Alix64

I-751 MAY 2022 Filers

359 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

I see that a lot of people get a Biometric appointment around 2 months after receiving their NOA1 but I have bought flight tickets to visit my family late June, for 6 weeks... 😳

Hopefully yours will be waived lol.. Me too, I have an upcoming trip but still September, hopefully by then I will find out if I need to do another biometric or the waiver.. Anyway, thank you for the link!

1 hour ago, Caligirl1 said:

No,you don't ask to much! That's what the forum is for👍 yes,most likely they wave the biometrics and use the ones they already have on file.The interviews, I don't know 🤷‍♀️depends on ,how strong the evidence is, or if they have more questions, or just how the officer working on a case feels about it,I guess🤔

Thank you! We shall see:) Good luck for us!!

5 hours ago, Alix64 said:

I see that a lot of people get a Biometric appointment around 2 months after receiving their NOA1 but I have bought flight tickets to visit my family late June, for 6 weeks... 😳

I'm actually stressing over the biometrics appointment that's why I searched and many have went before their appointments so I'm going to do that cause I'm also travelling on the end of July, just exactly 2 months after sending my file! 😆 I'm sure I will get the bionetrics since I went in through CR1, I haven't had any biometrics taken unlike K1s or other visas. 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Don0 said:

I'm actually stressing over the biometrics appointment that's why I searched and many have went before their appointments so I'm going to do that cause I'm also travelling on the end of July, just exactly 2 months after sending my file! 😆 I'm sure I will get the bionetrics since I went in through CR1, I haven't had any biometrics taken unlike K1s or other visas. 

Like you (CR1) I'm sure I will have the Biometrics (btw what is it exactly? what is it for, what kind of questions do they ask you, etc). 

When I follow the link https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftlist.php?cfl=0&op1=2&op2=&op3=&op4=3&op5=5,9,10,11,12&op6=National Benefits Center

and if I select National Benefits Center, almost EVERYBODY has the Biometrics appointment. 

I hope I can postpone it, because my trip to France has been planned in a long time and I never get to go on holidays. 

Edited by Alix64

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Timeline

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Like you (CR1) I'm sure I will have the Biometrics (btw what is it exactly? what is it for, what kind of questions do they ask you, etc). 

When I follow the link https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/liftlist.php?cfl=0&op1=2&op2=&op3=&op4=3&op5=5,9,10,11,12&op6=National Benefits Center

and if I select National Benefits Center, almost EVERYBODY has the Biometrics appointment. 

I hope I can postpone it, because my trip to France has been planned in a long time and I never get to go on holidays. 

Yeah! It's what I noticed in the thread here with MSCs. They get the bio letter within the two months and the appoinement is around 2 months after filing. By the way, the link you sent shows N400? 

Well, is it on late June? Maybe you can go before your appointment then.

3 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Thanks for this! I'll read this through!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Yeah! It's what I noticed in the thread here with MSCs. They get the bio letter within the two months and the appoinement is around 2 months after filing. By the way, the link you sent shows N400? 

Not N400, that link is is only for "lifting conditions (I-751) Timeline" :)

Most people (at the National Benefits Center) seem to have their Biometrics around one month after their NOA1. 

My NOA1 is May 31rst, so I can imagine the appointment to be around June 30th, and I'm leaving on the 19th... arffff I hope I have time to do it before, or to postpone it in August (but I think you don't get to choose, right?). 

Anyway, I will stop thinking about it too much and we'll see. 

Take care you all :)

My extension letter is for 24 months as well! Yay! I checked the link @Alix64, you are correct, almost 1-2 months after NOA1 for the biometric. When I checked Nebraska, I found out quite a few from 2021 fillers don't have the Biometric appointment listed, not sure if it get waived or they did not update them..

Timeline
20 minutes ago, mepck said:

My extension letter is for 24 months as well! Yay! I checked the link @Alix64, you are correct, almost 1-2 months after NOA1 for the biometric. When I checked Nebraska, I found out quite a few from 2021 fillers don't have the Biometric appointment listed, not sure if it get waived or they did not update them..

I think the appointment missing are people not updating their timeline 😉

Congrats for your extension :)

20 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Not N400, that link is is only for "lifting conditions (I-751) Timeline" :)

Most people (at the National Benefits Center) seem to have their Biometrics around one month after their NOA1. 

My NOA1 is May 31rst, so I can imagine the appointment to be around June 30th, and I'm leaving on the 19th... arffff I hope I have time to do it before, or to postpone it in August (but I think you don't get to choose, right?). 

Anyway, I will stop thinking about it too much and we'll see. 

Take care you all :)

Oh I see the headline Lifting Conditions. I was looking at the timelines and it had "N400 filing, N400 bio etc." 

Yeah, don't think much about it. It'll work out fine! 😄

10 hours ago, mepck said:

Congrats! The biometrics mostly depends on the previous type of visa that you have. And I think that if you have had it taken like during your AOS, then they just reuse it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Oh I see the headline Lifting Conditions. I was looking at the timelines and it had "N400 filing, N400 bio etc." 

Yeah, don't think much about it. It'll work out fine! 😄

Congrats! The biometrics mostly depends on the previous type of visa that you have. And I think that if you have had it taken like during your AOS, then they just reuse it.

Right,often they use the ones taken for AOS again, but even if you'll get an appointment letter for biometrics, you can reschedule- i don't think,they do walk-ins 🤔you might call there and ask

4 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

Right,often they use the ones taken for AOS again, but even if you'll get an appointment letter for biometrics, you can reschedule- i don't think,they do walk-ins 🤔you might call there and ask

What I saw from other threads is you can do walk-ins as long as you have an appointment for a future date. Am I making sense? Lol! I've seen people post e.g. Bio appointment: 2/28, Bio taken: 2/20. Something like that

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, Don0 said:

What I saw from other threads is you can do walk-ins as long as you have an appointment for a future date. Am I making sense? Lol! I've seen people post e.g. Bio appointment: 2/28, Bio taken: 2/20. Something like that

Yes,I saw that,too👍

Timeline

Hello again,

About the Biometrics Appointment (again!), I see people going away and having someone check their postmail box. 

Doesn't USCIS send it also through email? 

(Yes Don0,  you make total sense - that is what I read to)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
13 hours ago, Alix64 said:

Hello again,

About the Biometrics Appointment (again!), I see people going away and having someone check their postmail box. 

Doesn't USCIS send it also through email? 

(Yes Don0,  you make total sense - that is what I read to)

@Alix64 You can sign up for USPS Informed Delivery through the usps website. They send you an email every morning with pictures of the mail you receive that day. If you know you're getting mail from USCIS then you can send someone to grab it for you!

Timeline
7 hours ago, r&jn said:

@Alix64 You can sign up for USPS Informed Delivery through the usps website. They send you an email every morning with pictures of the mail you receive that day. If you know you're getting mail from USCIS then you can send someone to grab it for you!

Fantastic, thank you. I think I have already registered... need to check

That's great. Thanks again :)

Have a good week-end everyone! and for those who are working during the week-end, take care. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.