Hamada91

Found some mistakes in my N400 application

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

after submitting my application which my wife and i prepared together, I’ve discovered some mistakes  in the following sections:

Part 2, point 2 (Given name) 
Part 2, point 13 
Part 9, point 1 

Part 10, point 8 
Part 12, point 13 
Part 14 preparer information

Will this deny my application during the interview or raise a red flag ? 

If so, can i withdraw my application and start a new one ? 

thank you! 

3 hours ago, randy32 said:

Thank you. I’ve also googled it and most people (Based on individuals’s true experiences) say everything can be corrected during the interview as long as i bring it up to the officer prior taking my oath.  

TBH, i don’t know how these mistakes happened. My wife and I don’t recall making these silly mistakes and I’ve heard online applications have glitches sometimes and answers change !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Correct at interview 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
6 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

Online.

5 hours ago, Hamada91 said:

TBH, i don’t know how these mistakes happened. My wife and I don’t recall making these silly mistakes and I’ve heard online applications have glitches sometimes and answers change !

Alex: two clues left in round 2. @Mike E your turn

@Mike E:  Alex I’ll take “best and worst for $600”

Alex:   “You hit the daily double, you can wager up to $10,000 and you are ahead of nearest competitor has $4600”

@Mike E: “I’ll wager $10,000”

Alex: “Answer: Worst software development shop in the world”

@Mike E: “What USCIS?”

Alex: “You’re right and with that you lead your nearest opponent $20,000 to $4600. The last clue is  $200 and Merv told me we are going to call the game now.  @Mike E you are the new jeopardy champion!

—-

This is a common problem with online filing.  I don’t recommend it, didn’t do it for myself, and my wife won’t be doing it for her.  

Correct at interview.  

Someday online filers are going to find to their surprise that they falsely claimed to be a U.S. citizen, and good luck correcting that at the interview. 

What trash. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I would contact them prior to the interview. They might make the changes in the actual interview as others mentioned, but you never know what is the personal preference of the officer that is handling your case, so it is always better to notify first. Also, looking at some of the errors you mentioned:

Part 2, point 2 (Given name) - Seems like an important info. Filling it online, the resulting form is showing mine all in upper case, so if the error is something like that, or some space or special character that was added/removed, it's their system; you can ignore it.
Part 2, point 13 - this one the system might look based on age; if you are less than 50 years old, it is probably blank by default. If that's the case, it's also not an error; ignore it.
Part 9, point 1 - it sums up automatically based on the dates provided in Part 9 point 3; so if there's an error it should be in 9.3.

Part 10, point 8 - some people think that if they are currently married, it should be "1"; but no, it should be "0". The question is for previous marriages prior to the current (the way they word it when filling online makes more sense, than in the resulting pdf); if that's the case, it's not an error, ignore it. If your case is the other way, you forgot to count a previous marriage, than it's a real issue, go after correcting it.
Part 12, point 13 - another one that goes based on age; if you are not old enough for that to be relevant, yours should be blank (considering you filled it online); so, again, not an error, you can ignore it.
Part 14 preparer information - Part 14 is for interpreters, if you used an interpreter (I would not think so, since you are here, in a forum in English), then it is important that it is filled, if not, it should be blank (when filling online).

So, for almost all of the points you mentioned, I would point out they came as different for me as well. If I had filled in by paper, they all would have been a bit different, specially the Part 9, where they seem to count the amount of days in between the departure/arrival dates, thus counting one less day per trip. But is just how their logic works, those are not random glitches, that is consistent behavior (for the system), but just not what some would expect, thus some get surprised when they see the filled form after.

I had a similar issue, and some answers appeared blank, and they were just corrected at the interview. Seems like a common occurrence,  the officer didn’t make a big deal out of it at all. 

Adjustment of Status

Nov-07-2014 Sent I-130,I-485, I-131, I-765 to Chicago via USPS Express Mail

Nov-10-2014 AOS Delivered

Nov-14-2014 NOA Date

Dec-12-2014 (Day 35) Biometrics Taken

Jan-2-2015 (Day 56)Text MSGs received - interview date -2/5/15!

Feb-2-2015 - EAD/AP arrived

Feb-5-2015 - Interview day. GC in production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.