Dallas, Texas Field Office. 🙌

Damn, congrats!

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

New York/Brooklyn Office 

04/28/22 Received Date

*** Interview scheduled for 11/07/22

So happy with the movement!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Kian C said:

Also Brooklyn! 4/27/22 Received Date but Interview is bit later than you in November.

Congrats!!! I thought it was quick since this seemed faster than the previous applications but then got on here and realized NY is still the slowest 😂

Edited by Snowy1202

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/30/2022 at 12:28 PM, Jake & Tracie said:

Congratulations to you both. Ooh paper burning sounds like the perfect celebration 🍾 

Actually paper burning + sparkling wine ;) (American sparkling wine)

*** N400 Citizenshi🇺🇸

Filed online: Apr 16, 2022

Interview APPROVED: Sep 28, 2022

Oath Ceremony: Sep 28, 2022

I-751 Green Card ROC

Mailed: Dec 6, 2018

Interview APPROVED: Oct 12, 2021 

EAD / AP / AOS

Filed at Chicago Lockbox: Mar 4, 2016

EAD and AP APPROVED: Apr 26, 2016

Green Card interview APPROVED: Dec 12, 2016

K1 - UK to USA

Proposed: Aug 7, 2015

Mailed I-129F: Aug 18, 2015

K1 visa APPROVED: Dec 2, 2015

P.O.E. @ Las Vegas: Jan 10, 2016

Elvis Wedding: Feb 19, 2016

Hey everyone,

I haven't been really active in here, but wanted to share my N400 journey as I know if can be helpful to others.

4/12/2022: Mailed application (5 years based application, but within 90 days before reaching the 5 years mark)

4/14/2022: Notice of application received (this actually took a few more days, but I'm referring to the timestamps that I can see in My USCIS account)

4/19/2022: Biometric Reuse notice

8/27/2022: Interview scheduled for 10/12/2022 (Newark, NJ)

10/12/2022: Interview & Oath cerimony on the same day. Walked out with my Naturalization Certificate in hands.

Although there wasn't a large number of people on the day of the interview, it seems their system were slow that day. I spent a total of 6 hours there (not counting the the 30 minutes I arrived earlier than my appointment). 3 hours waiting to be interviewed and another 2:30 hours waiting for the Oath Ceremony. USCIS employees were generally nice and welcoming. The only thing that I think could have been better was just letting the applicants know of the delay, so they could probably get some water or food. For the whole six hours I noticed no one else felt good enough to step out of the waiting room (there was a cafe in another floor) because they were afraid of being called and not being there. Although it was a long day, I left their office happy as my journey comes to and end.

In terms of the actual interview, there wasn't any surprise really. As I mentioned, people were nice and that included the interviewer as well. If you do any research/watch YouTube videos, you know what to expect. In my case, it was even simpler than I planned for. Here's how it went:

- A bit of chitchat as we walked to the interview room. Soon enough, the interviewer spotted that my career path was similar to their family members. That made the conversation more casual and helped me relax a little more.

- The only documents the interviewer asked was my green card, driver's license and most recent passport (of course, the appointment letter was collected at the checkin when I got the the office).

- They started with a reading test, then writing, then civics. No surprises here at all. I mostly used the Citizen Now app and that helped me immensely. YouTube videos were helpful too.

- They didn't go through my entire N-400 during the interview, but they did ask every Yes/No question at the end of the form. But a friend of mine who interviewed a few weeks back did go through the entire application, so I would recommend being familiar with what you filed and making sure you know of any changes and corrections you need to make.

- Many times during the interview, the interviewer would go back to topics related to our chitchat and our other common topics between us. Again, that only helped me relaxing a bit more. I never really felt they were challenging me or anything, but more like making sure I was setup for success.

- At the end of the interview, they told me that in NJ they can do Oath Ceremonies the same day, so they gave me a letter confirming I passed all tests and that I was recommended for approval. Then I went to the upper floor where they do ceremonies and waited until they called everyone to be sworned in. At the end, everyone received their certificates.

It's been quite a journey. I can comfortably say that naturalization has been, probably, the least stressful of any immigration process I've been through in the US. Of course there's a pressure of an interview. But my recommendation is: prepare for it and it will be fine. It's not hard.

For me, I can finally say that I won't need to go through lengthy and stressful processes again. But, even more important for me is to reunite with my wife, who is going through her own residency process now. As we're apart for now, this is definitely more challenging. Will turn my attention to that now.

Good luck to you all!

On 10/14/2022 at 6:59 PM, MandMs said:

Hey everyone,

I haven't been really active in here, but wanted to share my N400 journey as I know if can be helpful to others.

4/12/2022: Mailed application (5 years based application, but within 90 days before reaching the 5 years mark)

4/14/2022: Notice of application received (this actually took a few more days, but I'm referring to the timestamps that I can see in My USCIS account)

4/19/2022: Biometric Reuse notice

8/27/2022: Interview scheduled for 10/12/2022 (Newark, NJ)

10/12/2022: Interview & Oath cerimony on the same day. Walked out with my Naturalization Certificate in hands.

