Master5

Schengen visa for a Russian citizen to get to the interview in Warsaw

57 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Master5 said:

Hi guys! Totally unexpected, we got the email about our Warsaw interview appointment today, just about 2 weeks after the DQ email. I was expecting to get the appointment email in 6-9 months from now judging by other people experiences. Maybe it's because the case has spent almost a year at NVC, not sure.

The interview is scheduled for the 2nd half of December and we have only 1 month to get the Schengen visa, would it be enough time? We plan to apply for Hungary Schengen visa for my wife as it seems other people had good luck with this country. Also, how many days medical examination usually takes? I mean to get all the test results? I'm nor sure for how many days prior to the interview it should be scheduled.

Congrats! And just to make sure I'm crystal clear, you got full DQ only in October, and then got scheduled today for a late December interview? That's great news to hear, because I'm really hoping that my wife gets DQ in late December.

That said, my wife is finishing up her application for an Italian Schegen visa (we wanted to test the water and take a trip Dec/Jan). She will have the appointment in Nizhny Novgorod next week, and we are traveling Dec 17 (will make final meeting point either Italy or Serbia, depending on whether she recieves the visa.)

The one biggest concern is "proof of funds". Without giving too much detail, she talked to a travel agent who said visas are now being heavily scrutinized as far as Russians ability to pay/be self sufficient and reasons for return (job, apartment, family). I'll be including a ton of my financial docs and a letter on her behalf, but will only find out in the next few weeks.

7 hours ago, slavaskii said:

If you are planning on doing it in Warsaw, I highly recommend getting in touch with the doctor ASAP. When we scheduled earlier this year, the wait was a little over a month, if I recall. I'm sure you'd also be eligible to take a cancellation, but if for whatever reason they won't have results by when you need them, Lithuania (iirc) may be another option. Results may take several days to return and they will need to be brought to the Embassy.

I spoke with a doctor in Poland and they said they wouldn't schedule an appointment until my wife was in the country. I suppose I could have said she was in Poland, but I was only getting info when I first contact them. They told me results would take 1-2 days.

7 hours ago, Master5 said:

I see, thanks! Actually I plan to schedule the medical examination in Warsaw since we are far from Moscow. We called one travel agency and were told that there is a big backlog for Spain (popular destination apparently) and that there should be a good chance with Hungary. I also read on this forum about other couple getting Schengen visa through Hungary. Hungary is close to Poland, probably possible to travel by train from there in case Poland would refuse to board Russian citizens on airplane.

Single-entry 15 days visa would work fine for us as long as the case is approved and we don't have to travel there again. 

Please keep us updated. I was told Hungary wasn't an option, but I don't know if that's actually true or the agency I contacted didn't work with the Hungarian embassy. I regret not checking more agencies. Also, what was the price if you were quoted one? Ours was 40,000 RUB for Spain. Full service. We provide the docs and they do the rest. We needed a letter from work and that was an extra 3,000. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Simplytex said:

Congrats! And just to make sure I'm crystal clear, you got full DQ only in October, and then got scheduled today for a late December interview? That's great news to hear, because I'm really hoping that my wife gets DQ in late December.

That said, my wife is finishing up her application for an Italian Schegen visa (we wanted to test the water and take a trip Dec/Jan). She will have the appointment in Nizhny Novgorod next week, and we are traveling Dec 17 (will make final meeting point either Italy or Serbia, depending on whether she recieves the visa.)

The one biggest concern is "proof of funds". Without giving too much detail, she talked to a travel agent who said visas are now being heavily scrutinized as far as Russians ability to pay/be self sufficient and reasons for return (job, apartment, family). I'll be including a ton of my financial docs and a letter on her behalf, but will only find out in the next few weeks.

Yes, 2 weeks from DQ to interview email.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, smoothoperaytor said:

Please keep us updated. I was told Hungary wasn't an option, but I don't know if that's actually true or the agency I contacted didn't work with the Hungarian embassy. I regret not checking more agencies. Also, what was the price if you were quoted one? Ours was 40,000 RUB for Spain. Full service. We provide the docs and they do the rest. We needed a letter from work and that was an extra 3,000. 

