14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello!
We finally got our interview scheduled for the end of April, 2022. I started gather all the paperwork we need to bring according to the Interview Invitation we got on the mail.

So I did a checklist of the things we are bringing to the interview. Would you guys mind taking a look to it and tell me what do you think about it or if we are missing any important documentation. Thank you so much in advance for taking the time. :):D

AOS from B-2 visa through Immediate Relative (US Citizen Spouse)

CHECKLIST AOS Interview Green Card

1. Interview Notice
  2. Government Issued Photo Identification (My Peruvian Passport)
  3. Medical Examination Sealed Envelope (I am re doing it since I messed it up the first time and even now they are waiving the period I don't want to risk it)
  4. Affidavit’s Evidence:
    • Federal Income Tax Return (2021) Filed Joint, both our names appear
    • W2
    • Letters current Employer
    • Latest 4 pay stubs
  5. My EAD Card (still unemployed :()
  6. Most recent I-94
  7. My Birth Certificate
  8. My SSN
  9. Marriage certificate (certified copy)
  10. Spouse Birth Certificate
  11. Spouse Passport
  12. Spouse SSN
  13. All other NOAs received 
  14. Evidence of relationship
    • Letter from bank stating we have joint account, and monthly statements
    • Apartment Lease copy
    • Renters insurance copy
    • Copy of benefits coverage and life insurance from work (you + spouse)
    • Covid-19 Vaccination Record cards stating we went together
    • Letters my parents-in-law and friends sent us for our Marriage and holidays
    • Photographs of us together (Everything from the last photo album I sent in the original package: trips, holidays with my in-laws, pictures with friends)
  • a copy of everything above

We already filed the I-864 (affidavit), we didn't get any REF so we are just bringing the current paperwork since we just filed our tax as married.

Just to confirm, every paperwork that we bring is basically the originals and about our pictures for evidence, basically the Part 2 of the pictures we had at the time of filing one year ago, or do I need to print again whatever we sent in the original file?

Should we bring more random stuff like our Costco membership, Nintendo membership or things like that we have together?

Thanks again!

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

Feb 24th, 2021: USCIS received the package

Apr 5th, 2021: Package rejected, received back (Payment issue)

Apr 6th, 2021: Resent Package through USPS

Apr 7th, 2021: USCIS received the package @ Chicago Lockbox

May 21st, 2021: Checks cashed

May 23rd, 2021: Received the Text Messages with receipt number 

July 2nd, 2021: I-693 Deficiency Notice Received

July 8th, 2021: Expedite Request Received

July 16th, 2021: Received Fingerprint Appointment Letter

August 6th, 2021: Fingerprints Taken

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

November 17th, 2021: EAD Delivered

March 15th, 2022: Interview Scheduled

April 21th, 2022: Interview / New Card Being Produced

April 22th, 2022: Case Was Approved

Our “shared stuff” included everything on your list.

Good idea to update your taxes.  We are in “tax season gray area” but often they ask.  Now you can hand them over.

Easy stuff (usually) to get that we added.  Some are “financial” in nature and some are “shared address” in nature.

Matching drivers licenses

Joint car insurance

Shared mobile account (AT&T)

Shared credit cards (at our AOS interview he asked, we showed him our cards with same CC number but different names, and he copied them and put them in his file)

She needed a car when she got here, I bought one with me on the loan and both of us on the title.  Registration had both our names.  We submitted that registration as evidence of joint ownership

Now each one of us individually owns one, but they’re both registered to the same address.  If asked again, we’d submit them both

We did bring a little picture album.  About 15 pics from different trips, visits with family

”Random stuff” with your names and address together like menberships, etc always add value.  Add them.  If we had them, I would have put them in our package.

We did not bother with affidavits or letters.  They have low evidentiary value.  Ongoing, joint business is what they are looking for.

He asked if we were carrying our keys.  We said yes.  He asked for them, asked which is the house key, held them up, matched them.  Clever.

The keys were all identical anyway but that was kind of smart of him.

Good luck

Edited by iwannaplay54

Timeline
14 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

Our “shared stuff” included everything on your list.

Good idea to update your taxes.  We are in “tax season gray area” but often they ask.  Now you can hand them over.

Easy stuff (usually) to get that we added.  Some are “financial” in nature and some are “shared address” in nature.

Matching drivers licenses

Joint car insurance

Shared mobile account (AT&T)

Shared credit cards (at our AOS interview he asked, we showed him our cards with same CC number but different names, and he copied them and put them in his file)

She needed a car when she got here, I bought one with me on the loan and both of us on the title.  Registration had both our names.  We submitted that registration as evidence of joint ownership

Now each one of us individually owns one, but they’re both registered to the same address.  If asked again, we’d submit them both

We did bring a little picture album.  About 15 pics from different trips, visits with family

”Random stuff” with your names and address together like menberships, etc always add value.  Add them.  If we had them, I would have put them in our package.

