JBRE22022

TSC approved I140s not going to NVC

276 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Malaysia
Timeline
On 9/24/2022 at 9:21 AM, immishok said:

image.thumb.png.c5e8d30687a23079ffee272248686e3e.png
At long last ... I wish good luck to everyone on this thread waiting for their case to be transferred 🙏

Congrats!!!

still waiting for mine to be transfer :(

May I know how does your timeline look like??

Just now, MalaYoon said:

Congrats!!!

still waiting for mine to be transfer :(

May I know how does your timeline look like??

Thanks! Hoping yours will get transferred soon. My timeline:

Filed on March 3, 2022. Approved on July 15, 2022 (that's the date on the I797 approval notice, which was a Friday, but on the website, it said July 18,2022) , Transferred to NVC on Sept 23, 2022.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, immishok said:

Thanks! Hoping yours will get transferred soon. My timeline:

Filed on March 3, 2022. Approved on July 15, 2022 (that's the date on the I797 approval notice, which was a Friday, but on the website, it said July 18,2022) , Transferred to NVC on Sept 23, 2022.

Mine got approved July 5th :(

When did you start contacting the NVC?

Just now, MalaYoon said:

Mine got approved July 5th :(

When did you start contacting the NVC?

Contacted them on Aug. 18th and Sept. 16 . First time was told that I need to wait 60 days after approval notice date, next I was told that they will be contacting USCIS and there is no further action I need to take and that I should wait for their notice. Given other people's conversations with NVC both responses were generic responses given the timeline.

I don't know if contacting them helped the transfer or not, but the transfer happened a week after I contacted them, on Sept. 23, although I received the reply to my Sept 16th email on Sept. 21st.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi, I am so glad to find this thread and the forum. My case was approved on 13 Jul 22 and since then there is no response from NVC or USCIS. The case status shows "Case was approved and my decision was emailed". My lawyer contacted NVC on 20 Aug 22 (after 30 days of approval) and then I sent a public inquiry form on 24 Sep 22. Response is still awaited, I don't know what to do except wait, should I go the ombudsman route after 90 days of approval (11 Oct 22)?

Timeline
On 9/30/2022 at 2:42 PM, Sindhieagle said:

@JustHopeful sorry guys. Was really occupied and couldn't come back to this thread. Couple of updates post last time I sent the ombudsman request. Timeline: 

- Jan 28 2021: I-140 submitted 

- Nov 11 2021: Approved 

( so many emails and communications but to no avail) 

- Apr 02 2022: Ombudsman 

- May 23:  The case was transferred to NVC

- Jun 10 : Received the welcome letter from NVC.  1 member of family was missing and contacted NVC,

- Jul 20 : Welcome letter re-issued 

- Jul 28 : paid Fees 

- 16 Aug:  Sent documents via mail to NVC 

- 03 Sep:  Documentarily Qualified Email 

Now currently waiting for interview. 

Thank you for sharing the time line, what is a good time to approach the ombudsman? I reckon its 90 days past the approval, correct? 

Timeline

@Kashraz @Sindhieagle I did reach out to the Ombudsman, after 90days. If you have not reach out to USCIS to raise a ticket (which is extremely difficult to do) , the Ombudsman would not act on your case. Here are the exact words from Ombudsman:

====

We received your request for case assistance and understand the urgency of your request.  The CIS Ombudsman’s Office serves as an office of last resort, you must first contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to try to resolve your matter directly with them prior to contacting our office for case assistance. A cursory review of your submission does not indicate that you previously reached out to USCIS to try to resolve the difficulty you are encountering. You can submit an inquiry to USCIS through one of the following methods:

• By phone at 1-800-375-5283, TDD 1-800-767-1833;
  • By e-Request;
  • By mailing a written request to the USCIS office with jurisdiction over your application or petition; 
  • By emailing LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov for questions about filings mailed to one of the USCIS lockbox locations; or 
  • Refugee applicants can email USCIS directly at refugeeaffairsinquiries@uscis.dhs.gov from your registered email address to seek assistance.  You may also request case status information from the Resettlement Support Center in your region.  

If you wish to obtain additional information and explore USCIS’ Customer Service Tools and Resources, please visit USCIS Tools and Resources | USCISThe CIS Ombudsman’s Office developed a tip sheet on how to most effectively reach out to the USCIS Contact Center.

Please note that once you have contacted USCIS, you must wait the designated amount of time (generally 30 days) to receive a response. If your case is not resolved within 60 days after contacting USCIS, you may then contact the CIS Ombudsman’s Office for case assistance. 