Actually the agency we called just provided some info for us, they don't do visas, they said it's too bothersome these days. We plan to apply directly at visa center without any middleman. One complication here is flight/hotel reservations that are required for visa applications, anyone here tried https://visareservation.com? Are they reliable? Also, medical insurance is needed. This whole Schengen visa process is a major headache. I would easily pay someone 40,000RUB to handle all that, but it's hard to trust anyone with such important matter.

3 minutes ago, Master5 said:

Actually the agency we called just provided some info for us, they don't do visas, they said it's too bothersome these days. We plan to apply directly at visa center without any middleman. One complication here is flight/hotel reservations that are required for visa applications, anyone here tried https://visareservation.com? Are they reliable? Also, medical insurance is needed. This whole Schengen visa process is a major headache. I would easily pay someone 40,000RUB to handle all that, but it's hard to trust anyone with such important matter.

I have never used that site, but I came across these sites when I was researching the process. I haven't used either, so I can't comment on their effectiveness. They're free and look legit.

https://www.atlys.com/tools/flight-itinerary

https://www.atlys.com/tools/hotel-itinerary

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So my wife just went to Nizhny Novgorod to submit the paperwork for her Italian visa. 

A bit annoyed, because we couldn't find many appointment spots online, but in the "office" the two women working there said that walk-in appointments were totally fine, but just had to pay an extra ~1250 rubles...

That said, she went fully armed with lots of travel and financial evidence, and the clerk said from a paperwork standpoint everything looked ok, but it then has to get sent to the Italian embassy in Moscow, and it will take about 15 business days if they don't need anything else, otherwise it would be up to 45 days to process. Since we are traveling Dec 17 either to Serbia or Italy, it's not like we can send any more info, so it'll either get approved or not.

@smoothoperaytor and @Master5, just wondering how things are going for y'all. Success will getting visa or medical done?

My wife got her Schengen Visa to Spain. They said 10-15 business days, but it took about 5. We can now leave early. The visa is for 30 days.

Medical wasn't easy. They're booked for the next 3 months. But we found out that by calling multiple times a day, you can get lucky and take a spot from someone who cancels. It took us 3 days of calling to do just that. 

We also found out you can save money by doing the required test at another clinic instead of the official clinic in Moscow. This will also save time. Be sure to have all of your immunization records as well. They prefer the original copy instead of an email printout. If you don't have them, you probably have to get whatever vaccines are needed again.

Edited by smoothoperaytor

Timeline
3 hours ago, smoothoperaytor said:

My wife got her Schengen Visa to Spain. They said 10-15 business days, but it took about 5. We can now leave early. The visa is for 30 days.

Medical wasn't easy. They're booked for the next 3 months. But we found out that by calling multiple times a day, you can get lucky and take a spot from someone who cancels. It took us 3 days of calling to do just that. 

We also found out you can save money by doing the required test at another clinic instead of the official clinic in Moscow. This will also save time. Be sure to have all of your immunization records as well. They prefer the original copy instead of an email printout. If you don't have them, you probably have to get whatever vaccines are needed again.

Glad to hear that your schegen visa was issued so quickly! I hope you don't have the same issues as StevenInAtlanta, and get the post-interview AP done within the 30 days of the Schengen visa.

It's kinda frustrating that people are booking the medical appointments. Do you know if it's possible to book the appointments without having proof of interview? Because if its 3 mo out as you said, then my wife is probably going to have to do the same as you, and just go stay in Moscow while calling every day... I'd be very glad if you can provide more info about the medical process regarding testing at a different clinic, my wife is up to date on everything w/ records (except for US-approved covid vaccination...) 

Yeah, we hope so too. We're going to dedicate this weekend to going over our documents and making sure everything is in order.

The hospital told us there used to be 5 doctors. Now there are 2 and only one is available for visa documentation. I guess it's not a priority at this time. You need the proof of the interview to get the exam, but they don't check if you have the proof until you show up. So, I guess you could try to schedule an interview and hope that you have it before you actually go to the hospital. 

About testing, it's about getting as much done as possible on your own. 

