StevenInAtlanta

Russian and recently interviewed in Warsaw Poland?

64 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, kumquat_19 said:

We are IR1, DQ jan 25. still waiting as well

We are IR1, Warsaw got our documents about 3 months before we received the email for the interview in Warsaw.  So they got the docs in January, our interview was April 12.  We had 29 days to prepare total and it was just about a week after the war started, all our plans were blown at that point, everything changed, compound that with COVID and that a Russian citizen can not fly directly to Poland (before or during this 'special military action') and we had to reschedule, online, process was easy and we got a confirmation of the August reschedule about 3-4 weeks later.  Our priority date was from June of 2019!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

SENDING $$ TO RUSSIA UPDATE 6/2/2022

Well the @PayLah! app idea from within Telegram app on your smartphone seems to be a total bust/won't work if you are not a citizen of Singapore. I spent over an hour just trying to get setup and registered and at every turn I was met with requirements that I could not meet. I don't think this PayLah! bot was meant to be used by non-Singaporian's. Has anyone else tried the @PayLah! app bot and had success....I've been in IT for 40 years and was totally unable to even get registered.

Has anyone confirmed or know of a way to get $$ to loved ones in Moscow?  My wife is clearly going to run out of money before her interview in August and before I can meet her for the interview in Europe.

1 hour ago, StevenInAtlanta said:

SENDING $$ TO RUSSIA UPDATE 6/2/2022

Well the @PayLah! app idea from within Telegram app on your smartphone seems to be a total bust/won't work if you are not a citizen of Singapore. I spent over an hour just trying to get setup and registered and at every turn I was met with requirements that I could not meet. I don't think this PayLah! bot was meant to be used by non-Singaporian's. Has anyone else tried the @PayLah! app bot and had success....I've been in IT for 40 years and was totally unable to even get registered.

Has anyone confirmed or know of a way to get $$ to loved ones in Moscow?  My wife is clearly going to run out of money before her interview in August and before I can meet her for the interview in Europe.

I send wire transfers from Chase to Avangard Bank.

I've also heard that Wells Fargo does wire transfers to russian banks too. Probably not the sanctioned ones.

Timeline
On 5/20/2022 at 3:33 PM, kumquat_19 said:

We are IR1, DQ jan 25. still waiting as well

Make a timeline on VJ, please! 😇 The more info we can share about processing times, the better for all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/7/2022 at 12:20 PM, StevenInAtlanta said:

I am asking if anyone here in the VJ forum is Russian and has recently been interviewed/processed through the Warsaw Poland embassy/consulate. Of specific interest are IR1 immigration visa applications. My wife's interview is scheduled for Tuesday August 30 @ 8:00am.  I chose Tuesday and an early time with hopes that after the "10 minute" interview there will still be enough time in the day to pass the petition/application to the next step and enough days left in the week to still receive the new visa at the MailBox Express location...which seems to be the current process.

If you recently went through Warsaw Poland interview will you share with the forum your experience please?

• Did you encounter any civil problems at all just because you were Russian traveling through Poland?
  • How long was your interview?
  • What questions were you asked?
  • If approved, how long did actually getting your visa take?
  • If approved, where did you pick up your visa?
  • What country did you travel through to get to Warsaw?
  • For your Schengen visa, were you required to stay in the interim country a few days to 'vacation' or were you able to simply plane hop and pass through on the next flight in your travel? 

Thanks to all in advance that can share their experience.

#PrayForPeace

StevenInAtlanta

How you scheduled the interview?

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Final prep for the interview August 30th 2022. 

Can someone tell me if under the documentation requirements if we need to produce the birth certificate for her adult son that is not immigrating? See below item in red.

