5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hubby ( applicant) and I (primary sponsor) are both 20. I've been working on and off and our interview is coming up (AOS in Houston) in a few weeks. Hubby has been finishing associates degree. We have some savings but I don't think we qualify on our own. My mother in law, who we live with, and pays most of the bills, had submitted the 864 as a co-sponsor a year ago when we applied. She earns well above the threshold.  

Do we ( me and and mother in law)  need to update our financial statements and each bring with us an updated 864? (bank records, pay checks, mother-in law paychecks) since our bank accounts have fluctuated and MOL earns more?

Also- what documents, other than financials, do we need to bring?

Thanks

Kierra and Clayton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would be a good idea to have updated information from you and your MIL to take to the interview.  I would also plan to bring copies of updated tax filings since the initial I864.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Your MIL doesn't attend the interview. 

You don't update I-864

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok but won't they ask for current work status and financials? For example. I was working fulltime when we applied and was laid off 2 weeks ago. I"m looking for another job but don't know if I"ll get one by the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

They'll ask. But doesn't matter. MIL is the queen here. Her finances are the ones being used. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.