Palawan

Flying from Atlanta to Incheon (S. Korea) on Delta Airlines

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Masks or face coverings are required on Delta flights only where required by the laws of the flight origin and/or destination, including local governments

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

To add to what @JeanneAdilsaid.  So best to have a mask or two with you, or the airline may also provide them where necessary.

Where Masks Are Required

Masks or face coverings are required on Delta flights only where required by the laws of the flight origin and/or destination, including local governments or foreign countries or territories. This may include requiring masks on board or in the airport gate area or lounges. If this is the case, Delta will make an announcement at the gate and on board and may also place signage in the areas where masks are required. Delta may also notify you before travel by email or text message where feasible.   

For these destinations, masks must be worn at all times in flight except while eating or drinking. If wearing oxygen masks is needed because of loss of cabin pressure or other events affecting aircraft ventilation, masks should be removed to accommodate oxygen masks.  

https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-planning-center/know-before-you-go/face-masks

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

36 minutes ago, Palawan said:

Does Delta require a mask on this leg of the flight?

Korea still has mask mandates. So, I assume they want incoming passengers to wear them.

Although they just lifted the outdoor mask mandate on Monday. 

By the time you fly they might lift indoor mask mandates. 

1 hour ago, ROK2USA said:

Korea still has mask mandates. So, I assume they want incoming passengers to wear them.

Although they just lifted the outdoor mask mandate on Monday. 

By the time you fly they might lift indoor mask mandates. 

I am just transition in the airport, quick layover

Edited by Palawan

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

Masks or face coverings are required on Delta flights only where required by the laws of the flight origin and/or destination, including local governments

That is pretty much common knowledge

I fly to Mexico they require mask at the airport but not on the plane if flying American Airlines

So I am gonna go out on a ledge her and assume you have no clue if they do or not..........

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Palawan said:

That is pretty much common knowledge

I fly to Mexico they require mask at the airport but not on the plane if flying American Airlines

So I am gonna go out on a ledge her and assume you have no clue if they do or not..........

sorry i tried to pull up the Delta rules and help u

u seem to offend everyone  that responds to your numerous posts

44 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

sorry i tried to pull up the Delta rules and help u

u seem to offend everyone  that responds to your numerous posts

Not at all, I was just looking for some real time actual answers from people whom have actually flown that route

Just like a I got excellent responses from others regarding stuff like :  Travel Insurance, One Health Pass, etc

14 hours ago, Palawan said:

I am just transition in the airport, quick layover

Still traveling to Korea. 

I don't think they discriminate between people who are arriving and staying and people who have a layover.

Mask mandate is still in place.  But that might change before you fly. 

Keep an eye on the news. 

Call the airline to double check.

Be prepared to wear a mask at the Incheon Airport. 

Edited by ROK2USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

A350-900, nice plane.

When I flew to the Philippines, on United, masks where not required until we deplaned in Guam and remained on all the way into Manila.

Should be the same for Delta.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Palawan said:

Not at all, I was just looking for some real time actual answers from people whom have actually flown that route

Just like a I got excellent responses from others regarding stuff like :  Travel Insurance, One Health Pass, etc

you can post in regional forum instead of open forum and then answers will pertain to your special circumstances

i pulled up the Delta rules as my husband just flew out on Delta/ Air France and i knew according to their rules he had to have mask when plane landed in his country

u can always call the airline or go to their site for these answers too 

but when u post in this open forum,  we are all free to answer 

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown 302 said:

A350-900, nice plane.

When I flew to the Philippines, on United, masks where not required until we deplaned in Guam and remained on all the way into Manila.

Guam is US territory. 

Korea is not. 

Korea currently has strict rules (friends who recently flew into Korea had to wear masks).

But... the rules are changing every week.

They just lifted the outdoor mask mandate. So, the answer OP gets this week might not be relevant next week. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2022 at 11:04 AM, Charlie Brown 302 said:

A350-900, nice plane.

Yes, that is how it seems to work.  US carriers don't require a mask going to another country where masks are required, my personal 2 examples are Korea and Mexico we were mask free

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Palawan said:

Incorrect

I flew Delta from USA to Korea, no mask was required on the flight

u asked for Delta rules 

and i posted directly from Delta rules 

my husband just flew Delta to Moroc and needed mask when landing 

and is flying back to Atlanta today and the stewards say a mask will be needed when landing in Atlanta

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.