Alix64

I-751 MAY 2022 Filers

359 posts in this topic

On 3/6/2023 at 9:15 PM, OldUser said:

As long as you don't miss biometrics appointment and interview, don't break the continuous residence and trip doesn't break physical presence requirement for naturalization, you're good to travel. Ensure the passport and Green Card are valid.

Sorry I just checked back in. What's the physical presence requirement? First time I heard of that..

On 3/7/2023 at 2:07 AM, Scott001 said:

Since I can't edit my post anymore I have to make a new one. Sorry for spaming it up today. 

After browsing the last few pages of other I-751 filer threads it looks like USCIS sent a ton of the 48 month extension letters out recently. 

We had the same one 3/1/23. When did you file?

And I heat everyone thinking the 48 month extension is like a sign that things are getting slower huh.. 🙃

3 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Sorry I just checked back in. What's the physical presence requirement? First time I heard of that..

It's how much time you physically spent in the US before applying for N-400.

For 3 year rule you should have spent at least 18 months in the US in the last three years.

For 5 year rule you should have spent at least 30 months in the US in the last 5 years.

The continuous residence should also be met, e.g. you should have not had any trips lasting more than 6 months in the last 3 or 5 years depending which rule you apply under.

1 hour ago, OldUser said:

It's how much time you physically spent in the US before applying for N-400.

For 3 year rule you should have spent at least 18 months in the US in the last three years.

For 5 year rule you should have spent at least 30 months in the US in the last 5 years.

The continuous residence should also be met, e.g. you should have not had any trips lasting more than 6 months in the last 3 or 5 years depending which rule you apply under.

Ohhh that's good to know. Thank you so much! 😊

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Don0 said:

We had the same one 3/1/23. When did you file?

And I heat everyone thinking the 48 month extension is like a sign that things are getting slower huh.. 🙃

We got the NOA1 on May 20, 2022 from the CA Service Center and a transfer NOA on July 20, 2022. The case was transfered to the NBC.

I-130                                                                 I-129F

Spoiler

Mailed: Mar. 9, 2019 (Phoenix LB)              Aug. 9,  2019

Delivered: Mar. 12, 2019                               Aug. 12, 2019

NOA1/PD: Mar. 15,  2019 (LIN)                   Aug. 15,  2019

NOA2: Sep. 24, 2019 - Approved                 Sep. 24, 2019 - Denied 

I-130 sent to NVC: Oct. 8, 2019

Received NVC: Oct. 18, 2019

NVC Case#: Nov. 09, 2019 (Assigned to China, should be Japan )

AOS Submitted: Nov. 18, 2019

IV Submitted:  Dec. 23, 2019

AOS/IV Approved: Jan. 16, 2020 

Interview Scheduled: Jan. 23, 2020

Request location change: Mid Nov. 2019 --> Feb. 21, 2020

Contacted my Reps (House, Senate): Feb. 5, 2020 - Rep contacted Guangzhou & Tokyo. 

Response 1: Feb. 11, 2020 - Guangzhou gave copy/paste info to my Rep's office.

Response 2: Feb. 18, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy - Requested transfer fm China - Case moved to Administrative Processing 

A Short Time Later after talking with Rep. Case's office, they contacted the embassies again. 

Response 3: Feb. 21, 2020 - Transfer complete; New interview scheduled.

Interview Date: Mar. 2, 2020 - Tokyo Embassy 

Interview Result: Approved

Visa Issued: Mar. 4, 2020

Visa in hand: Mar. 6, 2020

Time: ~359 Days from start to finish 

POE:  Stupid COVID-19 delaying travel to the US....

POE: Aug. 13, 2020 - San Francisco 

SSN: Oct. 23, 2020

GC: Aug 5, 2021 (51 weeks from entry)

I-751

NOA1 - May 20, 2022 CA Service Center

NOA2 - July 20, 2022 Case Transfered to NBC

NOA3 - Mar 6, 2023 48 month GC extension letter

NOA4 - Sep 1, 2023 Biometrics Appointment 

Update - Oct 6, 2023 Case status update to show fingerprints taken  

:clock:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/20/2023 at 2:34 PM, Scott001 said:

We got the NOA1 on May 20, 2022 from the CA Service Center and a transfer NOA on July 20, 2022. The case was transfered to the NBC.

So, I got my 48 month extension letter today, too . Was expected 😉

11 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

So, I got my 48 month extension letter today, too . Was expected 😉

Wohooo! Congratulation! Still none for me LOL..

• 2 weeks later...

I checked USPS informed delivery this morning, it looks like I will be receiving a mail from USCIS.. Not sure if it would be the extension letter or RFE.. No update on my account. Will find out later tonight :)

30 minutes ago, mepck said:

I checked USPS informed delivery this morning, it looks like I will be receiving a mail from USCIS.. Not sure if it would be the extension letter or RFE.. No update on my account. Will find out later tonight :)

If no status update, most likely it's extension letter. Keep us updated.

Timeline
3 hours ago, OldUser said:

You haven't gotten the 48 months extension yet, right? Might be that!

4 hours ago, OldUser said:

Yeah, that's what I thought.. I sure will update here later :) Congratulations on receiving yours! LOL

1 hour ago, Caligirl1 said:

You haven't gotten the 48 months extension yet, right? Might be that!

Yeah, I am one of the lucky one that haven't gotten the 48 months love letter LOL.. Did you get your status updated when receiving yours?

Timeline
4 hours ago, mepck said:

Yeah, that's what I thought.. I sure will update here later :) Congratulations on receiving yours! LOL

Yeah, I am one of the lucky one that haven't gotten the 48 months love letter LOL.. Did you get your status updated when receiving yours?

Nope, nothing changed- still saying fingerprints received/ re-used🤷‍♀️🙄

1 hour ago, Caligirl1 said:

Nope, nothing changed- still saying fingerprints received/ re-used🤷‍♀️🙄

Thank you! As expected, it was the 48 months extension 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.