If you believe your request falls under one of the expedite criteria as outlined in the USCIS Policy Manual, you may wish to reach out to USCIS to submit an expedite request. The USCIS Contact Center will provide you with an inquiry number and an estimated timeframe for when you can expect a response on your expedite request. Please note, the CIS Ombudsman’s Office is independent from USCIS, and we do not have the authority to approve expedite requests on USCIS’ behalf. 
For emergency advance parole, please see Emergency Travel | USCIS

We will be closing this request for case assistance with the CIS Ombudsman's Office. However, if you previously contacted USCIS and waited the required time, please reply to this email within five (5) days with information about the communication, including the SRMT number and the date you contacted USCIS. Please also provide copies of any written communication from USCIS

===

Timeline
3 hours ago, MalaYoon said:

@Kashraz @Sindhieagle I did reach out to the Ombudsman, after 90days. If you have not reach out to USCIS to raise a ticket (which is extremely difficult to do) , the Ombudsman would not act on your case. Here are the exact words from Ombudsman:

====

We received your request for case assistance and understand the urgency of your request.  The CIS Ombudsman’s Office serves as an office of last resort, you must first contact U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to try to resolve your matter directly with them prior to contacting our office for case assistance. A cursory review of your submission does not indicate that you previously reached out to USCIS to try to resolve the difficulty you are encountering. You can submit an inquiry to USCIS through one of the following methods:

• By phone at 1-800-375-5283, TDD 1-800-767-1833;
  • By e-Request;
  • By mailing a written request to the USCIS office with jurisdiction over your application or petition; 
  • By emailing LockboxSupport@uscis.dhs.gov for questions about filings mailed to one of the USCIS lockbox locations; or 
  • Refugee applicants can email USCIS directly at refugeeaffairsinquiries@uscis.dhs.gov from your registered email address to seek assistance.  You may also request case status information from the Resettlement Support Center in your region.  

If you wish to obtain additional information and explore USCIS’ Customer Service Tools and Resources, please visit USCIS Tools and Resources | USCISThe CIS Ombudsman’s Office developed a tip sheet on how to most effectively reach out to the USCIS Contact Center.

Please note that once you have contacted USCIS, you must wait the designated amount of time (generally 30 days) to receive a response. If your case is not resolved within 60 days after contacting USCIS, you may then contact the CIS Ombudsman’s Office for case assistance. 

If you believe your request falls under one of the expedite criteria as outlined in the USCIS Policy Manual, you may wish to reach out to USCIS to submit an expedite request. The USCIS Contact Center will provide you with an inquiry number and an estimated timeframe for when you can expect a response on your expedite request. Please note, the CIS Ombudsman’s Office is independent from USCIS, and we do not have the authority to approve expedite requests on USCIS’ behalf. 
For emergency advance parole, please see Emergency Travel | USCIS

We will be closing this request for case assistance with the CIS Ombudsman's Office. However, if you previously contacted USCIS and waited the required time, please reply to this email within five (5) days with information about the communication, including the SRMT number and the date you contacted USCIS. Please also provide copies of any written communication from USCIS

===

So, after approval on 13 Jul, my lawyer sent an email on 14 Sep, then I sent a public inquiry form on 24 Sep, again chatted with USCIS live agent on 1 Oct 22, who told me that I must contact again after 90 days of approval ie 13 Oct. So my plan is to contact live agent through Emma on 14 Oct and then file for ombudsman on 24 Nov (60 days after public inquiry).... 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kashraz said:

So, after approval on 13 Jul, my lawyer sent an email on 14 Sep, then I sent a public inquiry form on 24 Sep, again chatted with USCIS live agent on 1 Oct 22, who told me that I must contact again after 90 days of approval ie 13 Oct. So my plan is to contact live agent through Emma on 14 Oct and then file for ombudsman on 24 Nov (60 days after public inquiry).... 

Did you get a response from the public inquiry ? 

Timeline
13 hours ago, MalaYoon said:

Did you get a response from the public inquiry ? 

Nothing yet, I guess it's qued up, as of 3 Oct they are responding to inquiries received on 13 Aug... I sent on 24 Sep so waiting for another month... 

On 9/22/2022 at 4:52 PM, MalaYoon said:

Mine 80days and counting.... same as you i reach out to NVC and they told me USCIS have not send my approved petition  :(

On 9/22/2022 at 5:02 PM, immishok said:

I really wanna understand what's exactly the reason behind this delay. One would think that it should be as 'time-consuming' as posting something, so it should be done quite fast.

NSC is managing to send cases to NVC in 20 days or less on average (I know someone personally who got their welcome letter 9 calendar days after approval and here we are waiting for months and months).

My guess is that they should enter something in their system before actually posting our case to NVC and I guess the system at TSC has a  glitch or sth  that they haven't managed to fix ...

I still waiting too.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.