JBRE22022

TSC approved I140s not going to NVC

276 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, MalaYoon said:

any update? did the CIS Ombudsman respond?

I didn't approach the Ombudsman, however, I did inquire with the USCIS through service request and they said, "We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review, and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for shipment to NVC. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received."

My attorney thinks that additional processing has reset the 2-3 months time for transferring the case to NVC... It will be a month since the reply from USCIS on 27 Nov 22....

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 11/15/2022 at 10:17 PM, Kashraz said:

I didn't approach the Ombudsman, however, I did inquire with the USCIS through service request and they said, "We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review, and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently in line for shipment to NVC. Cases are processed in the order in which they were received."

My attorney thinks that additional processing has reset the 2-3 months time for transferring the case to NVC... It will be a month since the reply from USCIS on 27 Nov 22....

Oh... I got the same response from USCIS, and it has been 70days since the response from USCIS (>.<'')

BTW, I dont understand the "Additional Review" part, what does this even mean LOL

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/18/2022 at 8:24 PM, MalaYoon said:

Oh... I got the same response from USCIS, and it has been 70days since the response from USCIS (>.<'')

BTW, I dont understand the "Additional Review" part, what does this even mean LOL

I am thinking of putting up another service request after 30 days of their response... 

I guess "Additional Review" seems like another vague term which no one knows about :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 11/29/2022 at 3:30 AM, Kashraz said:

Update! 

Case was sent to the department of state on 26 Nov 22

Congrats !!! mine was send on the 11th of Nov

FYI it will take 2-3months for NVC to create a case for you after they receive your approved I140

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
16 hours ago, Kashraz said:

They said it needed extra processing... 

This just sounds like an excuse they give you. I was reading the previous posts, and saw that this is a known issue: "There is a known issue with some approved petitions transferring from USCIS to NVC. USCIS has made changes to their system and is working with DOS to fix the remaining petitions" (From point 16 at https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/AILA/AILA-Agenda-06-09-2022.pdf ) 

I guess this is some technical glitch (or some management issues), they just tell you "extra processing" to avoid telling you the real reason. Looks like it only happens to EB cases at TSC, but I just don't know if this occurs randomly or if somehow happens only to case numbers that fit some pattern. 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Kashraz said:

Waiting.... Mine was sent on 26 Nov... They are doing a day in a week.... I think my grandma could work faster... 

Just joining this thread. Ours was sent to DOS on 18th Nov... hoping the WL is going to be very soon. So hard to be patient with this process!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.