We did not bother with affidavits or letters.  They have low evidentiary value.  Ongoing, joint business is what they are looking for.

He asked if we were carrying our keys.  We said yes.  He asked for them, asked which is the house key, held them up, matched them.  Clever.

The keys were all identical anyway but that was kind of smart of him.

Good luck

Thank you so much! Very valuable information you gave me, definitely will add some of them that are easy. I'm going to ask my husband to add me into the car insurance if possible.

About the keys, you are right! very smart!

Our Journey:

Feb 18th, 2021: Package sent, including: I-130 + I-130A, I-485 + I944 + I-693 + I-864, I-765) and I-131 through USPS

August 9th, 2021: Changed of Address request AR-11online (Beneficiary) and filed I-865 Address Change of my husband (Sponsor)

August 13th, 2021: Confirmation mail: Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline
On 3/22/2022 at 9:57 PM, alv&josh said:

Hello!
We finally got our interview scheduled for the end of April, 2022. I started gather all the paperwork we need to bring according to the Interview Invitation we got on the mail.

So I did a checklist of the things we are bringing to the interview. Would you guys mind taking a look to it and tell me what do you think about it or if we are missing any important documentation. Thank you so much in advance for taking the time. :):D

AOS from B-2 visa through Immediate Relative (US Citizen Spouse)

CHECKLIST AOS Interview Green Card

1. Interview Notice
  2. Government Issued Photo Identification (My Peruvian Passport)
  3. Medical Examination Sealed Envelope (I am re doing it since I messed it up the first time and even now they are waiving the period I don't want to risk it)
  4. Affidavit’s Evidence:
    • Federal Income Tax Return (2021) Filed Joint, both our names appear
    • W2
    • Letters current Employer
    • Latest 4 pay stubs
  5. My EAD Card (still unemployed :()
  6. Most recent I-94
  7. My Birth Certificate
  8. My SSN
  9. Marriage certificate (certified copy)
  10. Spouse Birth Certificate
  11. Spouse Passport
  12. Spouse SSN
  13. All other NOAs received 
  14. Evidence of relationship
    • Letter from bank stating we have joint account, and monthly statements
    • Apartment Lease copy
    • Renters insurance copy
    • Copy of benefits coverage and life insurance from work (you + spouse)
    • Covid-19 Vaccination Record cards stating we went together
    • Letters my parents-in-law and friends sent us for our Marriage and holidays
    • Photographs of us together (Everything from the last photo album I sent in the original package: trips, holidays with my in-laws, pictures with friends)
  • a copy of everything above

We already filed the I-864 (affidavit), we didn't get any REF so we are just bringing the current paperwork since we just filed our tax as married.

Just to confirm, every paperwork that we bring is basically the originals and about our pictures for evidence, basically the Part 2 of the pictures we had at the time of filing one year ago, or do I need to print again whatever we sent in the original file?

Should we bring more random stuff like our Costco membership, Nintendo membership or things like that we have together?

Thanks again!

Good luck with your interview. Can u let me know when was your case DQ?

Thanks!

Timeline
13 hours ago, Kel22 said:

Good luck with your interview. Can u let me know when was your case DQ?

Thanks!

Thanks!! Sent on april 7th and accepted my USCIS on May 23rd.

When is yours??

Our Journey:

Timeline
15 hours ago, Kel22 said:

We were DQ back in Sep21. Good luck to you!

thank you! my case now is "new card being produced"

Our Journey:

5 hours ago, alv&josh said:

thank you! my case now is "new card being produced"

Congrats! May I ask how long it took for it to change to that from "case approved"?

asdf

Timeline

Thanks!! No, it changed from interview scheduled to “Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed” right after the interview, and 5h after it changed to “New Card is Being Produced”. It doesn’t say “case approved yet”

Our Journey:

30 minutes ago, alv&josh said:

Thanks!! No, it changed from interview scheduled to “Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed” right after the interview, and 5h after it changed to “New Card is Being Produced”. It doesn’t say “case approved yet”

Oh man how is this never the same for anyone 😂 we had our interview on Monday and both 130 & 485 changed to "case approved" on Tuesday, but no "card produced" thus far. Thank you though!

asdf

Timeline
1 hour ago, ghostinthemachine said:

Oh man how is this never the same for anyone 😂 we had our interview on Monday and both 130 & 485 changed to "case approved" on Tuesday, but no "card produced" thus far. Thank you though!

Well maybe you missed the notification because my case just turnt to "Case Approved", and the "New Card Being Produced" disappeared from the Case History part.

Our Journey:

1 hour ago, alv&josh said:

Well maybe you missed the notification because my case just turnt to "Case Approved", and the "New Card Being Produced" disappeared from the Case History part.

I actually got the card produced message a couple of hours ago as well. Can still see the case approved message though too 😊

asdf

Timeline

Just got my card on the mail!!!! One week after my interview

Our Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.