K_&_A

Embassy in Egypt interview times

209 posts in this topic

On 1/16/2023 at 3:41 PM, M&HH said:

Here's the Packet 3 instructions I received:

Please prepare the following documents for each person applying for a visa and send them to our office via courier service:

1.       Photocopy of passport (the original to be submitted on the appointment date)

2.       Photocopy of bilingual birth certificate

3.       A copy of your bilingual divorce certificate (If previously married and divorced)

4.       Police certificate from your country of nationality if you are 16 years old or older

5.       Police certificate if you lived in a different country for more than 12 months and you were 16 years or older at that time.

6.       Copy of CIB Receipt.

7.       An Affidavit of Support (Form I-134) signed by the Petitioner.

8.       Petitioner’s most recent year of federal income taxes (form 1040 only).  Please also bring the most recent W2 form and a job letter indicating current salary and length of employment

9.       Medical exam for applicant as attached, medical examination report should be submitted on the day of the visa interview. Applicants are advised to schedule their medical examination 3weeks prior to the date of their visa interview.

10.  Applications: DS-160 application online application form: https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/, please print the confirmation page and send it along with the documents.

11.  Photograph: Please ensure your passport photo conforms to the following requirements. We will be unable to process your case without a

photo that meets these standards:

• Hairline showing
  • Taken within the last 6 months
  • Colored photo (no black & white)
  • White/light background
  • Full face towards the camera
  • No colored eye contacts
  • 5 cm x 5 cm
  • No eyeglasses

Birth/ Death /Marriage or Divorce certificates

Thanks , could you tell me the instructions for Packet 4 . I got my Case Number yesterday.

The packet 3 says "...and send them to our office via courier service:" but it doesn't exactly say which specific courier service. The email specifies passport retrieval via SLS so unless I missed it somewhere, do we assume to send the packet 3 via SLS as well? Meaning we should drop off the packet 3 documents at SLS in Dokki? It sounds like that might be what some of the folks here did? If so, do they provide a tracking number so that we can be notified when the embassy receives the packet or something like this?

Another question... will the SLS confirmation page only appear after the CIB receipt number is entered or interview is scheduled?

Last one... packet 3 says "Copy of CIB Receipt." I just want to make sure that I'm understanding correctly that they expect us to print the deposit slip, go pay the fee and then submit the receipt with the packet 3. I thought I read somewhere that the CIB fee is paid during the packet 4 stage so if someone could provide some clarity here, I would be really grateful!

The instructions are not very detailed and I worry about doing something incorrectly 😢 so I appreciate the help ❤️

Edited by Jo_Ha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Jo_Ha said:

Meaning we should drop off the packet 3 documents at SLS in Dokki?

Yes, definitely send through SLS. You will get a number on the receipt to track online, but it seemed to lag.

33 minutes ago, Jo_Ha said:

will the SLS confirmation page only appear after the CIB receipt number is entered or interview is scheduled?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this question.

44 minutes ago, Jo_Ha said:

packet 3 says "Copy of CIB Receipt."

From previous experience, he knew that the fee paid to CIB was done leading up to the interview (the instructions are actually in the Packet 4 email). I think others contacted the embassy for instructions to pay fees to CIB to include in Packet 3 materials, but we did not. 

Hope this helps. It's truly an incredibly confusing process with vague instructions. Hang in there!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
17 hours ago, Marcuszi said:

Hi everyone. 

I just saw that thread I would be grateful if anyone knows the timeframe for the interview after the DQ approximately. 

Thanks

This is our timeline at the Cairo embassy from start to finish 

F488BF98-91BE-46D0-8FC0-AC35FE881497.jpeg

Edited by Mahmir
Add photo

Timeline
8 hours ago, Beshoy Farid said:

my case changed to in transit today , do I send packet 3 directly to Embassy or wait until the Embassy email me with packet 3 ?

I saw in p3 instructions a copy of CIB receipt to be sent , do I should wait until getting this CIB receipt or send P3 without it ?

You have to have that receipt to send with everything else they ask for in packet 3, when status changes to ready email cairoiv@state.gov and give them your CRO case Number and ask for further instructions, they will respond with  packet 3 instructions 

Edited by Mahmir

Timeline
10 hours ago, Beshoy Farid said:

I saw in p3 instructions a copy of CIB receipt to be sent , do I should wait until getting this CIB receipt or send P3 without it ?

We did not submit the copy of the  CIB receipt with Packet 3 because we knew from previous experience that the fee was paid leading up to the interview. The instructions to pay the fee/CIB receipt are included in the Packet 4 email, which asks you to bring the original CIB receipt to the interview. Once you get the Packet 3 email, you could ask what they prefer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hell everyone,

It's great to hear that Cairo is moving.

Anyone know how long wait for IR1 / CR1 interview after DQ?  I received DQ 10 days ago and it feels like a month already 😅

Congratulations to everyone who received their visa and good luck to the rest of us waiting.

Thanks 

Edited by islam-cannotwait
Better phrasing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.