J&D1008

MAY 2022 I-129F K1 FILERS

342 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I think so, too.
It feels like we are getting close and it's nice to see how USCIS is processing so much faster the last couple of months.

Edited by Eddie101

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (I'm sure it is!) but we are May 2022 filers and waiting with you all.  At what point should we prepare the I-134?  I see that the current form expires 7/31/2023 so not really sure if we should complete it and get all of my necessary financial records now or wait until we have our NOA2?  Thanks!

Timeline

Hi,
we are also May 2022 filers. I'd suggest to wait until NOA2 shows up.
I know gathering the required financial documents takes some time so it might be a good idea to think about collecting them already, but fill out
the actual I-134 doc later as we might have to file an updated version.

Edited by Eddie101

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

i think thats good advise.. im gonna be in thailand this april til begining of July an were gonna be getting all our docs together an organized. i found a pretty good check list for the Thailand interview questions an required docs here on the forums. So were gonna get organized together..   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

So, I need to 'fess up.

I'm lost.

My VJ timeline (a mid-May-2022 filer) keeps shortening. It's now pointing to a second half of July 2022 for approval.

My dataset though, one comparing all unresolved cases, is pointing at a minimum of September 2022 approval for the first-wave May 2022 applicants; and the reason I say first-wave is because cases can take months and months to be touched.

Like X-files show said, I want to believe.

And I'd love to be wrong. However, for now, I can't comprehend the plethora (a fancy word for multitude, numerousness, or a large number of something) of RFEs issued (as that's got to slow down the case closure rate) and the resulting shortening of processing timelines (as I genuinely fail to see why, how, where).

I want to be proven wrong.

Because all I see for now is processing times lengthening much further, where VJ numbers are meaningless (please prove me wrong).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Slovenia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

So, I need to 'fess up.

I'm lost.

My VJ timeline (a mid-May-2022 filer) keeps shortening. It's now pointing to a second half of July 2022 for approval.

My dataset though, one comparing all unresolved cases, is pointing at a minimum of September 2022 approval for the first-wave May 2022 applicants; and the reason I say first-wave is because cases can take months and months to be touched.

And I'd love to be wrong. However, for now, I can't comprehend the plethora (a fancy word for multitude, numerousness, or a large number of something) of RFEs issued (as that's got to slow down the case closure rate) and the resulting shortening of processing timelines (as I genuinely fail to see why, how, where).

Because all I see for now is processing times lengthening much further, where VJ numbers are meaningless (please prove me wrong).

If USCIS keeps this speed, I would also estimate July 2022 for you. 

USCIS is showing an average 80% processing time *historically*. You should focus more on 50% imo and taking their speed into account to get a better presenting number. 

Edited by Obllak

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 hours ago, Lynxyonok said:

So, I need to 'fess up.

I'm lost.

Can you share your dataset for comparison? Or at least a little more detail on how you're doing your own calculation that results in a longer date. I have done something similar on my own that I've poked at a lot, so maybe I can poke at yours a little to see the differences.

On 3/27/2023 at 10:57 AM, Eddie101 said:

Hi,
we are also May 2022 filers. I'd suggest to wait until NOA2 shows up.
I know gathering the required financial documents takes some time so it might be a good idea to think about collecting them already, but fill out
the actual I-134 doc later as we might have to file an updated version.

Thanks! 

I guess my concern outside of whether or not I needed the new form is if they'd be skeptical if all of my financial letters and data are from April 2023 and my I-134 form is filled out and dated, for example, August 1, 2023.  Or is that normal to be off by a few months?  Just not trying to give any reason for denial or extra evidence needed.  I'm far and beyond above the income thresholds but just don't carry big balances anywhere (yay student debt repayments) so trying to be as compliant as possible and provide the best info. Thanks!

Timeline

I think that's not a problem. As far as I know they want the tax returns for the previous year(s), bank statements and real estate stuff like mortgage docs.
So shouldn't be a problem whether it's April or August 2023

17 hours ago, Eddie101 said:

I think that's not a problem. As far as I know they want the tax returns for the previous year(s), bank statements and real estate stuff like mortgage docs.

Thanks!

On 4/1/2023 at 9:12 AM, Eddie101 said:

Also, don't overcomplicate matters in the process.

If you meet the requirements through your salary only, you don't need submit more evidence. You don't need to "impress" them. They just need to check the box.

1 hour ago, Nikobe said:

Also, don't overcomplicate matters in the process.

If you meet the requirements through your salary only, you don't need submit more evidence. You don't need to "impress" them. They just need to check the box.

Ohh that is good to know.  I was planning on going all out but that makes sense.  Thank you!

On 9/27/2022 at 1:59 PM, Roy an Panitta said:

Glad i found this thread with my month of May 2022. 

Hello everybody i

filed my I-129 F 05- 09- 2022

received 05- 10- 2022 (shipped fed ex an signed day)

NOA 1 on 05- 13- 2022

My fiance is currently living in BangSon Bangkok an I'm in South Florida. 

We are patiently waiting with a million questions.. 😄

Our dates are similar!  recieved 5/11/22 noa1 5/13/22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.