My wife has a 30 year old son that is not part of our petition and is not currently trying to immigrate....but the requirements simply says "birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant"

Please collect the following items to bring to your appointment at the U.S. Embassy. For more detailed information, please see our online instructions here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/WRW-Warsaw.html

• A copy of your NVC interview letter (does not apply to Diversity Visa, fiancé(e), adoptive, or asylee/refugee applicants).
  • This registration confirmation showing you selected an address for visa delivery through our online customer center.
  • Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry to the United States and a photocopy of the biographic page (where your name and photo are located).
  • Two (2) color photographs of each person applying for a visa (5 cm x 5 cm, or 2 inch x 2 inch).
  • Confirmation page from the Form DS-260 Application for an Immigrant Visa you submitted online at ceac.state.gov/iv.
  • Your original birth certificate, English translation, and a photocopy.
  • Medical examination results in a sealed envelope (if the physician gives you these results).
  • Original or certified copies of birth certificates for all children of the principal applicant (even if he or she is not accompanying).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

In terms of immigration instructions, the best advice is to read thoroughly, interpret literally, and respond completely and accurately.  (You know this; many don't. :) )

Barring confirmed facts to the contrary, do everything you can to adhere to the literal instruction.  There are a lot of bureaucrats out there, and it would be a shame if one of them used this lone item to derail your intrepid (bordering on superhuman) efforts during this whole traumatic process.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Thanks @TBoneTX, that is pretty much what I told my wife..."it says all" so lets assume they mean all.  I also emailed the Polish US embassy last night and got a reply this morning indicating they had opened an inquiry to our question and would respond in 1-2 days.  That sounds very promissing considering how many years this process has taken!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Keep us closely apprised, Steven.  A lot of folks without dogs directly in this fight are pulling hard for you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Has anyone recently been through Warsaw for their interview?

I have been advised that an "Apostille" might be required for the Russian documents to English translations...in addition to the translator providing a written statement that the translation is accurate and complete and that he/she is fluent in the English language.  I actually read the Federal code and there isnt even a requirement for the translation to be notarized...but it couldn't hurt I guess.

The actual Federal document requirements are detailed here in this Cornell law school link:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/8/103.2

And here is a sample statement that a translator can use to certify the translation is complete and accurate and that he/she is fluent in English.

image.png.d1a9e1746d904a6e9a06dc3020db68ca.png

Timeline

@FJinSD, congrats on finishing the NVC process! (VJ pinged me that you had updated your timeline - I'm not that on top of things :D ) Just a thought that you might want to review/be able to contribute to this thread. 

Timeline
On 7/21/2022 at 4:20 AM, StevenInAtlanta said:

Has anyone recently been through Warsaw for their interview?

I have been advised that an "Apostille" might be required for the Russian documents to English translations...in addition to the translator providing a written statement that the translation is accurate and complete and that he/she is fluent in the English language.  I actually read the Federal code and there isnt even a requirement for the translation to be notarized...but it couldn't hurt I guess.

The actual Federal document requirements are detailed here in this Cornell law school link:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/8/103.2

And here is a sample statement that a translator can use to certify the translation is complete and accurate and that he/she is fluent in English.

image.png.d1a9e1746d904a6e9a06dc3020db68ca.png

I'm not an expert, and perhaps this would be better suited for the I-130 or NVC forums. But, that said, I believe what you have found is correct. Additionally, if you view the NVC document stage webpage here, it also indicates that you only need to submit authorized translations. I've not ever seen mention of apostille for documents in any of the interview threads, so I'd be curious as to where you had heard that as I don't think it is correct. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

@miller_Kay  1 year visa was granted.  The Italian embassy is swamped so we used a service and paid an additional fee to have it expedited.  The expedite fee was close to $500 and it took less than 10 days to get the visa. Otherwise it was going to take 6-10 weeks.

Timeline
15 hours ago, StevenInAtlanta said:

@miller_Kay  1 year visa was granted.  The Italian embassy is swamped so we used a service and paid an additional fee to have it expedited.  The expedite fee was close to $500 and it took less than 10 days to get the visa. Otherwise it was going to take 6-10 weeks.

Yikes, didn't realize the Italians were taking so long, we were thinking about going that route for a trip in October but maybe not... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.