Model4Life

After receiving mail from NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Please I need some clarifications. I received an email from NVC that our petition has been forwarded to the embassy stating that the embassy will contact my fiance when they are ready to process his petition.

I am wondering if we have to wait for the embassy to take other steps or we can go ahead and apply for the visa. 

Also on the Nigeria website on instructions   I see fill out two copies of DS-156... so are we filling DS-156 instead of DS-160? Never heard of any other aside DS-160. 

2. Can we make appointment for medical now as we await the embassy or we have to wait for directives from the embassy? 

3. Lastly, I am not sure if he need my tax transcripts during his visa interview.  I read somewhere that tax transcripts are only required during AOS and we only need to show proof of income from employer and letter from bank. 

Thank you all for your support. 

Best regards.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

not sure what your petition had marked on it that brought this request up

but i would email the embassy to get it corrected to a k1 as ds 160 is needed

u can not do the medical untill u have interview appointment notice to take to the dr

and u would not want to do that 

if visa is issued ,  it expires 6 months from date of medical exam

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

read down thru the entire list for interview as it has a section 

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

Timeline
33 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

not sure what your petition had marked on it that brought this request up

but i would email the embassy to get it corrected to a k1 as ds 160 is needed

u can not do the medical untill u have interview appointment notice to take to the dr

and u would not want to do that 

if visa is issued ,  it expires 6 months from date of medical exam

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

read down thru the entire list for interview as it has a section 

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

Thank you

Filed: Timeline

I'm not sure where on the Embassy website you saw this -- it is VERY old information.  The non-immigrant visa application used to be the DS-156 when it was a paper-based application.  It changed to the DS-160 when it became an online process in 2008-2009.  The current information on the Embassy's website is at: https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/how-to-apply/.

Timeline
On 3/14/2022 at 10:09 AM, jan22 said:

I'm not sure where on the Embassy website you saw this -- it is VERY old information.  The non-immigrant visa application used to be the DS-156 when it was a paper-based application.  It changed to the DS-160 when it became an online process in 2008-2009.  The current information on the Embassy's website is at: https://ng.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/how-to-apply/.

Thank you. Got it!

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.