself or mail it. He asked. They said we HAD to use the courier service.
We wait until they figure out how to stamp a passport. This can take 2-4 days, it looks like. Possibly as much as 30-60 based on their websites current "Administrative processing" timeline.
and then. Only THEN. Do we get to finally book the flight that brings him to me. 

Right now we have been held up two weeks, waiting on the government to release L's vaccination record to the doctor for his June 14th appointment. Looking like a July entry date at the soonest.

I have been absolutely shafted at every turn of this visa after the Form I-129F acceptance and had to be the squeaky wheel at the NVC and the Consulate to make sure things were moving and get status updates. At one point they misplaced our petition. At another time they just held it back to include in the next shipment and blamed it on the consulate while the consulate blamed the NVC. At another point it was lost in transit. Sometimes, when phone calling these agencies, I got apathetic lowlives with little information to give other than "Wait for the letter" or "Wait for the email".

...We also received our emails out of order and only received P3 because we had somehow managed to make an interview appointment first by getting P4. 

Anyway, we worked it out because sometimes I got really warm and helpful people who let me know about the process and what's going on behind the scenes..so if you have ANY questions at all, don't be afraid to hit me up.  Our situation with P3 and P4 is a weird one and shouldn't happen to you..but we were told it's completely normal right now to do the interview first and get the medical after due to backlogs.

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about the long process! I remember doing my J1 interview and it didn't take longer than a week to receive my passport with my j1 visa, so I don't think there should be any worries on that front. I know that the people are super sweet there! And guess what? I GOT APPROVED TODAY!!! So I'm next in line hahah. So did you start planning everything (scheduling interview, ds-160 + scheduling medical) when the ceac site said "case ready" or did you wait till you received a welcome letter from the embassy? I have my fingers crossed for you guys!

Timeline
On 6/3/2022 at 3:23 PM, brainilio said:

Oh man, I'm really sorry to hear about the long process! I remember doing my J1 interview and it didn't take longer than a week to receive my passport with my j1 visa, so I don't think there should be any worries on that front. I know that the people are super sweet there! And guess what? I GOT APPROVED TODAY!!! So I'm next in line hahah. So did you start planning everything (scheduling interview, ds-160 + scheduling medical) when the ceac site said "case ready" or did you wait till you received a welcome letter from the embassy? I have my fingers crossed for you guys!

I'm grateful for your support and happy for your acceptance! YOU'RE FREEEEEEEE! I(A, the american. Very type A, too..) did start planning everything when the CEAC said "case ready". I had some stuff prepared beforehand too because I am that antsy.  

We never actually got a welcome letter from the embassy...we did get a letter asking us to make an interview though and that was a mistake on their part. Our stuff is all over the place as a result.

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2022 at 11:42 PM, KingCopperbeard said:

Hi! If you are happy to share, it would be helpful for me to know how your partner obtained his vaccination records? Did he contact his GP or the GGD, or was showing the ‘gele boek’ sufficient?  

Timeline
11 hours ago, Redrobot said:

Hi! If you are happy to share, it would be helpful for me to know how your partner obtained his vaccination records? Did he contact his GP or the GGD, or was showing the ‘gele boek’ sufficient?  

I'm still waiting for my case to be sent to Amsterdam, but have been preparing already. I have a combination of records:
1. Vaccinatieboekje from the RIVM (you can just ask them to send it to you)
2. Gele boek with some recent vaccines cause i didnt have them all (hep a/b, dktp, pneumo etc)
3. Covid vaccination records

I think you can also request these records at your GP office but i dunno

50 minutes ago, brainilio said:

I'm still waiting for my case to be sent to Amsterdam, but have been preparing already. I have a combination of records:
1. Vaccinatieboekje from the RIVM (you can just ask them to send it to you)
2. Gele boek with some recent vaccines cause i didnt have them all (hep a/b, dktp, pneumo etc)
3. Covid vaccination records

I think you can also request these records at your GP office but i dunno

Thanks so much for this!  I have the gele boekje, as I’ve lived in NL the past 17 years (am now a naturalised Dutch citizen) and all of my travel vaccines were up to date last time I visited the GGD. I have another appt with them next week as I’ve never had the flu shot. 

What is the difference between the yellow book and the vaccine file from RIVM? Is it just an official summary of the info already included in the yellow book, or something else?

I have had to fill in a subject access request to obtain proof of my childhood vaccines in the U.K… but not holding my breath there. I do know I had every vax offered, as we all did in those days at school! 😊

Covid vax evidence is the easy part!

Thanks again!

Edited by Redrobot

Timeline
Just now, Redrobot said:

Thanks so much for this!  I have the gele boekje, as I’ve lived in NL the past 17 years (am now a naturalised Dutch citizen) and all of my travel vaccines were up to date last time I visited the GGD. I have another appt with them next week as I’ve never had the flu shot. 

What is the difference between the yellow book and the vaccine file from RIVM? Is it just an official summary of the info already included in the yellow book, or something else?

I have had to fill in a subject access request to obtain proof of my childhood vaccines in the U.K… but not holding my breath there. I do know I had every vax offered, as we al did in those days at school! 😊

Covid vax evidence is the easy part!

Thanks again!

Cool! Ig the yellow book is just a little physical note-pad for the GGD. I lost mine a long time ago, but got a new one last month; so a bulk of my "physical data" is gone but still available at the RIVM. The RIVM has a digitalized record system containing all of your vaccines; so in essence it's the same, but the RIVM has it automated/tracked/digitalized and it can not be lost like a yellow book can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.