Alix64

I-751 MAY 2022 Filers

359 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, Caligirl1 said:

A bit weird,that there's not more.....I remember 2 years ago for AOS there were way more! On a different forum, I expected to see all the same ones from back in 2019- nothing! Like they all disappeared 🤔 But,the few one here,sitting all in the same boat 🛶 again, stick together 👍good luck 🍀

You know I think it is because we learnt SO MUCH 2-2,5 years ago with how USCIS works, to get our green card. 

And so probably a lot of people are doing it on their own. 

Or maybe they are somewhere else in the Forum 😉

We are a nice club of 5 people 😎

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

You know I think it is because we learnt SO MUCH 2-2,5 years ago with how USCIS works, to get our green card. 

You're right.Initial application, everything was new, so many unknown factors and just learning from each other. Also,several forms to submit.now it's just one,so they might think: I've done it once,now I'm fine doing it by myself. But I really like sharing our experiences 😃

59 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

People's situation also change too, where they don't need immigrations sorry to say! But I understand what you are saying. My group is spread out like that too!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Just got my case number! Didn't think it would be this fast! Lol! 

my case number starts with MSC. Looked it up and said it's Missouri service center. But I can't see that when I check processing times. Would that change? 

Edit: just looked it up again. So MSC is National Benefits Center. Hope this is a "fast" one! Lol but it still isn't in the "processing times" choices though

Edited by Don0

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

People's situation also change too, where they don't need immigrations sorry to say! But I understand what you are saying. My group is spread out like that too!

True. All kinds of things can happen. Also covid has prevent a lot of people from fulfilling their original plan... sadly. 

For the CR1 file, I must say Visa Journey has been a blessing. It has helped so much. We had a lawyer at first and he made so many mistakes, that we had to fire him (he got paid all the same), and VJ really saved us. 

@Don0 Congrats! That's great. Same days as me. And I have MSC as well...

Edited by Alix64

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

Timeline
16 hours ago, Alix64 said:

True. All kinds of things can happen. Also covid has prevent a lot of people from fulfilling their original plan... sadly. 

For the CR1 file, I must say Visa Journey has been a blessing. It has helped so much. We had a lawyer at first and he made so many mistakes, that we had to fire him (he got paid all the same), and VJ really saved us. 

@Don0 Congrats! That's great. Same days as me. And I have MSC as well...

Mine is WAC, that's the California service center.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Caligirl1 said:

Mine is WAC, that's the California service center.

On the USCIS website, the California Service center is the fastest to process. Good for you :) An average of 10 months. 

Nebraska 17,5months

Potomac 23,5months

Texas 11months
Vermont 14,5. 

I don't know what MSC stands for. Anyone?

Have a great week-end you all.💐

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

On the USCIS website, the California Service center is the fastest to process. Good for you :) An average of 10 months. 

Nebraska 17,5months

Potomac 23,5months

Texas 11months
Vermont 14,5. 

I don't know what MSC stands for. Anyone?

Have a great week-end you all.💐

MSC is the national benefits center.My AOS and I-130/I-765 where processed there. Yes,i saw approximately 10 months average processing time,that's incredible! Let's see.....😉

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Caligirl1 said:

MSC is the national benefits center.My AOS and I-130/I-765 where processed there. Yes,i saw approximately 10 months average processing time,that's incredible! Let's see.....😉

yes i know but where can I find the delay for that center, since USCIS is only mentioning Cal, Nebraska, Potomac, Texas and Vermont...

even a little approximation would be appreciated 😉

I have just found this https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/processing-times-faqs

but not very helpful. 

Edited by Alix64

Timeline
Just now, Alix64 said:

yes i know but where can I find the delay for that center, since USCIS is only mentioning Cal, Nebraska, Potomac, Texas and Vermont...

I would assume, the office nearest to where you're living.🤔

4 hours ago, Alix64 said:

I have just found this https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/processing-times-faqs

but not very helpful. 

I saw a thread here on VJ also looking for the processing times so they made their own excel sheet. And mostly are CR1s sent to MSC. They theorize that there's no processing times still it's not much data to gather? Lol. But seems like MSC is fast too! 

By the way @Caligirl1, are you CR1 too?

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Don0 said:

I saw a thread here on VJ also looking for the processing times so they made their own excel sheet. And mostly are CR1s sent to MSC. They theorize that there's no processing times still it's not much data to gather? Lol. But seems like MSC is fast too! 

By the way @Caligirl1, are you CR1 too?

CR1? Marriage based.i came to the us on esta/ tourist visa,never left,got married and applied for AOS ( ok,that's the short version) lol

9 hours ago, Caligirl1 said:

CR1? Marriage based.i came to the us on esta/ tourist visa,never left,got married and applied for AOS ( ok,that's the short version) lol

Oh okay! Not CR1 then. Hehehe CR1 is also marriage based but usually married outside the US, entered the US before the 2nd wedding anniversary. 😊

Timeline
4 hours ago, Don0 said:

Oh okay! Not CR1 then. Hehehe CR1 is also marriage based but usually married outside the US, entered the US before the 2nd wedding anniversary. 😊

Ah,ok😉yes,we did it a bit differently, but same outcome...lol

Timeline
On 5/28/2022 at 3:11 PM, Don0 said:

Yes I saw that too. It seems that USCIS sends files to MSC whenever the other "usual" centers are overloaded with files. Anyway :)

Are you guys going to do the N400 after this? Or during this? Or not at all?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.