2,967 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, TIA20 said:

Hi, after submitting the whole package  i360-i485-i765-i131 in feb 2022

i went for fingerprint twice for i360 and i485 April 2022

will like to know if my case is moving in the right direction

Yeah. 

Everything is moving in the right direction. 

Don't have anything to worry about. 👍👍👍

Edited by Rhema1

2 minutes ago, TIA20 said:

@Rhema1thanks. any idea what i should be getting ready for next?

1- receipts notices if you haven't receive any yet. 

2- prima facie determination on you form I-360 or RFEs if there is anything needed from you. 

3- EAD/AP, C09 category in few months 

4- if everything continues in that direction, renewals of prima fancie and eventually EAD C31 card production after approximately 25 months of you case reception. 

5- if vawa approved,  then transferred of your form I-485 to NBC for further reviews and approval of your green card. 

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Rhema1 said:

1- receipts notices if you haven't receive any yet. 

2- prima facie determination on you form I-360 or RFEs if there is anything needed from you. 

3- EAD/AP, C09 category in few months 

4- if everything continues in that direction, renewals of prima fancie and eventually EAD C31 card production after approximately 25 months of you case reception. 

5- if vawa approved,  then transferred of your form I-485 to NBC for further reviews and approval of your green card. 

@Rhema1ok thanks for tthe breakdown. please whats the benefit of the Prima Facie?

22 minutes ago, TIA20 said:

@Rhema1ok thanks for tthe breakdown. please whats the benefit of the Prima Facie?

It is to receive some public benefits or assistance depending of the State where you are in. 

Personally, I have never used it for any assistance. 

Some people on this thread used their prima facie determination to get financial aid for their studies and even food stamps. 

You can Google it to have a clearer understanding.

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Rhema1 said:

It is to receive some public benefits or assistance depending of the State where you are in. 

Personally, I have never used it for any assistance. 

Some people on this thread used their prima facie determination to get financial aid for their studies and even food stamps. 

You can Google it to have a clearer understanding.

@Rhema1thanks so much

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It is Sunday, and time for our Official Weekly VAWA-Thread Joke:

====================================================

TEACHING MATH THROUGH THE DECADES

1950s:  A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100.  His cost of production is 4/5 of the price.  What is his profit?

1960s:  A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100.  His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80.  What is his profit?

1970s:  A logger exchanges a set "L" of lumber for a set "M" of money.  The cardinality of set "M" is 100.  Each element is worth 1 dollar.  Make 100 dots representing the elements of the set "M."  The set "C," the cost of production, contains 20 fewer points than set "M" contains.  Represent the set "C" as a subset of set "M" and answer the following question:  What is the cardinality of the set "P" of profits?

1980s:  A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100.  His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20.  Underline the number 20.

1990s:  By cutting down beautiful forest trees, the logger makes $20.  What do you think of this way of making a living?  Topic for class participation after answering the question:  How did the forest birds, owls, and squirrels feel as the logger cut down the trees?  There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's OK.

2000s:  By laying off 40% of its loggers, a company improves its stock price from $80 to $100.  How much capital gain per share does the CEO make by exercising his stock options at $80?  Assume that capital gains are no longer taxed, because this encourages investment.

2010s:  If you have special needs or just feel that you need assistance because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, childhood memories, etc., then don't answer, and the correct answer will be provided for you.  There are no wrong answers. 

2017:  A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100, and she either makes or loses money.  How can this action be used to impeach President Donald Trump?

2022:  Un inmigrante cruza la frontera sur con contrabando escondido en un camión maderero.  ¿Cuál es su beneficio económico de esto?

:P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

6 minutes ago, sam012019 said:

Can you get student loans while waiting for I-360 Approval and working with EAD? if so what agencies should I contact? what is the max limit on student loans can i get ?

Yes, you can apply and get Fafsa with your Prima Facie.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:53 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Follow to join AOS.  Filed in September 2019; approved March 2020.

Hey @Pinkrlion thank you for your response.. May I ask what service center was processing your 824? Was it at Vermont or a another office? 

Appreciate you 

1 hour ago, HustlingStill said:

I literally just pulled up record on uscis case tracker with my receipt number and i see theres an october 2020 approval. Can anyone tell me how this vawa cases are being adjudicated?

There is no specific pattern. There are people on this platform from 2018 without approval. It is based on a case-by-case basis.

I literally just pulled up record on uscis case tracker with my receipt number and i see theres an october 2020 approval. Can anyone tell me how this vawa cases are being adjudicated?

That does not mean if someone send form i-360 then that is going to be VAWA only. It could be something related to i-360.

Edited by balo101

Sometimes, people gets approved before filing their form I-485. 

Generally in this case,  your priority date becomes the day uscis received your form I-485 and the date used in making of any service request out of normal processing time shown by your local office. 

So you might still be in the normal processing time at your local office even though your form I-360 was approved in October 2020.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.