Don0

Lacking evidence?

11 posts in this topic

Hi VJ community! I hope you're all doing fine. I'm looking through the threads for evidence, formats amd such and I feel like we lack evidence?

I am filing this May and am starting to list what we can send as evidence. But we so far only have our child's documents (bc, baptism, passport, etc.) And a joint account which we only save to and tramsactions are more for rent in checks. We dont pay the utilities or have mortgage or have properties under both our names. We do have some files with the same addresses (we moved to another city last year). We do have a lot of pictures though and some trips. Aside from these, I dont know what else to give them.

Can anyone share more stuff we can maybe give as evidence? Thanks a lot!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Can anyone share more stuff we can maybe give as evidence? Thanks a lot!

* List each other as beneficiaries on your life insurance, 401k, and other individually held financial accounts 

* did you have usps informed delivery since entering the USA? If so, show samples, at least one for every  3 months, showing that mail was addressed to each of you (or preferably both of you on the same envelope) that shows you were both being sent mail to the same address.  

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

* List each other as beneficiaries on your life insurance, 401k, and other individually held financial accounts 

* did you have usps informed delivery since entering the USA? If so, show samples, at least one for every  3 months, showing that mail was addressed to each of you (or preferably both of you on the same envelope) that shows you were both being sent mail to the same address.  

Hi! Oh yeah, he listed me and my son as beneficiaries. I forgot about that! Thank you!

Yes we did. I can provide those too. But the only mail that has both our names is the bank statements. Wouldn't it be redundant? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Hi! Oh yeah, he listed me and my son as beneficiaries. I forgot about that! Thank you!

Yes we did. I can provide those too. But the only mail that has both our names is the bank statements. Wouldn't it be redundant? 

Provide mail items to each you showing the same address.  So for example  if one person gets the phone bill and the other gets the  internet bill show usps informed delivery images of both bills since they show the same address.  

1 hour ago, Don0 said:

We included kiddos birth certificates, matched drivers licenses, matched car insurance, matched health insurance, matched lease/mortgage, beneficiary info life/retirement, matched credit cards, matched bank accounts, matched cell accounts (matched meaning joint or both listed on the account).  We even tossed in his/hers car registrations - even though each of us own one they’re registered to the same address and under joint insurance.

Lease had everyone in the condo listed, mortgage was joint, deed was joint as well, forgot that.

That’s everything an “average” couple would have.  Most “bills” are sent to one or the other and are rarely “joint”.

Hope that helps.

Edited by iwannaplay54

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
7 hours ago, Don0 said:

I am filing this May and am starting to list what we can send as evidence. But we so far only have our child's documents (bc, baptism, passport, etc.) And a joint account which we only save to and tramsactions are more for rent in checks. We dont pay the utilities or have mortgage or have properties under both our names. We do have some files with the same addresses (we moved to another city last year). We do have a lot of pictures though and some trips. Aside from these, I dont know what else to give them

Joint Tax transcripts for each year of marriage

W2 / 1099 from each of you for each year of marriage (have common address on them) even old addresses are good as long as your spouse live at the address at same time

Copy of state issue IDs or Driver's licenses with common address (Current and old)

Any state or local documents with your common address (School, state tax, car ownership)

Get an affidavit from your current or past landlord, building supervisor, relative, or employer that you live with your spouse and children.

Common Insurance (health, car, life)

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

7 hours ago, da95826 said:

Joint Tax transcripts for each year of marriage

W2 / 1099 from each of you for each year of marriage (have common address on them) even old addresses are good as long as your spouse live at the address at same time

Copy of state issue IDs or Driver's licenses with common address (Current and old)

Any state or local documents with your common address (School, state tax, car ownership)

Get an affidavit from your current or past landlord, building supervisor, relative, or employer that you live with your spouse and children.

Common Insurance (health, car, life)

Nice! Thank you for this. Maybe you happen to know, do we need to give an explanation on the change of address?

7 hours ago, iwannaplay54 said:

We included kiddos birth certificates, matched drivers licenses, matched car insurance, matched health insurance, matched lease/mortgage, beneficiary info life/retirement, matched credit cards, matched bank accounts, matched cell accounts (matched meaning joint or both listed on the account).  We even tossed in his/hers car registrations - even though each of us own one they’re registered to the same address and under joint insurance.

Lease had everyone in the condo listed, mortgage was joint, deed was joint as well, forgot that.

That’s everything an “average” couple would have.  Most “bills” are sent to one or the other and are rarely “joint”.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much! Yes, most bills are to my husband's as he is the one working. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Don0 said:

Nice! Thank you for this. Maybe you happen to know, do we need to give an explanation on the change of address?

You can provide a narrative in your cover letter that explains your address history explaining that you and your spouse lived at each specific address during each time period. As long as you and your spouse live together at each address it does not matter USCIS that you lived at more than one address. 

You should plan on providing a cover letter that summarizes your evidence you enclose with the i751 application and explaining any special circumstances like moving, or any special living arrangement (living with family or special living arrangements like utilities are included in rent).

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

1 hour ago, Don0 said:

Thank you so much! Yes, most bills are to my husband's as he is the one working. 

Same with ours HOWEVER in the past renters insurance then homeowners/flood was in both our names.  Forgot to add that.  Used that one for 3-yr N-400 in addition to the list above.

Something as simple as your fishing licenses are “official” documents with your names on matching addresses.

The list I gave you is a good one, everything is solid co-mingling evidence. 

On the address change, we never explained anything like that.  I faithfully updated, she faithfully updated.  They had a record (somewhere) of address changes but never asked about it.

Edited by iwannaplay54

On 3/20/2022 at 6:15 PM, da95826 said:

You can provide a narrative in your cover letter that explains your address history explaining that you and your spouse lived at each specific address during each time period. As long as you and your spouse live together at each address it does not matter USCIS that you lived at more than one address. 

You should plan on providing a cover letter that summarizes your evidence you enclose with the i751 application and explaining any special circumstances like moving, or any special living arrangement (living with family or special living arrangements like utilities are included in rent).

Thank you! I will do this!

On 3/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, iwannaplay54 said:

Same with ours HOWEVER in the past renters insurance then homeowners/flood was in both our names.  Forgot to add that.  Used that one for 3-yr N-400 in addition to the list above.

Something as simple as your fishing licenses are “official” documents with your names on matching addresses.

The list I gave you is a good one, everything is solid co-mingling evidence. 

On the address change, we never explained anything like that.  I faithfully updated, she faithfully updated.  They had a record (somewhere) of address changes but never asked about it.

Thank you for the list and the tips!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.