Embassy in Egypt interview times

209 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
2 hours ago, A AM said:

UPDATE!
just got this Email today.

Screenshot_139.png

When did you send this inquiry? I sent to the same email address 3 days ago.. and haven’t gotten a response. So, I’m still unsure if NVC has even received our petition from USCIS..☹️

UPDATE:: 
I just received the same email the our petition is at NVC,  it is the exact same email you received..

Edited by Mahmir
Update

Timeline
13 minutes ago, A AM said:

well at least you know its at NVC lol
i dont get it!  if its at NVC and they created the visa already so why they dont send me my case number in the respond!

I’m not sure either… I was wondering the same thing? Maybe because it wasn’t on the secure inquiry form?? 
or maybe it’s there but not created yet?????

Timeline
On 8/5/2022 at 10:20 AM, A AM said:

NOA 1 May 15 2021

NOA 2 June 20 2022

Hello! It seems I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you (NOA1 May 4, 2021; NOA2 May 24, 2022). On July 19th, I got an email from NVC with a letter addressed to my fiancé (attached in a PDF) explaining that the NVC received my approved petition and that it was being transferred to the US Embassy or Consulate in Cario, which could take several weeks. No word since, though. Just wanted to share my experience. Sounds like you might be getting that email in a few weeks? Hang in there!

PS a few days prior to receiving the letter, I chatted with a live agent via Emma--they had no record of it being sent to NVC yet

Timeline
4 hours ago, M&HH said:

Hello! It seems I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you (NOA1 May 4, 2021; NOA2 May 24, 2022). On July 19th, I got an email from NVC with a letter addressed to my fiancé (attached in a PDF) explaining that the NVC received my approved petition and that it was being transferred to the US Embassy or Consulate in Cario, which could take several weeks. No word since, though. Just wanted to share my experience. Sounds like you might be getting that email in a few weeks? Hang in there!

PS a few days prior to receiving the letter, I chatted with a live agent via Emma--they had no record of it being sent to NVC yet

We are NOA1 May 10, 2021; NOA2 June 16, 2022… I called USCIS on August 2nd  to see if our approved petition had been transferred to NVC yet, and all the agent would say is it can take up to 90 days and she couldn’t see when or if it was sent.  

so I sent an email to NVC research on August 5th and they responded that it had been received and will send the case number soon. So fingers crossed 🤞 that we get the in transit email next week!  Would you keep us updated on your progress with the Embassy and timelines? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Mahmir said:

We are NOA1 May 10, 2021; NOA2 June 16, 2022… I called USCIS on August 2nd  to see if our approved petition had been transferred to NVC yet, and all the agent would say is it can take up to 90 days and she couldn’t see when or if it was sent.  

so I sent an email to NVC research on August 5th and they responded that it had been received and will send the case number soon. So fingers crossed 🤞 that we get the in transit email next week!  Would you keep us updated on your progress with the Embassy and timelines? 

Yep--that conversation sounds just like my live agent chat! At least you've since confirmed it's arrival. Definitely seems like the transit email is coming soon! I will certainly keep you updated when things progress

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
2 hours ago, A AM said:

Hello guys!

nobody heard from NVC? Almost 2 months from NOA2 and still nothing 🥺

this embassy is suck

Sadly, no we didn’t hear from them. There was one person I seen on here that had a NOA2 of June 16 that got their case number and is in transit…  yup, we are at 62 days now, I can’t find anywhere that Cairo is backlogged…. So this leads me to believe it was USCIS who took FOREVER to send our the cases to NVC… 

Timeline
8 hours ago, A AM said:

It’s like always we just have to wait and wait… stupid system from USCIS to nvc to even the embassy…

but we don’t have other options just patient.

i hope we gonna be on Aug 30…

I hope so too!! 🤞🤞🤞

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Congrats @Mahmir and @A AM! Be sure to email the US Embassy in Cairo (cairoiv@state.gov) once your status is "Ready" in CEAC for Packet 3 instructions. I was under the impression they would reach out to us when they were ready to move forward.... but that is not the case haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.