Southernboy123

Green Card Timeframe?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

So arrived in the US in November last year on an IR1 visa,  and received my SSN by mail within 10 days of arrival. As of now I have still yet to receive my Green card, we paid our immigrant visa fee last August before entering. It has now passed the 90 days after arriving and on contacting USCIS was advised to wait until 120 days has passed, this also passed a couple of weeks ago and still no Green card. 

Anybody any ideas on just how long things are taking right now?  

21 minutes ago, igoyougoduke said:

it can take up to 1 year. who knows how fast uscis processes now a days. what do you need the card for ? you already have a visa stamp in passport 

Because unfortunately just having a ‘stamp in my passport’ IN MY EXPERIENCE thus far has led to a temporary drivers licence being issued which is not for federal use…..trying to be e-verified for my job will not accept said drivers licence as ID for this reason nor accept my ‘stamp in passport’. It seems nobody understands the ‘stamp in passport’ So yes having the physical card will be a lot easier to get things done. This is why I’m curious how long the card will take to be issued aside from the fact it’s over the given processing times and then some.

Thank you for your post.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:20 PM, Southernboy123 said:

Hi all

So arrived in the US in November last year on an IR1 visa,  and received my SSN by mail within 10 days of arrival. As of now I have still yet to receive my Green card, we paid our immigrant visa fee last August before entering. It has now passed the 90 days after arriving and on contacting USCIS was advised to wait until 120 days has passed, this also passed a couple of weeks ago and still no Green card. 

Took me 89 days from entry beginning of Nov on ir1. Hope you hear from them soon

*** Moved from USCIS Service Centers to General Immigration-Related Discussion, where topics related to GC (non)delivery are discussed ***

On 4/4/2022 at 5:20 PM, Southernboy123 said:

Check the recent posts in the tracking thread below.  In my case, 120+ days after POE, still no plastic GC 😒

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.