JBRE22022

TSC approved I140s not going to NVC

276 posts in this topic

@JBRE22022  @JLVS22BR  Sorry for @-ing you guys but do you happen to know how long it takes for NVC to tell me the result of their contact with USCIS regarding my case transfer? For context,  my case has been approved >60 days ago, I sent an email to NVCResearch@state.gov 4 business days ago and  I got a reply from them today stating that : "We will contact USCIS to determine the location of your petition. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to make sure your case is moving forward."

FWIW, I also contacted USCIS live agent (via Emma) and they told me case transfers processing time right now is 90 days, and so I cannot inquire USCIS directly until then. I hope they just don't give the same answer to NVC!!

Edited by immishok

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

@immishok That's a good question, in my case it was fast, but I think more and more cases are coming and jamming the system. I think you can try also a USCS inquiry once the case is 90 days approved, but hopefully it will be solved by then. Meanwhile, double check your i140 form to make sure it is assigned to go to consular processing.  

2 minutes ago, JBRE22022 said:

@immishok That's a good question, in my case it was fast, but I think more and more cases are coming and jamming the system. I think you can try also a USCS inquiry once the case is 90 days approved, but hopefully it will be solved by then. Meanwhile, double check your i140 form to make sure it is assigned to go to consular processing.  

Thanks a lot for the reply . Yes,  not only my I140 application form, but also I have checked the I797 approval notice, both of them (the one I got and the one my lawyer got) and they both explicitly state that "Consulate: NVC" and that "we have sent it to the Department of State National Visa Center" (of course we know that's not true :D ) 

Timeline
19 hours ago, immishok said:

@JBRE22022  @JLVS22BR  Sorry for @-ing you guys but do you happen to know how long it takes for NVC to tell me the result of their contact with USCIS regarding my case transfer? For context,  my case has been approved >60 days ago, I sent an email to NVCResearch@state.gov 4 business days ago and  I got a reply from them today stating that : "We will contact USCIS to determine the location of your petition. You do not need to take any action at this time. Thank you for your patience as we work with USCIS to make sure your case is moving forward."

FWIW, I also contacted USCIS live agent (via Emma) and they told me case transfers processing time right now is 90 days, and so I cannot inquire USCIS directly until then. I hope they just don't give the same answer to NVC!!

Hey @immishok, as @JBRE22022 said this varies a lot from case to case. For example, I had the bad luck to get my case stuck at the USCIS and not being transferred to NVC for a time almost longer than the time that it took to be approved. During that time, I was sending weekly e-mails to the NVC Research address, which usually were replied within two days with that same old message: "we're working with USCIS to locate your case, blah, blah, blah, ..." My lawyer inquired USCIS several times, once they even said that the case was forwarded to NVC (and they even said the date), which later proved that was not true. What really worked for us was to raise an assistance request with the Ombudsman, but in order to do that the case must be stucked for a minimum period of time. I truly hope that this is not your case!

17 minutes ago, JLVS22BR said:

Hey @immishok, as @JBRE22022 said this varies a lot from case to case. For example, I had the bad luck to get my case stuck at the USCIS and not being transferred to NVC for a time almost longer than the time that it took to be approved. During that time, I was sending weekly e-mails to the NVC Research address, which usually were replied within two days with that same old message: "we're working with USCIS to locate your case, blah, blah, blah, ..." My lawyer inquired USCIS several times, once they even said that the case was forwarded to NVC (and they even said the date), which later proved that was not true. What really worked for us was to raise an assistance request with the Ombudsman, but in order to do that the case must be stucked for a minimum period of time. I truly hope that this is not your case!

My plan is to wait another 30 days, raise an inquiry again with NVC and USCIS if nothing happens. if transfer doesn't happen after another 30days, (so my wait time would be a total of 4 months), then I would go with Ombudsman with all my contact history with UCSIS and NVC showing that I have tried and waited long enough.

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 9/21/2022 at 11:50 AM, immishok said:

Mine 80days and counting.... same as you i reach out to NVC and they told me USCIS have not send my approved petition  :(

I really wanna understand what's exactly the reason behind this delay. One would think that it should be as 'time-consuming' as posting something, so it should be done quite fast.

NSC is managing to send cases to NVC in 20 days or less on average (I know someone personally who got their welcome letter 9 calendar days after approval and here we are waiting for months and months).

My guess is that they should enter something in their system before actually posting our case to NVC and I guess the system at TSC has a  glitch or sth  that they haven't managed to fix ...

Timeline
2 minutes ago, immishok said:

I really wanna understand what's exactly the reason behind this delay. One would think that it should be as 'time-consuming' as posting something, so it should be done quite fast.

NSC is managing to send cases to NVC in 20 days or less on average (I know someone personally who got their welcome letter 9 calendar days after approval and here we are waiting for months and months).

My guess is that they should enter something in their system before actually posting our case to NVC and I guess the system at TSC has a  glitch or sth  that they haven't managed to fix ...

At this point it's a known issue to most of the immigration lawyers. Take a look at page 7, item 16, of the most recent AILA Liaison Committee Meeting: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/AILA/AILA-Agenda-06-09-2022.pdfimage.png.b598e8a851d91456e67bd4d7958fd302.png.
USCIS recognizes that it´s a problem, but what we can infer after searching over the forum is that this is basically happening only at the TSC. What impresses me the most is that it still hasn't been resolved.

2 minutes ago, JLVS22BR said:

At this point it's a known issue to most of the immigration lawyers. Take a look at page 7, item 16, of the most recent AILA Liaison Committee Meeting: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/AILA/AILA-Agenda-06-09-2022.pdfimage.png.b598e8a851d91456e67bd4d7958fd302.png.
USCIS recognizes that it´s a problem, but what we can infer after searching over the forum is that this is basically happening only at the TSC. What impresses me the most is that it still hasn't been resolved.

thanks for sending this.  was aware of this and that's why I inferred it must be a system glitch... And I wonder what's special about my case that makes it among those "some approved petitions"?

Timeline
On 9/21/2022 at 11:50 AM, immishok said:

BTW.. I did reach out to USCIS via EMMA around 60days+, the agent did help me submit a ticket to remind the officer to send my approved petition to NVC. He also mention i should get an email from USCIS about this matter in 30days

3 minutes ago, MalaYoon said:

BTW.. I did reach out to USCIS via EMMA around 60days+, the agent did help me submit a ticket to remind the officer to send my approved petition to NVC. He also mention i should get an email from USCIS about this matter in 30days

Wow how did that happen, because this is what I got from the agent I was chatting with (and they immmmediately disconnected the chat!)

image.png.d23218e7f94d3600f6d146c8f3edde3f.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, immishok said:

Wow how did that happen, because this is what I got from the agent I was chatting with (and they immmmediately disconnected the chat!)

image.png.d23218e7f94d3600f6d146c8f3edde3f.png

This is mine. Maybe not all the agent know the details.

USCIS NVC.jpg

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, immishok said:

image.thumb.png.c5e8d30687a23079ffee272248686e3e.png
At long last ... I wish good luck to everyone on this thread waiting for their case to be transferred 🙏

Congratulations.  Hopefully your journey will be smooth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.