Timeline

Hi @Simplytex @smoothoperaytor We have submitted the docs for a Hungarian Schengen visa this week, fingers crossed. Here is some info I've collected while preparing the docs:

• The site for tickets/hotel reservation: dummyticket.com. For $35 per person they provide verifiable ticket/hotel reservation. I went to the airline website and was able to pull the reservation they provided.
  • The person applying for Schengen visa should have at least 300,000RUB in the bank, according to the Russian travel agency sources. Get the "spravka" from the bank and attach to the visa application.
  • I was advised not to disclose the true purpose of the visa application. Should not attach any US documents or visa appointment. Simply put "tourism" in visa application.
  • Easiest countries to get Schengen visa currently should be France, Italy, Spain and Hungary, according to the Russian travel agency sources.
  • Poland has blocked Russian citizens from entering the country only from outside the EU, if one enters Poland from within Schengen zone then it should be fine. Source: https://tvpworld.com/62849252/poland-restricts-entry-for-russian-citizens

Our plan B is to apply for France/Spain visa asap if we get a deny from Hungary.

I also contacted the clinic in Warsaw that does the medical examination. They informed me that one week should be enough time to get the medical done without the prior appointment scheduled, but we should contact them only when we are physically in Warsaw, they won't schedule an appointment otherwise. One big unknown here is a COVID vaccination, I know that it's required and my wife had it done in Russia. Anyone knows if they accept the Russian proof of vaccination issued through "gosuslugi"?

I don't think Sputnik (the Russian vaccine) is accepted. If the exam is done in Russia, there's an option that basically says "vaccine unavailable" and that should be okay. If the exam is done in Poland, then they'll provide the vaccine that's approved for America. I'm not 100% sure on this, so don't take my word for it. I guess we'll find out more information tomorrow when my wife has her exam.

Medical exam done. They wanted the original copy of my wife's immunization records. This means you can't have someone scan and email it. Fortunately we found this out just in time and had my wife's mother get the records and send them via courier. It took 4 business days and they arrived the same day as the exam. My wife waited for me in the hospital while I waited for the courier. Once I had them, and brought them to her, the rest of the exam went smoothly. She did need three additional vaccinations which were around 1100 RUB each. 

About getting a COVID19 vaccine, they were unable to provide the one she would need for the US. I don't know if this excludes her from having it be a requirement. The doctor in Moscow asked if she needed it for Poland (the answer is no) and recommended she get it elsewhere just in case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
2 hours ago, smoothoperaytor said:

About getting a COVID19 vaccine, they were unable to provide the one she would need for the US. I don't know if this excludes her from having it be a requirement. The doctor in Moscow asked if she needed it for Poland (the answer is no) and recommended she get it elsewhere just in case.

What does the medical exam say, does it say "K applicant voluntarily completed all requirements"? Out of all the confusion regarding medical, having that signed / stamped seems like the best way to tell.

It's been repeated here a million times, of course, but she will still need it to travel to the US if she goes before the requirement is lifted. I think someone said that would happen late December / early next year? 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
16 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

What does the medical exam say, does it say "K applicant voluntarily completed all requirements"? Out of all the confusion regarding medical, having that signed / stamped seems like the best way to tell.

It's been repeated here a million times, of course, but she will still need it to travel to the US if she goes before the requirement is lifted. I think someone said that would happen late December / early next year? 

Just for clarification, @smoothoperaytor is married, and spouses don't need to be vaccinated for travel purposes. The travel restriction for non-immigrants (including K visas) has been extended through at least Jan 8 2023, and it could just as easily be extended further.

Its weird but the COVID vax requirements to my best understanding are:

For the medical exam (this seems more permanent change, won't likely have COVID vax requirement removed):

• At Moscow: physician will grant a waiver, that an approved vaccine isn't available
  • Poland/Other location: physician will probably not grant a waiver, so then applicants should be ready/get a US/WHO approved vaccination (which can take time now that J&J is less available.)

For travel (until at least Jan 8th 2023) regardless of country of origin:

• USC, residents, or intending immigrants including spouses with IR/CR visa - do not need to be vaccinated
  • Non-immigrants, including K visa - needs proof of vaccination

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.