Richu

SSN verification pending for more than a month

24 posts in this topic

Hi, I have applied my SSN almost a month back and still no news. they are saying my documents are still under DHS verification.

03-01-2022 : Entered US on H1b visa
03-08-2022 : Applied for SSN but got rejected as my H1b visa was expiring on March 22nd.(i94 expiry also 03-22-2022)

Extended my H1b visa and got the 797A form which has an updated i94, till March 2025

04-08-2022 : Applied for SSN again
04-19-2022 : When i called to ask the status they said they are missing Visa copy and i visit the SSA office and submitted again.
05-05-2022: Called SSA again for status and they are saying the i94 verification is still pending with DHS.

When i check the SAVE case check i could see there are 3 cases submitted by SSA to verify my case. (screenshot attached). All are showing "Case Under review". Does anyone faced similar issue? is multiple verification  causing an issue? Please help as Im stuck without an SSN.

Thanks

SAVE case status.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

i would print it out as it says at bottom

case returned to agency

and the agency as defined is Maryland SS office 

That's just the legend you're looking at 😉

Look at the case status in front of every case. They're all still pending

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Richu said:

Exactly. If i go inside each case it shows "Case Under Review". Any idea about this multiple verification cases?

Sorry no. I mean it shouldn't be a problem since they're not there to adjucate cases but only check if the info given matches with what they have on file. If it's asked one or a hundred times shouldn't be their concern. I'm afraid all you can do is give it some more days and get in contact with SSA again.

1 hour ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Sorry no. I mean it shouldn't be a problem since they're not there to adjucate cases but only check if the info given matches with what they have on file. If it's asked one or a hundred times shouldn't be their concern. I'm afraid all you can do is give it some more days and get in contact with SSA again.

Alright. Thanks for the info.. i will wait couple of weeks then.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2022 at 3:56 PM, noname111 said:

Hello, I got the similar situation with you. I got pending verification from DHS because save showed that I am a US Citizen. I have been waiting for 7 weeks since the first application. I literally don’t know what to do. 

My application got rejected after 4 weeks and i applied again. After 6 weeks its got approved and got my card. Visit your local SSA office and get it sorted with them. If required raise a new request.

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, noname111 said:

Hello, I got the similar situation with you. I got pending verification from DHS because save showed that I am a US Citizen. I have been waiting for 7 weeks since the first application. I literally don’t know what to do. 

Hi I am also in same situation, its been more than 6 weeks I have applied for SSN and still waiting, Could you please share what happened with your application. in how many days you got your SSN.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:39 PM, Richu said:

My application got rejected after 4 weeks and i applied again. After 6 weeks its got approved and got my card. Visit your local SSA office and get it sorted with them. If required raise a new request.

Hi Could you please tell me why they have rejected your application, I am waiting for SSN since 6 weeks.

While reapplying have you submitted all documents again and even after reapplying they took 6 weeks to generate your SSN. means you waited for total 10 weeks for SSN?

• 1 month later...
On 6/29/2022 at 3:56 PM, noname111 said:

Hello, I’m also in similar situation. Did you receive your ssn finally? If yes, how much time does it take to complete the whole process?

On 8/15/2022 at 10:37 PM, Shranay said:

Hi I am also in same situation, its been more than 6 weeks I have applied for SSN and still waiting, Could you please share what happened with your application. in how many days you got your SSN.

Hello, I’m also in similar situation. It’s been 7 weeks since SAVE case reached to DHS. Did you receive your ssn finally? If yes, how much time does it take to change status in SAVE case check site?

On 8/15/2022 at 10:41 PM, Shranay said:

Hi Could you please tell me why they have rejected your application, I am waiting for SSN since 6 weeks.

While reapplying have you submitted all documents again and even after reapplying they took 6 weeks to generate your SSN. means you waited for total 10 weeks for SSN?

Hi.hope you have received your ssn

5 hours ago, Moksh Reddy said:

Hello, I’m also in similar situation. It’s been 7 weeks since SAVE case reached to DHS. Did you receive your ssn finally? If yes, how much time does it take to change status in SAVE case check site?

It took almost 2 months since my second application to approve. I have re-applied with same documents as first. Seems like initialy my local ssa office screwed-up the application or DHS wrongly rejected. No clear reason was given. Keep checking your save status. Once its moved from in progress to case returned to agency, usually after 6 weeks, you should get your card in 7 to 10 days. This was my experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.