prok

N-400 Interview completed, but no decision yet

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi everyone, I need help here, I filed my n400 based on five years since my wife divorced me earlier. I had an interview and it went smoothly, I was handed a decision paper stating decision cannot be made. The IO told me that I shouldn’t bother that the decision will be made within 45days. Well, tomorrow will make it 45days, yet no updates on my n400 online status. It is still Interview Was Scheduled. Could someone explain what this means please?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 hours ago, prok said:

Hi everyone, I need help here, I filed my n400 based on five years since my wife divorced me earlier. I had an interview and it went smoothly, I was handed a decision paper stating decision cannot be made. The IO told me that I shouldn’t bother that the decision will be made within 45days. Well, tomorrow will make it 45days, yet no updates on my n400 online status. It is still Interview Was Scheduled. Could someone explain what this means please?

I am in your same boat brother, I applied back in June of 2021, went for interview January 14th of 2022 passed everything and was told decision couldn't be made also 5 year rule. Last week made 120 days and my status now says 22 days to make decision even though it is still stuck on Interview has been scheduled since December 

Timeline

What is really confusing is that I was told that the decision will be made within 45days, he was so certain that I shouldn’t get worked up, that within 45 days I will get a decision. It’s sad that I just made 45days today, and no decision yet, my online case status still says Interview Was Scheduled!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's pretty normal for it to take more then 45 days. He doesn't get the last review of your case. It goes to his supervisor and he does not know when his supervisor will get to review it so the 45 days is just wishful thinking. It does not mean anything bad will come because of the delay. It just means more waiting. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline
On 5/16/2022 at 2:08 PM, highHopes said:

I am in your same boat brother, I applied back in June of 2021, went for interview January 14th of 2022 passed everything and was told decision couldn't be made also 5 year rule. Last week made 120 days and my status now says 22 days to make decision even though it is still stuck on Interview has been scheduled since December 

Sorry to bother you again, is there any updates on your end? Mine is well over 45 days still no decision and no updates yet.

Timeline
20 hours ago, prok said:

Sorry to bother you again, is there any updates on your end? Mine is well over 45 days still no decision and no updates yet.

You are not bothering me at all, I think that's why we are all here. So far still no luck.  I haven't heard anything I am currently way passed the 120 days. My status still shows scheduled for interview but now the days has dropped to 12 days to make decision which I doubt that makes any difference. I am waiting for next month to see if I can make InfoPass but I am trying to let the days lapse to zero first at least.

Timeline
1 hour ago, highHopes said:

You are not bothering me at all, I think that's why we are all here. So far still no luck.  I haven't heard anything I am currently way passed the 120 days. My status still shows scheduled for interview but now the days has dropped to 12 days to make decision which I doubt that makes any difference. I am waiting for next month to see if I can make InfoPass but I am trying to let the days lapse to zero first at least.

Thanks for your timely response, mine still showing 6months to completion, but it’s sad they taking forever to complete their background check and come up with a decision. I wish you luck as mush as I wish my self same. Take care 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

@prok have you gotten any decision yet? I had called and am waiting for tier 2 officer to call me back. I went to my local office even though i knew they dont allow infopass anymore the security officer was actually very nice maybe becase he say my county badge. He tried calling officer who interviewed me to see if she can at least come give me an idea unfortunately she was not available or around.

My question to anyone who may know, those the priority date applies to the day you applied? And does that also carry over even after interview and you waiting decision?. I ask this because I know somewhere in thier policy they ask for at least 120 days to make a decision but when I mentioned that to the tier one officer he stated yes but I still could not inquire to expedite since my priority date is November. I interviewed back in January 13th so am literally 6 months passed due a decision.

Timeline

I had gotten a response from USCIS but no decision yet. They sent me a Notice of Intent to Deny, but as well gave me an opportunity to clarify what seems to be discrepancies. I figured there was misconception of details, so I replied to them clarified all what they said wasn’t well understood. They gave me RFE and gave 30 days to respond, I had to provide all within 24hrs I got the notice because I was traveling out the USA in 48hrs time to the time I got the notice. Bottom line, I am back in the country now, the RFE had been responded to but no decision yet. The 30days they gave me to respond just passed, so I am still waiting. I hope you hear from them soon, good luck 

Timeline
1 hour ago, prok said:

I had gotten a response from USCIS but no decision yet. They sent me a Notice of Intent to Deny, but as well gave me an opportunity to clarify what seems to be discrepancies. I figured there was misconception of details, so I replied to them clarified all what they said wasn’t well understood. They gave me RFE and gave 30 days to respond, I had to provide all within 24hrs I got the notice because I was traveling out the USA in 48hrs time to the time I got the notice. Bottom line, I am back in the country now, the RFE had been responded to but no decision yet. The 30days they gave me to respond just passed, so I am still waiting. I hope you hear from them soon, good luck 

Oh okay, I don't know what the delay is on mine honestly, I actually got my greencard back when I applied 2012 in weeks like quick but this is taking so long and am getting worried because I am all for if denial just inform me.dont drag and waste my time for. Months you know.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2022 at 8:36 AM, prok said:

Did they ask you to provide more evidence in ref for the authenticity of your previous marriage?

Timeline

Yes, the notice of intent to deny is for you to submit additional proofs to certify your situation. I am still waiting though, but am sure it will be approved in Jesus Christ Name. Amen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.