BioNat

N-400 March 2022 Filers

421 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Imani said:

No u cant

Are you in Milwaukee field office? Every office and court house is different. BioNat and me from the same area so I am not interested how its anywhere else, sorry 

Edited by AnJay

My husband has his N-400 interview on August 18th. The weird thing is that he also received an interview notice for our pending I-751 application to remove conditions on his 2-year green card for the exact date & time. Anyone know why this is? 

Also - last time we were at the USCIS office for another issue, we saw a lot of people doing their interviews and then sitting back down in the waiting room until they were called to do their citizenship oath on the same day. Is this the common process? 

3/1/2021 - I-751 Filed 

3/29/2021 - NOA Received

7/29/2021 - Biometrics 

12/16/2021 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview 

57 minutes ago, maza318 said:

My husband has his N-400 interview on August 18th. The weird thing is that he also received an interview notice for our pending I-751 application to remove conditions on his 2-year green card for the exact date & time. Anyone know why this is? 

Also - last time we were at the USCIS office for another issue, we saw a lot of people doing their interviews and then sitting back down in the waiting room until they were called to do their citizenship oath on the same day. Is this the common process? 

You will have a combo interview, that’s why it’s both at the same time. 

But with the Oath it depends on the office. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 7/23/2022 at 2:49 AM, AnJay said:

Congrats! Could you bring a family member to the ceremony? 

Nope, family members only outside.

Also, since Milwaukee is currently with high level (https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-visitor-policy) you have to wear a mask (if you forget, they give you one). The guy coordinating the ceremony mentioned that they just had to go back on wearing masks that week due to Milwaukee going from medium to high level (again).

1 hour ago, BioNat said:

Also, since Milwaukee is currently with high level (https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-visitor-policy) you have to wear a mask (if you forget, they give you one). The guy coordinating the ceremony mentioned that they just had to go back on wearing masks that week due to Milwaukee going from medium to high level (again).

I have my interview in Milwaukee in two days… how long after the interview was your oath ceremony? 

4 hours ago, BioNat said:

Uff thanks… 

3 hours ago, Penelope_Dujardin said:

I have my interview in Milwaukee in two days… how long after the interview was your oath ceremony? 

He posted earlier about it, approximately a month later 

Someone in February 2022 N400 filers posted that the estimated time disappeared.  

I checked on my online account, it disappeared on mine as well.. 

"Your N-400 personalized processing time is down for maintenance. Check the estimated case processing times for your field office or service center."

Edited by Imani

AOS Approved in 308 days

Spoiler

Adjusted from Visa B1/B2 via Marriage to USC 

Sent Package July 26th 2016

EAD approved in (87 days)

Received EAD Combo Card (101 days)

Interview May 30th 2017 (308 days) 

Case Approved May 30th 2017 (308 days)

Greencard received June 7th 2017 (316 days)

ROC Approved in 955 Days (time affected by covid office closures)

Spoiler

Sent Package - 5/11/2019 - (0 days)

NOA Date - 5/14/2019  - (3 days) Conditional Greencard with ext expiration date 11/30/2020

Biometrics - 6/18/2019 - (38 days)

Transfer to NBC - 4/20/20 - (345 days)

Transfer back to Vermont Center - 4/21/20 (Never received that letter but USCIS agents over the phone advises this and have no explanation as to why it was transferred nor transferred back) - (346 days)

InfoPass - 11/20/20 (to get 1 year temp I-551 Stamp in Valid Passport) - (556 days)

Case Ready to be scheduled for interview - 1/4/2021 (601 days)

Interview Scheduled on 9/22/2021 for 10/20/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 9/23/21

Interview Scheduled on 9/26/2021 for 10/28/2021

Interview Cancelled and Noticed Ordered 10/4/2021

Called to get info pass to get second i-551 stamp before it expires in November, They will call back within 2 weeks to schedule infopass - 10/6/21

Infopass scheduled for 10/26/21 and told 10/28/2021 Interview still on. Went to Interview. Told need to call USCIS for another infopass appointment. Emergency Infopass scheduled for 11/2/2021.

Infopass - I-551 Stamp - 11/2/2021

Case Approved January 28 2022 (955 days)

N-400 Application

FO: Atlanta, GA

Filed N-400 Online - 3/4/2022

Biometrics Reuse - 3/4/22 (Service Center NBC)

Interview Scheduled - 9/12/22

Interview Date - 10/19/22

Decision: Decision cannot be made at this time

Application Recommended to be approved and submitted for Quality Review - 10/26/22

Oath Ceremony will be scheduled 10/26/2022

OATH CEREMONY MAILED - 10/27/2022

Checked online Oath Ceremony is - 11/18/2022

Hello March 2022 filers just some updates. Recently passed my interview last week 7.28  NYC FO. Nerve wrecking experience but luckily the Officer was nice. Started with the civic test after the 6 questions he stopped then proceed to my n400 only few was asked. After that signed the documents. While finishing up my naturalization interview paper he just asked me some personal stuff about my work. He said he don’t have any issues with my application and congratulated me and now I’m just waiting for the oath ceremony letter. Wish you all good luck march 2022 filers.

Hey all - hopefully an easy question.

We will be updating our address for our move, instead of trying to postpone our stay in the area for the interview.

But when I access the online AR-11 form, it only lets me update for either I-751 OR N-400, not both. Should we be submitting TWO AR-11s?

2019-03-19: AOS concurrent filing (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent; AOS from F-1 Visa

2019-03-21: AOS package received

2019-03-26: All NOA1s received (dated 3-21)

2019-04-05: Received biometrics notice

2019-04-08: Walk-in biometrics completed

2019-04-10: Received email that case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-16: Received email that interview was scheduled

2019-05-28: Green card approved at end of interview; email that case was approved received shortly after!

2021-03-06: I-751 package sent (delivered 03-09)

2021-04-02: $680 personal check fee cashed

2021-04-06: I-797 NOA (18-month extension letter) received, dated 04-01

2021-04-13: Fingerprints applied to I-751 case

On 7/31/2022 at 8:01 PM, laufers said:

Hello March 2022 filers just some updates. Recently passed my interview last week 7.28  NYC FO. Nerve wrecking experience but luckily the Officer was nice. Started with the civic test after the 6 questions he stopped then proceed to my n400 only few was asked. After that signed the documents. While finishing up my naturalization interview paper he just asked me some personal stuff about my work. He said he don’t have any issues with my application and congratulated me and now I’m just waiting for the oath ceremony letter. Wish you all good luck march 2022 filers.

Do you have an oath ceremony date yet?

Can you travel internationally with your 24 month extension & your expired green card between combo interview & oath ceremony?

hi, my green card (as that of most of us here) expired on June 2021. I have the 24 month extension. I had my combo interview last week and the i751 was approved but I haven’t received the approve letter. The officer said I won’t get a 10 year green card because I’ll become a citizen soon. I want to travel very few days internationally before the oath ceremony. Anybody has hear about any issues that could happen with this? Will I have any problem returning to the US? 
thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.