Although there wasn't a large number of people on the day of the interview, it seems their system were slow that day. I spent a total of 6 hours there (not counting the the 30 minutes I arrived earlier than my appointment). 3 hours waiting to be interviewed and another 2:30 hours waiting for the Oath Ceremony. USCIS employees were generally nice and welcoming. The only thing that I think could have been better was just letting the applicants know of the delay, so they could probably get some water or food. For the whole six hours I noticed no one else felt good enough to step out of the waiting room (there was a cafe in another floor) because they were afraid of being called and not being there. Although it was a long day, I left their office happy as my journey comes to and end.

In terms of the actual interview, there wasn't any surprise really. As I mentioned, people were nice and that included the interviewer as well. If you do any research/watch YouTube videos, you know what to expect. In my case, it was even simpler than I planned for. Here's how it went:

- A bit of chitchat as we walked to the interview room. Soon enough, the interviewer spotted that my career path was similar to their family members. That made the conversation more casual and helped me relax a little more.

- The only documents the interviewer asked was my green card, driver's license and most recent passport (of course, the appointment letter was collected at the checkin when I got the the office).

- They started with a reading test, then writing, then civics. No surprises here at all. I mostly used the Citizen Now app and that helped me immensely. YouTube videos were helpful too.

- They didn't go through my entire N-400 during the interview, but they did ask every Yes/No question at the end of the form. But a friend of mine who interviewed a few weeks back did go through the entire application, so I would recommend being familiar with what you filed and making sure you know of any changes and corrections you need to make.

- Many times during the interview, the interviewer would go back to topics related to our chitchat and our other common topics between us. Again, that only helped me relaxing a bit more. I never really felt they were challenging me or anything, but more like making sure I was setup for success.

- At the end of the interview, they told me that in NJ they can do Oath Ceremonies the same day, so they gave me a letter confirming I passed all tests and that I was recommended for approval. Then I went to the upper floor where they do ceremonies and waited until they called everyone to be sworned in. At the end, everyone received their certificates.

It's been quite a journey. I can comfortably say that naturalization has been, probably, the least stressful of any immigration process I've been through in the US. Of course there's a pressure of an interview. But my recommendation is: prepare for it and it will be fine. It's not hard.

For me, I can finally say that I won't need to go through lengthy and stressful processes again. But, even more important for me is to reunite with my wife, who is going through her own residency process now. As we're apart for now, this is definitely more challenging. Will turn my attention to that now.

Good luck to you all!

Congratulations and thanks for share your experience 

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

Hello Everyone,

I can finally say that my Immigration Journey is over.😀

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, it really helped me a lot.

Here is my Timeline

04/03/2022: Application N-400-Online-3 years rule-K1 Visa

04/03/2022: Notice of application received-Online

04/03/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice-Online

09/10/2022: Interview scheduled for 10/15/2022 (Mt. Laurel, NJ)

10/15/2022: Interview & Oath Ceremony 

Everything was very fast; my interview was scheduled for 12:45pm, the officer called me at 12:52pm and it was done by 1:05pm

Questions:

1)If both the president and the VP can no longer serve, who becomes president? The speaker of the House.

2)What is the name of the speaker of the house? Nancy Pelosi

3) We elect a U.S Senator for how many years?  6

4)There are four amendments to the constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them. - Citizens 18 and older can vote. 

5)Who is the Father of our Country? George Washington 

6)Who was the first president? George Washington

Reading:

When is Columbus Day?

Writing:

Columbus Day is in October

Then the officer went through the N-400 Application, she asked me some of the Yes/No questions and the meaning of “Claimed” and “Constitution”.

After that she said CONGRATULATIONS and told me that they had a Ceremony scheduled for 2:00pm and if I wanted to wait and I said 'YES". The Ceremony last around 30 minutes.

Thanks again and I wish you all the best in your journey.

Edited by SHIQUILO

6 hours ago, SHIQUILO said:

Hello Everyone,

I can finally say that my Immigration Journey is over.😀

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, it really helped me a lot.

Here is my Timeline

04/03/2022: Application N-400-Online-3 years rule-K1 Visa

04/03/2022: Notice of application received-Online

04/03/2022: Biometric Reuse Notice-Online

09/10/2022: Interview scheduled for 10/15/2022 (Mt. Laurel, NJ)

10/15/2022: Interview & Oath Ceremony 

Everything was very fast; my interview was scheduled for 12:45pm, the officer called me at 12:52pm and it was done by 1:05pm

Questions:

1)If both the president and the VP can no longer serve, who becomes president? The speaker of the House.

2)What is the name of the speaker of the house? Nancy Pelosi

3) We elect a U.S Senator for how many years?  6

4)There are four amendments to the constitution about who can vote. Describe one of them. - Citizens 18 and older can vote. 

5)Who is the Father of our Country? George Washington 

6)Who was the first president? George Washington

Reading:

When is Columbus Day?

Writing:

Columbus Day is in October

Then the officer went through the N-400 Application, she asked me some of the Yes/No questions and the meaning of “Claimed” and “Constitution”.

After that she said CONGRATULATIONS and told me that they had a Ceremony scheduled for 2:00pm and if I wanted to wait and I said 'YES". The Ceremony last around 30 minutes.

Thanks again and I wish you all the best in your journey.

Congrats on the successful of your journey.

Could you please show where to learn the meaning of the words? I just practice 100 questions, reading and writing, but first time heard about asking the word meaning.

Thank you

2 hours ago, Balakasha said:

Congrats on the successful of your journey.

Could you please show where to learn the meaning of the words? I just practice 100 questions, reading and writing, but first time heard about asking the word meaning.

Thank you

Thank you!

Sure, I watched some videos on YouTube regarding the meaning of the words on the N-400 application, I didn't know about that either until one day I was listening to the videos on YouTube, and it started playing that one by accident. 

This is one of them (1) 30 MOST ASKED N400 VOCABULARY | 2022 N-400 Naturalization Interview - YouTube and she has more on her YouTube channel. 

I also printed these pages:  updatedvocabn400.pdf (literacymn.org).

Good to see some are getting approved.

i am waiting i-751 for one year and six months, n-400 i am waiting for six months now.

immigration should work faster, in my case all this delay will put my case behind, because my husband is having serious bipolar problems and doesn’t want help or medicine, and i can not stay longer, it is terrible the situation, so i guess i will apply for a waiver base on divorce and lost the money of n-400.

K1 2017

Aos sent April 2018

Aos interview July 2018

Work permit September2018

Aos approved July 24, 2019.

Roc April 27, 2021

Biometric reused june 28, 2021

N-400 online April 27, 2022 base on 3 years rule, biometric reused.

N-400 interview on December 12, 2022 combo interview i-751. Approved.

January 11, 2023 oath ceremony, Indianapolis. After that done with uscis😂🤭🤫

I took my oath ceremony in Indianapolis, it was a nice ceremony, where people from 35 coutry become american citizen.

01/11/2023 officially done with uscis :)

🤣

January 13, 2023 apply for us passport.( regular service).

March 11, 2023 passport in hand

12 hours ago, SHIQUILO said:

Thank you!

Sure, I watched some videos on YouTube regarding the meaning of the words on the N-400 application, I didn't know about that either until one day I was listening to the videos on YouTube, and it started playing that one by accident. 

This is one of them (1) 30 MOST ASKED N400 VOCABULARY | 2022 N-400 Naturalization Interview - YouTube and she has more on her YouTube channel. 

I also printed these pages:  updatedvocabn400.pdf (literacymn.org).

Thanks so much. Wish my journey would finish soon.

2 hours ago, Balakasha said:

Thanks so much. Wish my journey would finish soon.

You are welcome!

It will end soon, wish you the best!

Finally a citizen. :) 

My interview happened this week at the Newark NJ office. My appointment was at 8:30. I reached at 7:30. There was a small line to get inside the building. 

Security is airport style. I got inside the the building at 7:45 and took the elevator to 15th floor. At the check in desk, security verified my id and N400 appointment letter. 

Once inside, I submitted my appointment letter to the check in desk. Check in officer asked me to sit and wait for my name to be called out. There were 50 to 60 people in the room. I was called to meet with the officer at 9:15. 

The officer first began with civics questions first. 

1)  When was the constitution written?

2) What are 2 Cabinet level positions?

3) Why did colonists fight the British?

4) What did Susan Anthony do?

5) Name one American Indian tribe.

6) Who makes federal laws?

I got first 6 questions right. We then moved to reading and writing sections of the test, which I cleared as well. 

The officer then began reviewing my application in detail. The officer asked me to verify current address, date of birth, date of marriage and contact details. I was then asked for my 10 year Green card (didn't get it back),  marriage certificate and spouse's certificate of naturalization.Then I was asked Yes/No questions (part 12).

I was then asked to verify my details (name, date of birth, address) & sign on a tablet. I was told that my application was recommended for approval. I was handed an interview cleared letter and told to sit outside until my name was called for oath ceremony.  The interview lasted 15 minutes. 

Oath ceremony happened more an hour later at 10:45. About 30 people took the oath with me  All of us were handed the naturalization certificate along with another packet containing key rights as a US citizen, voting information and passport application details. 

My experience was great at Newark. USCIS team at Newark is very friendly and ready to address any questions. 

Timeline: 

N400 submitted online - April 25th. (I-751 approved in January)

N400 Receipt - April 25th

Biometrics Waiver notice - April 25th

Interview scheduled - October 20th

Case Approved - October 20th (Same day oath)

Overall, it took me about 6 months from application to approval. 

•  
Edited by Immi_Matter

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Since today is Nov 1, the USCIS estimated time automatically went down to 2 months remaining. Dec 1 will be 1 month remaining and Jan 1 will be we have no freaking idea how long it will take  🤣😭  😭😭

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.